Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

zakharov posted:

I honestly don't know how you argue that Ted Cruz is a RINO, can you enlighten me?

I don't know either. I'm guessing blind Trump loyalty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I used to be represented by this man.

Rep. Paul Cook (R-CA)

He is the current sitting congressman for California's 8th, which covers most of the back end of the Inland Empire and other California backwaters.

After the retirement of longstanding incumbent and noted shitheel Jerry Lewis, Cook won his seat against CA Minuteman founder Gregg Imus. Pretty average Republican politician, seems to focus only on military affairs. Not a fan personally, but he is better than Lewis and Tim "Bringing a loaded gun onto a plane" Donnelly. His seat is being contested by Democratic Rita Ramirez, who is probably going to lose. There is a growing liberal minority population in the High Desert, but there are still too many white people afraid of "them" to make a difference.

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 00:13 on Nov 7, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nuclearmonkee posted:

OR-4 Peter DeFazio. He's pretty good for a politician and one of the few guys who actually voted against the Patriot Act and has been consistently against letting rich people continue to not pay taxes.

I also wrote him to bring back the stache

what?! but i already posted him... he's my congressman......

th-that two timing son of a bitch !! :qq:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Idiot Kicker posted:

We're stuck with Mike Simpson and Mike Crapo until the end of loving time.
Crapo has been skating by on incumbency and party for years. He needlessly put himself in the spotlight by nevertrumping and then bailing on the movement. The man has no integrity. All he has is a high volume of direct mail fliers.
Idaho should be demoted to demistate

gently caress, accidentally voted 1 on my phone. Sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z5B7SUxbWk

:beerpal:

i'm sooo sorry :glomp:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

does his last name have a weird pronunciation like senator boner's or is it just 'crap-o'?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Progressive JPEG posted:

does his last name have a weird pronunciation like senator boner's or is it just 'crap-o'?

how the hell would I know i dont live in Idaho

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Eleanor Holmes Norton! Representative!
A Democrat from Washington, D.C.!

Pros:
Fights for D.C. Statehood and Issues!
Despite not actually being vote, has done tons for the legitimacy of DC in Congress' eyes

Cons:
Isn't really able to do much at all because Congress is a bunch of assholes about DC

Franklin Garcia! SHADOW Representative
A Democrat from Washington, D.C.!

Pros:
Uh... he's tryin, by gar.

Cons:
Is an entirely symbolic position, and isn't recognized by Congress. Has even less power than EHN above

SgtScruffy has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Nov 7, 2016

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Redeye Flight posted:

Senator 2: Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)

I don't know as much about Amy as I'd like. My mom and my grandma adore her, and I know her voting record is good. Someone else can back me up here.

Amy is genuinely more beloved in MN than Franken. She generally keeps her head down, but is a reliable and well-liked member of Congress. She's less liberal than Al, but she's also pretty effective at getting Republicans to co-sign her bills, which is pretty impressive.

She's been known to bring up that she was able to raise $17,000 from ex-boyfriends when she ran for the Senate, and Barack Obama said that she was funnier than Franken.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Pick posted:

what?! but i already posted him... he's my congressman......

th-that two timing son of a bitch !! :qq:

We can share :3:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I have known Ann Wagner (R-MO 2nd) for years. I went to grade and high school with her son. I live in her district.

gently caress her and gently caress her spoiled rotten kids. She's the only woman I call a (word that might get me probated, so I'm not using it) and she is one. Sadly all the morons in Ellisville and O'Fallon and Dardenne Prairie will vote for a small dog if it was on the GOP ballot line because of taxes and abortion.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Technogeek posted:

Bill Huizenga (R-MI)

He's an "audit the fed" jackass, but otherwise a bog-standard Republican piece of poo poo.

buihzenga

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
I just moved a mile from district 10 to 25.

I don't know much about my new rep (Roger Williams?) but hey, I live in Austin, why bother learning names when every redistricting gets me a new Republican anyhow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Winter Stormer posted:

I don't know much about my new rep (Roger Williams?) but hey, I live in Austin, why bother learning names when every redistricting gets me a new Republican anyhow.

Austins getting gangbanged by those districts :gooncamp:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Progressive JPEG posted:

Crepe-o.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Some of you guys are just posting your Senators, post your house representatives if you want to do it right.

