Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Time and time again majority of Dems show themselves to be weak willed. The number of Facebook appeals for reason and "we will survive this" are staggering and the exact antithesis to what the GOP has shown will bring success which is to not accept anything, fight like your loving life depends on it, and scare all those who won't accept the first two.

I was thinking this election will bust up the Republicans but it looks like the Dems are going to have to start majorly retooling their philosophy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

slave to my cravings posted:

Which state can Michelle Obama run for senator in 2018. She's the best hope for 2020

lol that anyone thinks the solution to the Democrats electoral woes in this climate is "hmmmm, what if we put up another political dynasty candidate???"

worked great for the bushes and clintons

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
michelle wanted to walk away from politics forever when hilldawg was a lock, there's no loving way she would consider running to unwind four/eight years of trumphell

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I don't even know that they need major retooling just some minor adjustments would win then the presidency back. Like the smallest of outreach to rust belt voters will go a long way when they realize trump can't and won't do poo poo for them to bring "manufacturing" jobs back. That won't solve their awful state level legislature problem but at least they might not lose to trump twice

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

mossyfisk posted:

lol that anyone thinks the solution to the Democrats electoral woes in this climate is "hmmmm, what if we put up another political dynasty candidate???"

worked great for the bushes and clintons

I'm sure someone in the DNC is working on this now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

That mannequin challenge video looks pretty funny now!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Purge the impure

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

instead they just laid on the dogwhistle for the entire election thinking latino and black turnout would carry them over the 270 mark

so she should have appealed to white male voters more? and where do you think the poc vote goes then?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you dont appeal to the white male vote or the poc vote you appeal to the mufuckin $17.27 in the checking account brokevote

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

you dont appeal to the white male vote or the poc vote you appeal to the mufuckin $17.27 in the checking account brokevote

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

KidDynamite posted:

so she should have appealed to white male voters more? and where do you think the poc vote goes then?

maybe you didn't get memo but trump won more of the latino and african american vote than obama did in 2012, largely on the backs of latino and african american males

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

yep

obama rallied a demographically diverse electorate around an economic message

hillary was running against the scummiest new york millionaire shithead in the world and yet somehow couldn't find a way to play the economic populist, she tried to rely on racial and sexual demographics instead but failed miserably

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
chelsea clinton is gonna run in 2020 and save the dnc

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

maybe you didn't get memo but trump won more of the latino and african american vote than obama did in 2012, largely on the backs of latino and african american males

going to assume you meant romney , then the question is were there less black and latino votes than in 2012? can you please link to your source?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jonny 290 posted:

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Romney, not Obama. This is stuff they said on the news networks. We won't have the hard data for a while.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

KidDynamite posted:

going to assume you meant romney , then the question is were there less black and latino votes than in 2012? can you please link to your source?

oops, yeah more than romney in 2012 is what i meant

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The fact that John Podesta spoke instead of her sums it up for me.

Was she drunk or did she not bother to write a concession speech?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jonny 290 posted:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Frosted Flake posted:

did she not bother to write a concession speech?

what does your heart tell you

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

apparently people lie on anonymous polls because they are that ashamed of their real vote

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

It should be a gently caress of a lot more than 53%.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
They could just have the next nom from the DNC just fuckin lie. Promise them vast riches and extreme sex vacations. You need to trick the uneducated poor because apparently they can't be trusted to choose.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

economics didn't loving matter this election. what mattered is the massive propaganda network the right has created in this country that brainwashed all the stupidest people in the land into being their undying servants, and America apparently has more "stupidest people in the land" than any other place in the western world. When one man's entire message is "I will make it good. it'll be the best you've ever seen" and you can't loving come up with an answer to that, that's a loving messaging problem and that's been the democrat weakness their entire modern existence

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
The DNC fucksd up big league by going after Pepe

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Fullhouse posted:

economics didn't loving matter this election. what mattered is the massive propaganda network the right has created in this country that brainwashed all the stupidest people in the land into being their undying servants, and America apparently has more "stupidest people in the land" than any other place in the western world. When one man's entire message is "I will make it good. it'll be the best you've ever seen" and you can't loving come up with an answer to that, that's a loving messaging problem and that's been the democrat weakness their entire modern existence

hmmm, I wonder why this essential electoral demographic you regularly denigrate as the 'stupidest people in the land' chose not to consider your candidate??

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Fullhouse posted:

Hey look, the reason democrats didn't win in one concise post!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So there was a meeting in 2008 to set up Hillary's 2016 run, is that about right? How did this happen?

