Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Friends and family - potentially ugly, sometimes not friendly if they're in a bad mood, not usually fluffy

Pets - Cute, pretty much always friendly unless you get a bad pet like a pit bull, fluffy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Several organizations were saying "We got too many cats, come adopt a cat" so i adopted a kitten.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Slavery owns

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

sorry about your lack of pets op, must be lonely

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

the pyramids weren't built by slaves. it was aliens

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

drat, thats some multi-layered wordplay

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
LOL if your pets aren't full time employees. Make em fill out applications and everything.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

scuba school sucks posted:

LOL if your pets aren't full time employees. Make em fill out applications and everything.

I cut their hours so I don't have to give them benefits.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

imagine you're the bitchmade dude that made the lil one

what a fuckin failure

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
slavery is good

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I live with 2 cats. They greet me at the door, always seem pleased to see me, keep me warm at night and generally rule.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
I got my girlfriend a dog so she understands that having kids is a loving awful idea.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A better question is how do you nationalize having pets?

:ussr:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hth posted:

drat, thats some multi-layered wordplay

Thank you

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

FreudianSlippers posted:

A better question is how do you nationalize having pets?

:ussr:

put them on a register

call it the adorable care act

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
Ay you ever smooch a kitty op?

Shut ya gently caress hole, then.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The weak troll/"hard truths" GBS thread is still the shittiest kind of GBS thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey GBS! Dessert is loving bad for you!

Still listening to music in TYOOL 2016 lmao

I'm loving sick of friendship, as a concept

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey GBS! Dessert is loving bad for you!

Still listening to music in TYOOL 2016 lmao

I'm loving sick of friendship, as a concept

i heard that video games are for children on here a few times

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Caesar Saladin posted:

i heard that video games are for children on here a few times

thats true

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

VikingSkull posted:

slavery would imply they labored

my cats just eat and poo poo

it's clearly kidnapping at best

I once had my scary Bentley Arnage driving high powered litigator neighbor ask me what my dog was and what he did in an accusatory tone in the elevator. And I don't mean like what breed and what kind of tricks, like literally like he was unaware dogs even existed and assumed they must have some sort of profession.

One of the most surreal moments in my life.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

jesus christ booblord, [timg] that poo poo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I adopted two cats from the ex-lead guitarist of Limp Bizkit, Wes Borland, and his fiancee, Carre. The cats own but are curious assholes. The only part of me that suffers for having them is my wallet. Otherwise they have been a solid addition to my household.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
my dog was so mad when we sang happy birthday for me when he was outside he didn't be happy for like two days. Then we petted him, and gave him treats. Be cause he was a good dog

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i thought getting to have a dog was the whole point of getting a girlfriend and living together with her
otherwise it would be like a 1 parent home for the dog and i wouldnt do that to him

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bagmonkey posted:

I adopted two cats from the ex-lead guitarist of Limp Bizkit, Wes Borland, and his fiancee, Carre. The cats own but are curious assholes. The only part of me that suffers for having them is my wallet. Otherwise they have been a solid addition to my household.

do you still talk to Wes

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

Did you ever meet Fred? The answer better be yes.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

bagmonkey posted:

so.... u did it all for the pussy?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

let it mellow posted:

C'mon

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

paul_soccer10 posted:

do you still talk to Wes

I see him around sometimes. Their band Queen Kwong plays around here a lot, and he lives not too far from me too. Really nice dude, likes sharing cat pictures.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Did you ever meet Fred? The answer better be yes.

No. I did recently hear about their last show on some rock boat thing that had a bunch of old nu metal bands. His tales of the event were pretty depressing.

let it mellow posted:

Yes.

edit, they were also the least worst people I attempted to adopt from.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

loving cat lovers

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Yeah it is slavery in a sense but I don't care about my cats rights so it doesn't bother me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Jim Barris posted:

Yeah it is slavery in a sense but I don't care about my cats rights so it doesn't bother me.

my cat voted for you!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

loving cat lovers

Friend did you not get the obvious joke?

Zev
Apr 3, 2009
One of my dogs was skin and bones with no collar when I got her off of the street. The other was unwanted and being raised in a mud pit behind a trailer house. I got her when I purchased a used, and likely stolen, washer/dryer set from the property owner.

I would like to think that they are both better off with regular feedings, a yard, and the occasional trip to go camping or visit family.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Space Race Riot posted:

I live with 2 cats. They greet me at the door, always seem pleased to see me, keep me warm at night and generally rule.

Yeah cats are really rad.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
because I found the scarred, bleeding starving doggie on the side of the road and now he lives in my yard while playing with the other neighborhood dogs while I provide him with food water and belly rubs

Like an outdoor cat except he doesn't murder wildlife and get run over on the highway

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Zev posted:

One of my dogs was skin and bones with no collar when I got her off of the street. The other was unwanted and being raised in a mud pit behind a trailer house. I got her when I purchased a used, and likely stolen, washer/dryer set from the property owner.

I would like to think that they are both better off with regular feedings, a yard, and the occasional trip to go camping or visit family.

you are a good person

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Ya know my cat is a slave, sure, in the sense that it is property that I own but it's also very well fed property that receives lots of love and attention. I truly don't see why anyone ought to feel it's morally wrong to own a lesser creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

food court bailiff posted:

Friend did you not get the obvious joke?

no. I got the obvious joke.
Did you?

• Locked thread