Anyway here's mine.

Jan Schakowski , Democrat, Illinois 9th district.

A Cool and Good representative with Cool and Good opinions. She's a member of the Progressive Caucus and is generally one of the most left leaning people in Congress. She represents everything from part of Chicago's north side all the way up to Arlington Heights. Being an entrenched Democrat in the Chicago land area means she will have the position for as long as she wants to. Her husband is a bit of a mess though.

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender

Darrell Issa (R-CA) 49th District

You're probably familiar with this guy

-richest member of congress
-major obstructionist who's long been a thorn in Obama's side
-funded and led Benghazi investigations
-initial anti-Trumper who endorsed Trump
-tried to suck up to Obama in a mailer after the pussy-tape dropped, got called out by him for it

Previously thought to have a safe seat, he's now being forced to fight for it in a tight race against a first-time runner

Doug Applegate (D-CA)

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

alsothere posted:

Darrell Issa (R-CA) 49th District

good lord and I thought my rep was a shithead

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender

Polygynous posted:

good lord and I thought my rep was a shithead

Polygynous posted:

Lou Barletta

look at this motherfucker right here

those teeth holy :eyepop:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I live in NC's 5th Congressional District.

My Rep: Virginia Foxx (R-NC}

Notable accomplishments: voted against aid to victims of Hurricane Katrina / voted against the Matthew Shepherd hate crime law / said the ACA is more dangerous than terrorists

I vote against her every time but out here in rural NC she wins in a landslide every time.

My Senators are Richard Burr and Thom Tillis. UGH

As an added bonus Burr was my Congresscritter before he went to the Senate.

CannonFodder has issued a correction as of 14:52 on Nov 7, 2016

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
my wife had a dream that my dad was loving my congressional rep (Jan s) and then a dance off happened so I support her a lot

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Madeleine Bordallo, (D-Guam), is our non-voting delegate to the House.

Best known for unwittingly opening a can of snakes on Colbert, she spends most of her time pushing for WWII reparations that will never come and a Jones Act exemption that also will never materialize.

It's a figurehead position, which is fine, as Madeleine is a great figurehead candidate. She studied music in Minnesota, came out to Guam in the 60's and became a local TV broadcaster, married a politician who later became governor who blew his brains out in public after being federally convicted of bribery/tampering/obstruction.

She then entered politics, becoming the lieutenant governor to a candidate who was indicted three times (but never convicted!) of small-time scams that pilfered from the people. Then, in 2002, ran for delegate and won.

Her current opponents for delegate this year were: a guy who was forced to resign as the Assistant Secretary of Insular Affairs due to allegations of impropriety, an inept former governor who was probably the first one in awhile not to have any criminal investigations into his office, and a woman whose campaign consisted of 'seriously, I'm not white, I swear'.

There are claims that Bordallo is not only out of touch with Guam voters, but also suffering from dementia and memory loss, as she is 83 years old.

As she is still the best candidate by far, I will vote for her, and she'll win at roughly a 60-40 split.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Earl Leroy Buddy Carter (R-GA1) is my back-benching rookie filling in after Jack Kingston gave up the seat for a failed senate run. There are many occupations covered in Congress, and Buddy brings a crucial pharmacist angle to America's issues. Looks like he could talk about UGA football for hours.

Pros: 'Disgusted' at Shkreli making a little too much money on his pills

Cons: Buddy Carter's Senate Bill 408 would have unlocked profit margins for pharmacies, of which he owns several.

I don't care for him.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Gerry Connolly (D-VA)
A very milquetoast generic Dem in a safe district, running unopposed.

A few years ago, I entered/left his district three times each way from my home and job, both of which were in the district of

Barbara Comstock (R-VA) and her former boss, Frank Wolf III.
Comstock is a lovely person who, among other things, helped draft the language that impeached Bill Clinton and thinks Planned Parenthood sells baby parts for profit.
Her district was pretty safe for a long time - Wolf served for 17 terms, and Comstock got elected in 2014 without much of a fight.
However, something upwards of $12,000,000 in 3rd party money has been spent this cycle in a race that's too close to call. With any luck, she'll be a one-termer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Abugadu posted:

Madeleine Bordallo, (D-Guam), is our non-voting delegate to the House.

