Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

No, John. Get properly healed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Then go properly heel

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I can't even imagine what kind of super-Nazi heel character John Cena would have to be in order to make everyone boo him. If he did anything less than publicly executing Titus O'Neil on screen to fascilitate his turn, the parts of the audience that boo him and the parts that cheer him would simply trade places.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I mean; are there any heels in the WWE that people actually boo for non-X-Pac heat related reasons?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Sheamus?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nah, people just think he sucks.

Owens comes the closest but people still mark out and cheer for him when he does cool things.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
please come back in time to face the Undertaker, John

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lady Naga posted:

Nah, people just think he sucks.

Owens comes the closest but people still mark out and cheer for him when he does cool things.

The difference between Owens and the rest of the roster is that he will immediately do something for boos if people start cheering him instead of just sticking to the plan regardless of crowd reaction. It's why he should be the top heel.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

He's gonna grab Vince's arm.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Turn Cena heel by giving him a worked shoot steroids scandal, and give Roman a gamer gimmick.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Maybe he's moving to movies full time.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

He's gonna ask Nikki to marry him :swoon:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Maybe he's moving to movies full time.

I hope so.

Please leave and never come back.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bradzilla posted:

No, John. Get properly healed.
I really want that Undertaker match though

Alan_Shore posted:

I hope so.

Please leave and never come back.
John knows the only way to save the WWE is for him to leave because it would cause Vince to die of a stroke/heart attack

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the #laceup part implies what he is going to do -- dress as a woman and go to las vegas to gamble and pick up men

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Don't die John

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Mulaney Power Move posted:

the #laceup part implies what he is going to do -- dress as a woman and go to las vegas to gamble and pick up men

He'll finally marry Nikki, on one condition: he gets to be the bride!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

He'll finally marry Nikki, on one condition: he gets to be the bride!

The only way this could be the plot of an 80s comedy any harder was if Nikki and Cena switched bodies.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Well at least we know what will be the reason for the sudden shortage of HGH in the next two weeks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tonight's Raw is likely the first sellout of 2016. Ticket sales shot through the roof once they announced AJ Styles for the event apparently. He's a draw, brother.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena's come back early for so much major injuries that I'm now wondering if there's actually a major injury he can suffer. 7 months minimum is 3 to 4 months for him

If that was him getting the Muscle Buster from Joe instead of Kidd, he'd have recovered, had a surprise return, held two belts, and lost one by now

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Tonight's Raw is likely the first sellout of 2016. Ticket sales shot through the roof once they announced AJ StylesRoman Reigns for the event apparently. He's a draw, brother.

ftfy

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
THE LACES WERE UP

THEY WERE UP

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

The NYP didn't report that

That just gives it more credibility.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Chris James 2 posted:

Cena's come back early for so much major injuries that I'm now wondering if there's actually a major injury he can suffer. 7 months minimum is 3 to 4 months for him

Surely in most cases they exaggerate the amount of time a performer might be out of work just in case anything goes wrong or to allow for surprise early
returns.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Titus is fired and makes a shoot video called Titus Fo Real.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So which criminally underused people on the roster do you think would have a serious shot breaking out if they were fired and went to a different promotion?

edit: Other than Cesaro.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

flatluigi posted:

So which criminally underused people on the roster do you think would have a serious shot breaking out if they were fired and went to a different promotion?

I could see Barrett being a pretty big get for another promotion. Dude's talented and could go far if they gave him a chance.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

I could see Barrett being a pretty big get for another promotion. Dude's talented and could go far if they gave him a chance.

He'd still be made of glass though

Gaz2k21 posted:

Surely in most cases they exaggerate the amount of time a performer might be out of work just in case anything goes wrong or to allow for surprise early
returns.

Nah, major torn pectorals are almost always minimum 6 months for athletes (depending on the sport you can mayyyyyyybe pull it off in 5).

He came back in barely 4

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
NJPW said they wanted Cesaro and Ziggler, right?

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

A friend and I did a remix of Brock's theme. Check it out ya'll.....you know if you want to and stuff.

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news/brock-lesnar-gets-a-remix-listen-to-here-comes-the-pain-now-20160215

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Angular Landbury posted:

NJPW said they wanted Cesaro and Ziggler, right?

as much as I hate his stupid face, ziggler would fit right in.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

weeeeeeeeeeell

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
John Cena will come back and turn heel joining the Authority. The reasoning is that he knows he's past his prime with his injuries, and he sees a new young big dog in Roman Reigns taking his place. He'll also talk about how he doesn't need wrestling anymore due to his Hollywood success. Why, they might even call him 'Hollywood' Cena

Well more likely he's talking about something that has nothing to do with wrestling because holy poo poo he should not come back from that injury this fast. RIP John Cena

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

weeeeeeeeeeell

yassssss

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Abroham Lincoln posted:

weeeeeeeeeeell

This is going to own, b/c big show owns

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Spend the whole hour talking about bringing the Titantron down

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
40 minutes of Destiny and vape talk.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

40 minutes of Destiny and vape talk.

I already get enough of this daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

flatluigi posted:

LU could probably do something very good with the Matadores, given that they're at least mid-level talents with a famous family

though maybe the story that they were getting repackaged was true

• Locked thread