I keep reading about the Clinton machine, but how does that work exactly?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Captain Internet posted:

They could just have the next nom from the DNC just fuckin lie. Promise them vast riches and extreme sex vacations. You need to trick the uneducated poor because apparently they can't be trusted to choose.

im fully on board with some extreme sex vacations

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

like how do you acknowledge that white males are becoming more and more of a minority-like group in national politics for almost a decade now and still act shocked when they vote like a minority group?

Black and Latino turnout was UP in Florida and Clinton still lost. The DNC got tricked by its own talking point that it could win without whites.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

Male fragility
White fragility

I thought fragile meant it was easily broken?
It, uh, seems like Hillary got crushed and the white males who voted Trump were the ones who came through.

KidDynamite posted:

The P.O.C. vote goes to the only place it can go, the Democratic Party, because they are a captive demographic with no choice in the matter. What are they going to do, vote Trump?

You cannot win an election in America without the support of white male voters. If you do not have a strategy for courting white male voters, you lose.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mossyfisk posted:

hmmm, I wonder why this essential electoral demographic you regularly denigrate as the 'stupidest people in the land' chose not to consider your candidate??

because she was bad. read past the first sentence

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Baloogan posted:

For all the predictions of the GOP imploding into bits of angry poo poo stains screaming at eachother for ever and ever you loving retards somehow forgot about like 6 goddamn states.

Your instituion is corrupt, globalists inside and out. Filled with idiots, emails, humas, weiners, cucks, social justic wariors, literal communists, figurative communists

you don't even LISTEN to alex jones

you don't EXIST IN THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT at ANY LEVEL

oh no presidency not 4 u

oh poo poo not the senate lol

oh poo poo not the hosue doulbe lol

and not in the fuckin justice department either

u lost the goddamn supreme court for a generator and the pickled ruth baiter gin berg is going tot loving new zealand to commune with the HOBBITS

your poo poo is over, you don't literally EXIST IN AMERICA any more you lost to a gaggle of idiots playing around in a dumpster fire because you don't connect with anyone at all

Fix yo self, the country needs two healthy parties

this poo poo doesn't change the minds of any but the most cucked tards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaMaeNK_gqs

you guys got OWNED by 4chan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c

your meme magic is stale and previous generation

there is no spark

there is no fire

STASIS vs CHAOS

you chose stasis because your a loving milktoast lamer poo poo heel who hasn't had an original idea since they got beat out of you educated stupid

chaos life is chaos this poo poo burns entropy increases

its your fualt

fix it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

KidDynamite posted:

Male fragility
White fragility

Keep pretending that pointing this out is helpful and not the reason Donald Trump is in the white house

Lol, the concern trolls were right.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

Black and Latino turnout was UP in Florida and Clinton still lost. The DNC got tricked by its own talking point that it could win without whites.

Trump won a higher % of latino voters than Romney

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I thought Hillary was a really good candidate (though I was rooting for Bernie in the primary) and I'm blown away that Trump won.

I was worried about him winning but everyone in C-Spam said I was an idiot so I calmed down. :shrug:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Nice 20 state strategy DWS

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Not a Step posted:

I thought fragile meant it was easily broken?
It, uh, seems like Hillary got crushed and the white males who voted Trump were the ones who came through.

The P.O.C. vote goes to the only place it can go, the Democratic Party, because they are a captive demographic with no choice in the matter. What are they going to do, vote Trump?

You cannot win an election in America without the support of white male voters. If you do not have a strategy for courting white male voters, you lose.

the biggest mistake we made this election, as a party, was assuming the opposite of this was true and this is why we lost

I don't expect POC will have a lot of impact on shaping future candidates with either party after this one. The burning of a century. They didn't even turn out to vote for the candidate they picked. Good lord. :cripes:

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

they didn't pick her. The DNC did, like a decade ago. No wonder they didn't turn out when it wasn't ever their choice to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Mirthless posted:

the biggest mistake we made this election, as a party, was assuming the opposite of this was true and this is why we lost

I don't expect POC will have a lot of impact on shaping future candidates with either party after this one. The burning of a century. They didn't even turn out to vote for the candidate they picked. Good lord. :cripes:

Nah, they still matter, but this attitude that the P.O.C. vote is the only thing that counts and 'lol gently caress white people' has got to go. Future candidates need to find commonalities that appeal to voters of all races and genders, not just trumpet the fact that they too have a vagina and hope for the best. Strength in diversity, but don't forget white people are part of that diversity (and still the majority).

• Locked thread