Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imd-AF6lIO0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I like this one because it shows that Second Life is ultimately a digital zoning board simulation

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I loving die laughing every time the woman says, "You want to start targeting me, I'm targeting you, and I don't gently caress around".

Like what can anyone possibly do about your fake online biker cosplay. They are so serious about it and you can just hear the overweight white trash wheezing behind their avatars.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

My days griefing alongside the Baku boys are some of my fondest memories. It’s a shame so many of the Second Life Safari videos were lost to time. I’ve got some screenshots from over the years, I’ll go ahead and post them sometime later when I’m at home!

I used to go to this sex-hotel where people could pay for a room and then use its bed to do a bunch of sexual positions. I had a “jet pack” HUD accessory that let me multiply my running/flying speed and I broke it by cranking it up too far, so every time I’d use it it would basically warp me forward, walls be damned. So I’d warp through the building into random couples’ rooms and screw up their sex positions, throw Molotov cocktails at them, unleash particle-summoning stuff, you name it.

Once, I found a guy idling alone in one of the beds, so I hopped in next to him, made him the bottom and took a screenshot and sent it to him. Next time I signed on his internet girlfriend had sent a ton of threatening messages to me. I just told her that the day I hosed her boyfriend was the most important day of her life, but to me it was Tuesday. She blocked me.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

That they let him stick around just to play out the lame virtual cosplay instead of banning is amazing

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

EA Sports posted:

the effort goons used to put into sl makes me sad in retrospect just for how much of a youtube/streaming sensation they could have been today.

like everymonth they did some coordinated thing like this

really makes me wish i recorded video when i played it.

welp I recognize half the people in this photo so now I gotta see if I can dig any up from that time

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
DanielfromSL is pretty amazing. I really like some of his more crazy gmod stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ZrKehQ_xc

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upArbS2q6cc

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Once, I found a guy idling alone in one of the beds, so I hopped in next to him, made him the bottom and took a screenshot and sent it to him. Next time I signed on his internet girlfriend had sent a ton of threatening messages to me. I just told her that the day I hosed her boyfriend was the most important day of her life, but to me it was Tuesday. She blocked me.

loving lmao

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Linden released a sequel to second life about a year ago but it's not as good as its many many competitors that exist now (like VRchat) so it's kinda dead in the water

Also despite a modernized new version existing a lot of the 10-15 year SL diehards won't switch because they'd lose all their poo poo

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Seeing Dreams for the PS4 reminded me this was a thing, just with more dicks. Good times.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
some prime coby content in this article:
http://parktownprogress.blogspot.com/2016/06/memories-of-coby.html

it includes my favorite, the tiger act!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnjYyRwHGjo :bravo:

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Necros posted:

vrchat is the place to be an anime girl now grandpa

And YouTube.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I went to a Trump dance club on the 2016 election night using a twerking Goku avatar wearing a MAGA hat and I kept standing close to other avatars so I was grinding on them and they got so mad. It was fun until I realized he was actually gonna win. It was a much more innocent time.

One guy got really frustrated though and said something along the lines of "I thought you people were more mature than this but Goku proves you're all just as bad as the left" and he logged out. That was a powerful moment.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ad by Khad posted:

Linden released a sequel to second life about a year ago but it's not as good as its many many competitors that exist now (like VRchat) so it's kinda dead in the water

Also despite a modernized new version existing a lot of the 10-15 year SL diehards won't switch because they'd lose all their poo poo

This doesn't describe everyone still playing it?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Shredder posted:

Seeing Dreams for the PS4 reminded me this was a thing, just with more dicks. Good times.

They have promised multiplayer Dreams eventually, but i can only imagine how incredible a persistent online world would have been using the Dreams engine

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Don't die thread! I ignored second life first go around, but watching Daniel videos I want to know more!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
second life isnt fun to mess around in anymore. everyone's on private islands instead of the main continent and you get banned as soon as you do anything weird. vrchat is where you go to shitpost with a weird avatar now

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

SL for the past 6-8 years has been 95% top40 dance parties and intellectual discussions about bdsm, I'd never heard so much Lorde in my life

It has plenty of weird old people but they aren't really weird enough to be interesting to some kind of safari like the old days

SL at this moment in the year 2020 has 44 thousand players online, which is far better than it has any right to be but there you go

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

second life isnt fun to mess around in anymore. everyone's on private islands instead of the main continent and you get banned as soon as you do anything weird. vrchat is where you go to shitpost with a weird avatar now

I feel like shitposting while wearing VR goggles is the biggest self own ever. Its like going to a baseball game and heckling the pitcher while wearing one of those button up dragonball tshirts.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ghats a pretty alpha move, though

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

(Heavy South Boston Accent)

NOOOMAAAHHHH I PAID $70 FOR THIS FUCKIN' GOKU SHIRT, TAKE OFF YA COAT YER INSIDE!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you have a lot of personal investment i the guy with the goku shirt are you okay

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

just to be clear here, vrchat does not require goggles or any kind of VR equipment whatsoever

neither does SL, neither does the new SL

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Oh I already made a VRchat account. Like moments after Robo Reagan suggested it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel like there ought to be some documentary about big Second Life people and how crazy and weird they are

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
welp.. im convinced

im going to start living a virtua; life

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

precision posted:

I feel like there ought to be some documentary about big Second Life people and how crazy and weird they are

I saw one once and I remember a lady who made a bunch of real life money selling clothes for avatars but had her designs stolen by someone else on SL and a lady who fell in love with a guy on SL and had a husband and I think a young child and was trying to talk the husband to financially supporting her while she went to go gently caress the other guy and the husband was a such a doormat he went along with it. r/legal and r/relationships before reddit existed basically.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there somewhere I can buy that “What’s Kickin” pregnancy shirt

crystal Ghost
Sep 5, 2019
tell me more of the technicals about his second life account

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

What’s up everybody, I think dogs should VOTE!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Metaline posted:

What’s up everybody, I think dogs should VOTE!

I think we should teach dogs to play VRchat. Then, one day, we can live in a golden future where, if you see a dog running around in a multiplayer game, you can be sure it's being played by a real dog.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

get with the times, goons

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ad by Khad posted:

get with the times, goons

Gonna /pet that dog in 3D.

lolman
Jan 7, 2023

a real newbie
It's a very good game to troll

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
Someone alert the Boy Mayor of Second Life

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I still get emails about people buying my "things" in second life even though I haven't touched it in years.
I wonder if you can still convert the in-game currency to real money...

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
omg this necrobump is how I found out Rutibex got perma'd for the most idiotically hilarious reason.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

A history of problematic posters in this thread ..

Also spooky that it was right before COVID went ape poo poo. Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Secondlife Safari was literally the only frontpage article that I read at the time it came out.