Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Tom had a double digit yard run against that Broncos D, imagine what Cam will do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

Tom had a double digit yard run against that Broncos D, imagine what Cam will do

The Broncos could shut down the entire Panthers offense and would still lose because Cam would have 100 yards and 2 TDs.

e: I'm not optimstic but I also don't think it'll be the blow out everyone is so eager to see

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
http://www.12news.com/story/news/local/valley/2016/01/25/cards-return-phoenix-after-crushing-defeat/79289364/

quote:

The Carolina Panthers dominated the Cardinals for all four quarters, winning 49 to 15 and advancing to Super Bowl 50.

However, that didn't stop a couple of loyal fans from coming to the airport to show their support. Die-hard fans DJ Michael Gonzales and Ana Rojas were the only supporters to show up, but you can tell the players appreciated it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Jesus Christ, Cardinals fans. That's depressing as gently caress.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Please tell me the Cardinals will have some official "thanks for a great year" thing. They had an awesome season. Sucks that only 2 fans showed up.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
its so loving easy to win in the playoffs lol get it together arians

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

There wasn't an official event and apparently the cards flew into a private terminal or something so they were standing on the side of the road hoping to get lucky

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
It was pretty bad listening to Arizona sports radio this morning where all they could talk about was blaming the poor performance on Carson's finger.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

TheFace posted:

It was pretty bad listening to Arizona sports radio this morning where all they could talk about was blaming the poor performance on Carson's finger.

The most infamous finger since John Hopoate

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Petite Dinklage posted:

The most infamous finger since John Hopoate

I understand this reference

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

hifi posted:

There wasn't an official event and apparently the cards flew into a private terminal or something so they were standing on the side of the road hoping to get lucky

Ok, that's better. At least it wasn't an official event.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Morby posted:

Ok, that's better. At least it wasn't an official event.

Phoenix sports haven't seen a championship since 2001 so fans don't realize they're supposed to welcome teams back.

Plus, yeah, private landing and security measures and all that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mr. Darsie posted:

I understand this reference
I did not, and thanks to Wikipedia now I do.

That's not giving him the business, that's giving an oil check.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

it's okay cards fans, you can post in here

its a safe place

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
http://www.newsy.com/videos/only-2-cardinals-fans-showed-up-to-welcome-team-home-after-loss/

There's no way this is true, right?

2 people?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That seemed sketchy to me, so I went back and read the article again. Apparently the airport they landed at is deep in the heart of Cowboys country. It really isn't that surprising that only both Cardinals fans were present there for what is basically a visiting team.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

three posted:

Jesus Christ, Cardinals fans. That's depressing as gently caress.

I guess so, but if it were an Eagles team (lol) (one that I actually liked) I'd have no idea where to go to even find out when/where their flight was coming in. I've always thought the people who did that were Big Fan type weirdos

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

That seemed sketchy to me, so I went back and read the article again. Apparently the airport they landed at is deep in the heart of Cowboys country. It really isn't that surprising that only both Cardinals fans were present there for what is basically a visiting team.

This would have been true like 10 years ago

indigi posted:

I guess so, but if it were an Eagles team (lol) (one that I actually liked) I'd have no idea where to go to even find out when/where their flight was coming in. I've always thought the people who did that were Big Fan type weirdos

http://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/691486270330146816

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Plus Cam can run at a pace that can't be described as "glacial", unlike Tom.
Of course.

Is there a prop bet for most yardage lost in a sack? Because I can totally see Cam taking one of his 3 spin moves going backwards 15 yard loss sacks in this game. It might be lock of the night.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's okay, Cardinal fans. Your team is still effectively the second best team this year and that's some good poo poo.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Cards are good! Get some new young talent and good next year! Go you guys!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i was there in 2008, when Delhomme died.

I woudln't wish that on any fanbase besides the Patriots.

I really hope Palmer bounces back :ohdear:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

i was there in 2008, when Delhomme died.

I woudln't wish that on any fanbase besides the Patriots.

I really hope Palmer bounces back :ohdear:

I can't believe that was in 2008. It feels like it just happened.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

I can't believe that was in 2008. It feels like it just happened.

that was the beginning of an odd two years that ended with us getting Cam.

