Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Daniel Bryan has sex with Brie Bella so he hadda be doin somethin right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bryan was cool and I'm gonna miss him.

My other favorite part of the show was when the Dudleys got cheered for turning on the Usos.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Now someone make one out of With Arms Wide Open.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna know what Vince said I wanna know what Titus said.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RacistGuidingLight posted:

When I say US y'all say O

US!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Now someone make one out of With Arms Wide Open.

With lots of these

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think when they put Bryan in the Hall they'll want him to be the 'big' name of the class, so I bet it happens next year. It's weird to think about a guy with a WWE career as short as Bryan's being a Hall of Famer, especially since he wasn't really a main eventer until near the end, but at the same time I don't see how they can not do it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

If you know anything about Dave Meltzer, you know how much he adores Flair. This means a lot coming from him.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

He had an entire wrestlemania built around him, they basically have to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you know anything about Dave Meltzer, you know how much he adores Flair. This means a lot coming from him.

Yeah, I don't think any retirement segment will top this

(For anybody who says "Cena", there will either be a lot more jokes or no speech because he'll never admit he's retired)

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
But...should he qualify for the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame?

:colbert:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I've seen a few Daniel Bryan matches live. One was a tag match at Extreme Rules 2013, not great but he was the best part of it. Before that was Royal Rumble 2012 when he beat Show and Henry in the steel cage. That match made my wife into a fan of his for life.

The matches when he was in ROH were my favorite. The first I saw was in Chicago; he wrestled with Austin Aries (Team Work) against Nigel McGuinness and Claudio Castognoli (Cesaro).

I saw him wrestle a couple of times in St Louis. The first time he was there I was in the front row and got to pat him on the back when he was tossed outside.

The best match of his I saw, maybe the best match I saw ever live, was against Nigel for the title in Chicago--it was a ppv, I want say Man Up 2? Anyway, that was amazing.

He's my favorite. I hope he heals up proper.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Anyway, I can't wait for Daniel Bryan and Kane's Ridiculous Show of Awesomeness on the network in a couple years.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, I don't think any retirement segment will top this

(For anybody who says "Cena", there will either be a lot more jokes or no speech because he'll never admit he's retired)

Cenas retirement will just be his slow mental breakdown broadcasted live as he realizes he no longer has anything to live for

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

EugeneJ posted:

Yes

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Brock Lesnar posted:

if you read between the lines, daniel bryan might be having sex with brie bella

He got to announce that he was retiring and going to go have a lot of sex with his hot rear end wife in front of an audience of thousands live and millions on TV. Hell, I hope I get to tell people I'm having sex again some day too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WrasslorMonkey posted:

With lots of these

Ah yes, the spot that ended his career

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HerraS posted:

Cenas retirement will just be his slow mental breakdown broadcasted live as he realizes he no longer has anything to live for

It will be the end of the Suda 51 fire pro wrestling game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Joe's a classy guy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been to three WWE events,

One was the Smackdown where he conquered The Shield.

One was Mania 30.

That's pretty awesome.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

EugeneJ posted:

Hey - Bryan was tops among Reporters and Historians. His peers were the one that kept him out last year!

This is sweet.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 9, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, Bryan is one of my all time favorites and the thought of never seeing him wrestle again saddens me. He always looked like he put 110% into every match, which is probably one of the reasons he ended up as banged up as he was, and he was always one of the most enjoyable parts of the show. He was always fantastic in every role the company put him in. Him and Kane feuding with the Shield off and on for a year and just generally being a huge goofball with him were some of my favorite moments in the WWE in years. It's kind of amazing just how much he was able to accomplish in his career when you look back on it.

Thank you Daniel Bryan, you were my favorite Filthy Animal. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VvnbT1Pwo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm having more trouble coping with Daniel Bryan's death than I expected.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm having more trouble coping with Daniel Bryan's death than I expected.

he's wrestling CM Punk in hell now

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
imagine if cm punk had to retire and do a speech man jeez itd be all "i got a bubble on my butt a bloo bloob loooblbo"

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Pure emotion ruled me as Bryan abdicated...no, retired outright. Very eloquent rhetroic tonight!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I sure the gently caress would not still be watching WWE if Daniel Bryan hadn't come along.

I only got to see him wrestle live once, at a house show in 2011. He beat Brodus Clay with a drop kick. I'll take what I can get.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Just got back from my first Raw. Trip report: There was wrestling.

Shout outs to:

• The people looking at that old champions photo and remembering Zack Ryder exists just as I was watching him tape a Superstars match (and remembering he exists)
  • Lilian's Titantron where's she's just hanging out in a swimsuit at the beach for no reason
  • The kid next to me repeatedly and insistently shouting "Let's go Ziggler!" for a solid couple of minutes despite there being no chant behind him, making him sound like a particularly Dolph-centric alarm clock
  • The same kid who also patiently explained to his dad that Cena is good because he never gives up
  • The crowd for keeping a Daniel Bryan chant going the entirety of the commercial break before he came out to retire

Not shout outs to:

• Mark Henry for being a dink
  • The dad grumbling to his son that "they should just get rid of the girls"
  • The guy a couple rows behind me who kept yelling "TIDE!" during Bryan's retirement speech
  • The bus that was supposed to pick me up and instead went by 15 minutes later being pulled by a tow truck

Bonus shout out to:

• The dude who can tow a bendy bus in evening traffic

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The one and only time I got to see Bryan in person was at an ROH show in March 2009 where he wrestled Claudio and Kenny Omega.

That last segment may be the best thing I've ever seen on Raw.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

MotU posted:

imagine if cm punk had to retire and do a speech man jeez itd be all "i got a bubble on my butt a bloo bloob loooblbo"

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan got me back into wrestling in 2012 after a ten year hiatus, and they both retired in ways fitting who they are. And they married two of the most beautiful women in WWE.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

The American Dream posted:

I think that was the first time in my life that I've cried and laughed at the same moment

He really picked the perfect line to cut the sadness with a feel-good laugh. I heard it as "That's what Brie says every night." which is even better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I cry every time

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I said this on the raw thread but I remember buying a shirt off of Daniel Bryan for 20 bucks at pwg Bola 2008. He was very nice to me. He asked if I would be coming to night 2 and told me he was voting for Nader. He is one of my top wrestlers of all time. I'll miss him.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

O!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
drat. Gonna miss that crazy goat, but I'm glad he decided to accept it rather than die in the ring. :unsmith:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just got back from the show. Bryan is a few years older than I but from seeing him wrestle Tony Kozina in front of 50 people in ECCW to Wrestlemania 30 to tonight I don't think I've ever seen, in person, a career arch like this and I never will again. He was my guy and brought a crazy amount of joy and entertainment into my life. I'm proud I got to enjoy the arch the way I did. I hope he's at peace. It seemed to me he wasn't quite there yet, at least today, but that's life. Really, really relieved he can go through life healthy though. It's better this way for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hahaha, the video of Bryan's farewell speech that WWE uploaded to Youtube cuts out all the stuff about having sex with his wife. I'll have to look up the unedited segment somewhere else at some point I guess.

• Locked thread