Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

COMRADES posted:

Better living through chemistry.

Probably better nutrition in general funny as that sounds maybe.

I think modern humans are pretty big relative to the average in like 500ad?

A lot of women these days have fake asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spinster posted:

Its exercise. It wasnt done by women nearly in the same degree 30 - 40 even 20 years ago.

There's an episode where the two girls are doing calisthenics from the radio and one where ginger says if she gets any smaller she gonna have to play boy parts

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

A lot of women these days have fake asses.

Yea do not like

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Our primitive ancestors didn't know how to design shorts/pants that flattered the rear end

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

great big cardboard tube posted:

Our primitive ancestors didn't know how to design shorts/pants that flattered the rear end

Uhh good luck making some of that on an island for fucks sake. They're lucky they had fresh water.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Thots and Prayers posted:

Uhh good luck making some of that on an island for fucks sake. They're lucky they had fresh water.

Made from g mans duffel bag

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fun fact: ginger claims the show ruined her career despite having several leading roles after the conclusion of the show. I still watch gilligans island and not any of the other poo poo she is in, she's just mad she got ugly while maryanne is still fine as hell and like 80

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Has any actor's career ever actually been ruined by 1 good role? Maybe George Costanza's I guess, that's all I got

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

typecasting happens but I mean you getting work so I am not sure I would call it ruination

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

great big cardboard tube posted:

Has any actor's career ever actually been ruined by 1 good role? Maybe George Costanza's I guess, that's all I got

Duckman

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
I remember Bob Denver got arrested in 98 for receiving a box of weed in the mail and thinking that was the biggest load of horseshit

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

poisonpill posted:

It's obvious that the Professor was intentionally botching every escape chance they had and blaming it on Gilligan.

Also were they leaving from Florida? They really couldn't have been further than Cuba in highly-travelled waterways. Prof had full on cloaking technology. Gilligan was an inside job

They're in the Pacific

They always talk about Hawaii

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Hogan's heroes is better.

I'm gay.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Star Trek: Voyager is the only good show

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yknow what would be funny

What if Gilligan was stranded in the delta quadrant

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This can''t be reposted enough.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

poisonpill posted:

It's obvious that the Professor was intentionally botching every escape chance they had and blaming it on Gilligan.

Also were they leaving from Florida? They really couldn't have been further than Cuba in highly-travelled waterways. Prof had full on cloaking technology. Gilligan was an inside job

Florida, lol. Wow you've embarrassed yourself. Delete your account.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

Florida, lol. Wow you've embarrassed yourself. Delete your account.

Now now, Mr HappyCat Supreme hat, fans of a show revolving round the clumsy idiot Gilligan should not ignorance-shame other fans, but rather educate them. (I'm sure The Professor would agree. :science:)

I'd also forgotten where the Minnow departed from, so I looked it up. It was from Honolulu.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilligan%27s_Island#Premise

The location of "Gilligan's" island itself (in the series)? Three different latitude/longitude pairs are given in different episodes of the show.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilligan%27s_Island#Uncharted_island

One location only makes sense if you transpose the Latitude and Longitude (page includes a map):
http://www.choicelink.com/gilligan/maps

And here's a map of the island which you can click on to find all 7 castaways. "Best viewed with Netscape 2.0 or greater / High Color":
http://www.gilligansisle.com/islnd.html

Fun facts: Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann, was a former Miss Nevada. During the show's first run she typically received twice as much fan mail as the actress who played Ginger.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 26, 2018

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

Star Trek: Voyager is the only good show

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Hector Beerlioz is right Green Acres was the much better off the two ridiculous shows at least it got really bizarre in the end and not "hey the Harlem Globetrotters are here and they brought their basketball robot with them" bizarre

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

criscodisco posted:

Hector Beerlioz is right Green Acres was the much better off the two ridiculous shows at least it got really bizarre in the end and not "hey the Harlem Globetrotters are here and they brought their basketball robot with them" bizarre

That was a tv movie and not canon, green acres had way too much beastiality

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
The only bestiality was when Arnold the pig dated a dog and she taught him to bark and I don't even think that technically counts as bestiality

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's in the directors cut

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Well MeTV doesn't show those so I'll just have to believe you

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Blue Train posted:

typecasting happens but I mean you getting work so I am not sure I would call it ruination

i have to imagine most of the time people not getting more roles because of 'typecasting' is just that the actor is the one hit wonder version of the movie world, and/or their head gets too big and they refuse a lot of roles that are 'beneath them'.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

tsa posted:

their head gets too big and they refuse a lot of roles that are 'beneath them'.

It was ginger so going with this one

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
And the rest.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I bet this post ends up a 3 page thread.

A 3 page thread.

A 3 page thread.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

One of the world's greatest tragedies

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Sorry op, the best show was DangerMouse. The Heroic tale of a super spy mouse and his sidekick Scrotum.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Click Coconut for Theme

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i could not suspend my disbelief after gilligan hosed up their escape efforts for the 100th time and they didn't kill him for it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Green Acres is the place to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiZqFGLAeAc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I see vintage pics like these and wonder why women's assess are so much better now than they were back then.

Yoga and yoga pants going mainstream....

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
someone forgot about F Troop and Dragnet!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Joe Friday (the great Jack Webb) walks quickly around while moving his arms a miniscule, almost imperceptible amount.

For real. It's weird. Check it out.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pitdragon posted:

i could not suspend my disbelief after gilligan hosed up their escape efforts for the 100th time and they didn't kill him for it

He is to gristly to eat

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Harald posted:

someone forgot about F Troop and Dragnet!

Dragnet is definitely a watchful show but is not anywhere near the perfection that Gilligan's Island is. The shoe phone is good poo poo though

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Dragnet is definitely a watchful show but is not anywhere near the perfection that Gilligan's Island is. The shoe phone is good poo poo though

the shoe phone is Get Smart! (as is the Cone of Silence)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The 60s had the best and stupidest shows. The Get Smart episode where Max and Siegfried end up kidnapping the entirely of KAOS and CONTROL in order to have the upper hand in a hostage exchange is hilarious.

• Locked thread