There are claims that Bordallo is not only out of touch with Guam voters, but also suffering from dementia and memory loss, as she is 83 years old.

As she is still the best candidate by far, I will vote for her, and she'll win at roughly a 60-40 split.

Wow, a bona fide Guam poster! *scratches off part of the map*

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

This guy personally phonebanked for himself in 2012, so we chatted a couple of times:

Eric Swalwell (D-CA)

Kinda looks like a douche, but he's got a reliably liberal voting record and likes to post photos of his feet when he travels. Took part in the House sit-in over background checks a few months ago, so I guess he's cool.

Then I moved to SF and had some obscure benchwarmer nobody.

ninjahedgehog has issued a correction as of 20:49 on Nov 8, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA)

- literally a blue dog democrat.
- has said racist poo poo in her senate campaign
-- "We know that there is a small group, and we don’t know how big that is – it can be anywhere between 5 and 20 percent, from the people that I speak to – that Islam is their religion and who have a desire for a caliphate and to institute that in any way possible, and in particular go after Western norms" <-- literally a thing she said on tv
- did vote against iraq war, but voted in favor of every subsequent appropriates bill for it.
- is not running for re-election in her house seat.

FuzzyBuddha
Dec 7, 2003

"I dreamed I died and went to hell, and Don Young was still my representative." -UAF Journalism dept. bathroom stall.

Don Young (R) - Alaska. Serving Alaska since I was 1 year old, and a poster child for term limits.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Oh hey, a congresspeople thread! Time to tell everyone how great Keith Elli--

MaxxBot posted:

Keith!

Pros: Pretty much everything

Cons: He isn't Jeb!

Bip Roberts posted:

Agreed.

I met him at the Nicolette train stop election day 2014: A pretty cool dude.

Zeroisanumber posted:

What's up best congressperson buddy!

:) :respek: :)

Redeye Flight posted:

Rep: Minnesota House District 5, KEITH

Keith Ellison is awesome. Keith Ellison is the first Muslim Congressman. Keith Ellison is the first African-American Congressman from Minnesota. Keith Ellison is a diehard bleeding heart liberal. Keith Ellison was arrested for civil disobedience after protesting the President of Sudan. Keith Ellison isn't afraid to cry on camera. I wish everyone could have a Keith Ellison.

How many of us are there even geez

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kristi Noem. (R-SD)

Nothing notable about her besides being a rubber stamp for the GOP and bitching about how it's not fair to knock her for missing house votes because she's a mommy.

Also part of a family of farmers that makes more money off subsidies than actual farming, yet votes against any and all entitlements.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jerrold Nadler, Democrat, NY-10

he's a pretty cool guy. he voted against invading Iraq, the Patriot Act, and the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 that made it harder for people to declare bankruptcy. he didn't call for impeachment of GW Bush but he said the Justice Department should investigate him, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and other top officials for torture. he also stood up for OWS protesters' rights when their camp was taken down by NYPD

he also voted for the deal with Iran, and as a result he got a primary challenge from someone who was obviously recruited as the pro-Israel candidate. this resulted on one of the best exchanges between candidates i've ever heard. listen to all 22 minutes, it's hilarious. Nadler whupped him in the primary btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Winter Stormer posted:

Borrowing this for Texas District 20, which is held by my Congresscritter Joaquin Castro:

Pros:
-Identical twin brother of Julián Castro, the former Mayor of San Antonio
-He's the son of a literal La Raza member
-No really, it's hilarious, Joaquin is Republican fear made real
-He will be elected to the House forever because his seat is hilariously Democratic
-Seriously he didn't even have a Republican running against him the last two times, just a Libertarian and a Green

Probably good: he's on a bunch of military committees:
Committee on Armed Services
-Subcommittee on Tactical Air and Land Forces
-Subcommittee on Intelligence, Emerging Threats and Capabilities
Committee on Foreign Affairs
-Subcommittee on Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Trade

Cons:
-His seat is a Democratic vote sink, meaning that it helps to keep a bunch of Republican seats safe
-He's relatively new to congress, meaning he doesn't yet have the connections and pull that older members have
-There's only one of him (or two, maybe:v:)
-Julian is not VP, meaning twin switcheroos are not going to happen right now

fade5 has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Nov 8, 2016

• Locked thread