The chain of events is pretty nuts.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

that was the beginning of an odd two years that ended with us getting Cam.

The chain of events is pretty nuts.

the Matt Moore era

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

concussed in the first game, hated by Fox.

injury led to a QB parade involving Jimmy Clausen, Tony Pike, Brian St Pierre, and Armanti Edwards.

Led to the number 1 overall pick that Marty Hurney had tried to trade for Jimmy Clausen to Arizona, but had been denied.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Denver defense is still scary as hell, probably on par with some really loving great ones from history. Its loaded top to bottom.

I hate hearing people write this game off already because I could see it being tighter than a fishes rear end in a top hat.

I guess it all depends on how well philips can adjust to Shulas weird running schemes and utilisation of max protect in certain situations.

I just hope kurt coleman shows up in the good way where his free wheeling wild man act ends in interceptions and not touchdowns.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Denver defense is still scary as hell, probably on par with some really loving great ones from history. Its loaded top to bottom.

I hate hearing people write this game off already because I could see it being tighter than a fishes rear end in a top hat.

I guess it all depends on how well philips can adjust to Shulas weird running schemes and utilisation of max protect in certain situations.

I just hope kurt coleman shows up in the good way where his free wheeling wild man act ends in interceptions and not touchdowns.

I think worst case scenario the Panthers offense will gently caress up less than the Broncos will.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kurt Coleman is a bad nfl player that happens to be on a good team at the moment. Ask any Eagles fan about watching him and Nate Allen attempting to play football alongside one another.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BabeLiker90 posted:

Kurt Coleman is a bad nfl player that happens to be on a good team at the moment. Ask any Eagles fan about watching him and Nate Allen attempting to play football alongside one another.

Kurt Coleman has had a very good year and fits in very well with what the Panthers want to do and this Panthers fan is very happy he's under team control for loving peanuts in 2016.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BabeLiker90 posted:

No.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Just suggesting ya'll temper your expectations of him. If you guys say he's doing good work down there I believe you. I have painful memories of watching him get repeatedly burned.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BabeLiker90 posted:

Just suggesting ya'll temper your expectations of him. If you guys say he's doing good work down there I believe you. I have painful memories of watching him get repeatedly burned.

Players fit in different places.

Not gonna argue with results.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

9 interceptions

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

BabeLiker90 posted:

Panthers secondary coaches and schemes have to be the best in the NFL. Kurt Coleman might have been the biggest pro bowl snub this year (seriously), they got Mike loving Mitchell 25 million after a year, Captain Munnerlyn 5 million a year, Josh Norman is an all pro, and Cortland Finnegan came off his couch 7 weeks ago and isn't even a liability.

They are incredible.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

I, too, am really pissed off that Kurt never looked anywhere near this good in Philly.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, it kind of feels like people are overreacting to Carolina destroying Arizona and just assuming Denver can't hang. I like the Panthers' chances, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it being a repeat of 2013.

Ribsauce posted:

Panthers secondary coaches and schemes have to be the best in the NFL. Kurt Coleman might have been the biggest pro bowl snub this year (seriously), they got Mike loving Mitchell 25 million after a year, Captain Munnerlyn 5 million a year, Josh Norman is an all pro, and Cortland Finnegan came off his couch 7 weeks ago and isn't even a liability.

They are incredible.

Don't forget Robert McClain, another off-the-couch guy who has been getting picked on by opposing QBs but somehow hasn't been a total disaster.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

Don't forget Robert McClain, another off-the-couch guy who has been getting picked on by opposing QBs but somehow hasn't been a total disaster.

Ribsauce posted:

They are incredible.

I mean it's because they basically have two three safeties playing linebacker who are also incredible against the run

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Plus, Kawann Short and Star Lotulelei can cause quarterbacks to panic and make bad throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, it kind of feels like people are overreacting to Carolina destroying Arizona and just assuming Denver can't hang. I like the Panthers' chances, don't get me wrong, but I don't see it being a repeat of 2013.

I kinda feel that their offense is too mediocre to have much chance against our defense, but I also feel there defense is good enough to keep it close enough that they could bullshit a win in. I figure the Panthers are way more complete though and should win outside of that.

• Locked thread