Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GeneX posted:

this thread is getting really bad really quickly
"is getting" :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
if only the mods hadn't divided up posters with no regards to our preferred poo poo posting, i wouldnt be forced to radicalize

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

your friend a dog posted:

if only the mods hadn't divided up posters with no regards to our preferred poo poo posting, i wouldnt be forced to radicalize

One day, the trolls shall have our own nation. Our day will come

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death to gbs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The mods can oppress us and ban us, but we are the future. Your time is running out

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Hey guys did I mention how bad this thread is?? Pffffshawwww.

I've got the scoop on the real good discourse on this topic pls pm me oh wait cant well gently caress

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Yes, they did, just like the current Muslim nations displaced the original Jews. Did you know that the Jews build Jerusalem, and that the Palestinians really have no right to it?

but the jews also migrated to the levant

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

israel owns, and I would boycott palestinian goods if they actually made something

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHISHKABOB posted:

but the jews also migrated to the levant

if the original owners come back they can have it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Secular Humanist posted:

Hey guys did I mention how bad this thread is?? Pffffshawwww.

I've got the scoop on the real good discourse on this topic pls pm me oh wait cant well gently caress

close it and do your bit for the middle east peace process

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
why do europeans hate jews so much anyway

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

if the original owners come back they can have it

lol they killed them

I mean not just in that case, everyone kills everybody else when they show up somepalce new

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hamas and fatah just announced a new unity government
who's ready for a fresh round of bombing in gaza under pathetic pretenses

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I think the important question regarding that is: will the extra space result in a better SodaStream?

If so I think it is an acceptable sacrifice.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

paul_soccer10 posted:

Hamas and fatah just announced a new unity government
who's ready for a fresh round of bombing in gaza under pathetic pretenses

is fatah going to be more like hamas, or the other way around?

if it is quiet in israel, it will be quiet in gaza

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Every night I pray that we will someday obtain whirled piss

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

I believe Israel has a right not only to exist but to exist specifically as a Jewish ethnostate. Ethnostates are under attack by the forces of neoliberalism and multiculturalism, but Israel must stand firm in its struggle, once again to serve as an example for other nations

I agree with your first sentence as Judaism is an inherently superior culture compared with all others so far in history. disagree with the rest though. the rest is v bad.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hakimashou posted:

if it is quiet in israel, it will be quiet in gaza

lol ok

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Like, if you don't actually know anybody who lives in gaza and you rant about israel all day I'm basically 100% certain you're trying to flaunt your virtue and signal to the world that it is abundant because white = bad and brown = victim.

Meanwhile all the gay, reform, liberal, secular, dissenting, shia Muslims of the world get tossed the gently caress under the bus by guilty white liberals who want to be woke.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHISHKABOB posted:

lol they killed them

I mean not just in that case, everyone kills everybody else when they show up somepalce new

good thing the jews are still around. when will the arab states pay restitution for crimes committed against their ancestors?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Secular Humanist posted:

Like, if you don't actually know anybody who lives in gaza and you rant about israel all day I'm basically 100% certain you're trying to flaunt your virtue and signal to the world that it is abundant because white = bad and brown = victim.

Meanwhile all the gay, reform, liberal, secular, dissenting, shia Muslims of the world get tossed the gently caress under the bus by guilty white liberals who want to be woke.

Like, basically 100% certain flaunting abundant woke virtue signal

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wtf shia lmao what the gently caress are you talking about

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be clear hamas, the mb, and Saudi are also total poo poo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Secular Humanist posted:

it doesn't really matter what any of these people think or say because there's gently caress all anyone can do about it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

They should just have an Old Testament style God-off to see who wins. Winner gets the holy land, and the loser can move to Wyoming or some other miserable place no one wants to live.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

really queer Christmas posted:

They should just have an Old Testament style God-off to see who wins. Winner gets the holy land, and the loser can move to Wyoming or some other miserable place no one wants to live.

they have the same god it's just that they both reject his son

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Alternative energy solutions need to be developed so we can stop funneling money into the mid-east, I wonder what that place would look like without billions in oil revenue.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

what, idiot?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Alternative energy solutions need to be developed so we can stop funneling money into the mid-east, I wonder what that place would look like without billions in oil revenue.

probably pretty similar to what it looked like before billions in oil revenue

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Opium and bathhouses? Sign me up

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Cultural and technological innovation that surpasses whats available in the West and East? right on sounds good.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Jews were kicked out of Israel for losing a war. It's fitting that they get it back by winning one.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Into the sea.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Cultural and technological innovation that surpasses whats available in the West and East? right on sounds good.

think more 1900 than 1200

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

think more 1900 than 1200

idk if you realize this but you kinda just owned yourself a bit there

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moridin920 posted:

idk if you realize this but you kinda just owned yourself a bit there

oh well, can't win them all

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

I remember reading somewhere that oil has allowed ME countries to build up population sizes that would be unsustainable without it, so when the oil runs out, there's gonna be a whole lotta death.

Fiddler on the Reef fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 18, 2017

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

I remember reading somewhere that oil has allowed ME countries to build up populations sizes that would be unsustainable without it, so when the oil runs out, there's gonna be a whole lotta death.

That's true for pretty much every country though

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

butterbar posted:

That's true for pretty much every country though

a quick googling tells me you're wrong. a lot of countries have a lot of food imports but they are able to be sufficient if they choose to be. others can't but would be able to buy their way out in a pickle (e.g. the U.K.). But the ME and North Africa? hosed.

they lack the cultural wherewithal to build an economy that would enable them to buy food without reliance on oil money and they live in a desert.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/may/07/half-population-food-imports-2050

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's def gonna be some mad max times over there when the rest of the world kicks oil (or at least for the most part) in like 40-60 years or so

e: tbf Saudi Arabia and I assume others are buying assets (lots of non-oil stuff too) globally like mad so odds are they'll be fine for the most part although yeah there's def gonna have to be some spending cuts and some looks at efficiency bc I doubt building indoor ski arenas is really the best use of money esp when your sewer system is half nonexistent

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 18, 2017

• Locked thread