Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Pro-Wrestling Champion for May, 2022?
This poll is closed.
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP World Heavyweight Champion) 4 4.26%
:horse: Hangman Adam Page (FORMER AEW Champion) 40 42.55%
CM Punk (AEW Champion) 24 25.53%
:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) 2 2.13%
:krakken: Shoko Nakajima (Princess of Princess Champion) 3 3.19%
:skeltal: Thunder Rosa (AEW Women's Champion) 2 2.13%
:black101: Arisa Nakajima (Beyond the SEA Champion) 2 2.13%
:greenangel: Syuri (World of Stardom Champion) 5 5.32%
:troll: Charlotte Flair (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:hayter: Ronda Rousey (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:radcat: Tasha Steelz (Impact Knockouts Champion) 0 0%
Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:baby: El Lindaman (G-REX Champion) 12 12.77%
:redflag: KAI (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
:supaburn: Tetsuya Endo (KO-D Openweight Champion) 0 0%
:choco: (None of the Above) 0 0%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In May, it was the opposite result to their excellent title match at Double or Nothing, as Hangman Adam Page won where it REALLY matters: some random internet website's subforum's subforum's monthly championship poll! With 42% of the poll, former AEW World Heavyweight Champion Hangman Adam Page defeated CM Punk, who was making a once-thought impossible return to the monthly poll but couldn't add to an impressive win total second only to last month's winner Kazuchika Okada (who fell to 4 votes only this month). Meanwhile, newcomer to the poll El Lindaman managed an impressive debut with 12 votes for a 3rd place finish, his impressive performance at New Japan's Best of the Super Juniors hopefully encouraging more people to watch him in GLEAT where he is the G-REX Champion. But for May, it was Hangman Adam Page who was triumphant, marking 3 out of the 5 months this year as The Great Jase Space's Champion of the Month. Next month it will be somebody different, but for now let's give a Big Yeehaw for Cowboy poo poo winning the day(month) once more.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Well, I'm happy Lindaman at least gets on the poll again in the future.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

In terms of career accolades I actually think winning this here poll on the greatest wrestling forum on gods green earth is a pretty good accomplishment. There’s a spectrum, on one end you got the wwe hall of fame and on the other you have the Meltzers, we’re dead in the middle. IMO

Just don’t look at the times we voted for bad wrestlers.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

But I mean seriously guys, what the hell happened in 2010?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sandman McMahon posted:

TNA was TNA
NJPW was still at the tail end of Inokism
ROH was Gabe at his most self indulgent and refused to pull the trigger on Tyler Black for far too long
NOAH wasn't watched as its rep was still down post-Misawa and Kobashi
And no one was watching CMLL or AAA still

Retrospectively it's agreed that if we were watching properly then that Suguira in NOAH would've dominated that year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

AEW didn't exist, NJPW hadn't really cracked the markets outside of Japan (and were still in a recovery phase after Inokism), lucha hadn't really penetrated into WH2k/PSP/TGJS, NOAH was in the doldrums, AJPW might as well have not existed and it was peak Cena-fatigue.

Throw in some guys that really deserved world titles getting a proper run (Christian and Jericho) and some new faces that seemed fresh getting show-cased in a super-stale environment (Swagger, Sheamus).

That said, the latter half of 2010 is definitely big-time oof territory.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 6, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

AEW didn't exist, NJPW hadn't really cracked the markets outside of Japan (and were still in a recovery phase after Inokism), lucha hadn't really penetrated into WH2k/PSP/TGJS, NOAH was in the doldrums, AJPW might as well have not existed and it was peak Cena-fatigue.

Throw in some guys that really deserved world titles getting a proper run (Christian and Jericho) and some new faces that seemed fresh getting show-cased in a super-stale environment (Swagger, Sheamus).

That said, the latter half of 2010 is definitely big-time oof territory.

Multiple months of Jake Hager praise at the beginning too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Champ Thread for June is now up and taking votes for 4 days.