Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lemming posted:

Who do I vote for, it was going to be Bernie but he's being kind of a butthole recently

Bernie is the moral vote, don't vote for a security/war hawk unless you're forced to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a guy at work who was very pro-bernie started asking me about whitewater today

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

That said, spend some time figuring out your local races because the Presidential primary is over, lol.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

oddium posted:

Hell yes.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

What is it like to have downticket Dems

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lord of Pie posted:

What is it like to have downticket Dems

Due to how CA works, I usually get 2 down ticket Dems for each seat I have to decide on in the general. :smuggo:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

oddium posted:

It's the reason Fat Fuckabee ever made it to the national stage

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

Due to how CA works, I usually get 2 down ticket Dems for each seat I have to decide on in the general. :smuggo:

*sad trombone*

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

special sneak preview of clinton headquarters tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgflCE7zRpc

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
voting for hilldog later. feels ha ha goodman

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Immortan posted:

It's because the TPP is hugely unpopular across the aisle during this election cycle as evidenced by Trump & Sanders. She was for it initially. :sad:

A candidate willing to change their policies to fit the will of the electorate sounds good to me!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
im voting for the polyamorous sjw transgender bernie bro in my downticket race

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

HorseRenoir posted:

A candidate willing to change their policies to fit the will of the electorate sounds good to me!

She's lying to you. :ssh:

Her support for it has already been bought and paid for by donors.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I voted in the biggest Super Tuesday contest of all! And by that I mean the shady rear end NC primary election thrown together thanks to courts rejecting the Republican gerrymandering. I was number #127 today and the old ladies had fallen asleep due to lack of voting. Viva Democracy

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

An old friend of mine posted a photo of a portion of his ballot this morning and he wrote in "Condeleeza Rice."

Not sure if it's a joke ballot or just him being kinda dumb. He even added #ImWithHer to his post (but not the ballot, unfortunately).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Senf posted:

An old friend of mine posted a photo of a portion of his ballot this morning and he wrote in "Condeleeza Rice."

Not sure if it's a joke ballot or just him being kinda dumb. He even added #ImWithHer to his post (but not the ballot, unfortunately).

What's the significance of the italics?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
here's a link to the map of all results tonight live; http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Senf posted:

Could actually be illegal, depending on the exact state laws. Taking selfies of yourself with your ballot is definitely bad form.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

zoux posted:

It's a misspelling of her first name, which is spelt "Condoleezza". I'm pretty sure that, if there were any actual write-in campaign on her behalf, it would still end up getting counted as a vote for her, though.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Deteriorata posted:

Could actually be illegal, depending on the exact state laws. Taking selfies of yourself with your ballot is definitely bad form.

Clinton wins in landslide as thousands of Sanders votes are thrown out after taking selfies with ballot.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

zoux posted:

Because it's actually spelled Condoleezza and he's been a supporter of hers in the past, so the misspelling stood out to me. At least it bears a "reasonable resemblance" to her name, so his vote would still count :911:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Civilized Fishbot posted:

It's a misspelling of her first name, which is spelt "Condoleezza". I'm pretty sure that, if there were any actual write-in campaign on her behalf, it would still end up getting counted as a vote for her, though.

That would make her name be pronounced Condolitsa though.

Senf posted:

Because it's actually spelled Condoleezza and he's been a supporter of hers in the past, so the misspelling stood out to me. At least it bears a "reasonable resemblance" to her name, so his vote still counts :911:

Ok, I thought there was some other candidate surnamed Rice or something.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Vote for Clinton, she's left of Obama and there's 0% chance of having her waste time trying to play ball with the GOP morans in congress

Or if you're enormously blahblahblah never clinton she's a devil blahblahblah here's a breitbart article proving and indictment is coming blahblahblah then vote Stein or something but at least make sure you vote for Democrats downticket where your own lovely single issue third party will always fail you

I'm not voting for Stein loving lmao it's Clinton or Bernie, Bernie because I want to support his politics but his statements about the Nevada violence were bad and I'm started to get worried he might make things worse for the general, like if he goes real hard butthole about delegates or whatever in the convention and makes it messy

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

So will Hilary drop out after today?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

mike12345 posted:

So will Hilary drop out after today?

no, she'll stay in until she's indicted and dragged out of the convention in handcuffs

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I expect primo meltdowns tonight.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Schnorkles posted:

I expect primo meltdowns tonight.

That reminds me: In case anyone didn't see zdr's declaration in the locked Primary Toxx thread, tonight's the night the hammer falls (presuming Bernie does not pull out an 11th hour miracle). Anyone who's toxxed for him, well, I'd make your peace with it now as you're almost certainly living on borrowed time.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Epic High Five posted:

Vote for Clinton, she's left of Obama and there's 0% chance of having her waste time trying to play ball with the GOP morans in congress

Or if you're enormously blahblahblah never clinton she's a devil blahblahblah here's a breitbart article proving and indictment is coming blahblahblah then vote Stein or something but at least make sure you vote for Democrats downticket where your own lovely single issue third party will always fail you

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That reminds me: In case anyone didn't see zdr's declaration in the locked Primary Toxx thread, tonight's the night the hammer falls (presuming Bernie does not pull out an 11th hour miracle). Anyone who's toxxed for him, well, I'd make your peace with it now as you're almost certainly living on borrowed time.

:unsmigghh:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A Winner is Jew posted:

Needs to be the reason when the :toxx: burnouts get banned tonight.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
voting took less than two minutes and was seamless because this isn't my first time.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

logikv9 posted:

voting took less than two minutes and was seamless because this isn't my first time.

You voted for Bernie, correct?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Immortan posted:

You voted for Bernie, correct?

my vote has always belonged to Jim "Killed A Man" Webb

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
Was the first person in line this morning, took five minutes to cast my vote for Hil-Dawg, and was out. Saw a kid who didn't know he was a registered Republican get told to call the Registrar to see if they could fix it so he could vote Democrat. Saw another Elderly black gentleman loudly declare that he wasn't voting for no "Trump nonsense", but would "probably vote for Mrs. Clinton."

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
I wonder if Trump will get more popular votes than Hillary tonight.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/740287577073143810

https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/740288324015775744

Gonna be an interesting night.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

More like an interesting week since they'll keep accepting mail-in ballots until June 10.

e: from the California SOS website: "Mailed ballots: Must be postmarked on or before June 7, 2016, and received by your county elections office no later than June 10, 2016."

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/upcoming-elections/june-7-2016-presidential-primary-election/

Slate Action has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Jun 7, 2016

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Slate Action posted:

More like an interesting week since they'll keep accepting mail-in ballots until June 10.

lol seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Slate Action posted:

I don't think anyone will be paying attention after tonight. Obama will endorse tomorrow, and if the late mail-in ballots changes the result, its going to be a footnote at the end of the nightly news.

• Locked thread