Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I could see Sanders holding out until the California results are 'final,' but it's also possible he drops out sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Depends on the margins probably.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Slate Action posted:

I could see Sanders holding out until the California results are 'final,' but it's also possible he drops out sooner.

He's said he won't drop out and I believe he's delusional enough to keep going until the DNC. Just gotta convince a few superdelegates, there's still a chance!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

tazjin posted:

He's said he won't drop out and I believe he's delusional enough to keep going until the DNC. Just gotta convince a few superdelegates, there's still a chance!

That's also a possibility, but Ted Cruz also swore up and down he would fight to the convention, and then he didn't.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Bernie needs a California win for fundraising. He's probably pretty close to out of money at this point.

If he gets the win and fundraises off of it, I can see him going forward. If he loses, I think he's probably done.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
When can I watch the Young Turks melt down?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Slate Action posted:

I will be quite shocked if he drops out before the convention. I hope he does.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh also there's all that poo poo he said about "reassessing" if the 6/7 primaries go poorly.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Xandu posted:

When can I watch the Young Turks melt down?

Oh man it's going to be hilarious. Cenk might slip in an Armenian Genocide acknowledgment during his meltdown.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/740295929706713088

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Based on this, I can definitely see him eking out a small win.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes and the media will report all that that portends, even though it's meaningless in proportional allocation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Someone tell me if it's better to vote for Bernie or Hillary!!!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Lemming posted:

Vote for whoever you want. It doesn't matter anyway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lemming posted:

Vote Hillary, be a winner

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Vote for whoever you want. It doesn't matter anyway.

I want to support Bernie's push from the left (I recognize they're largely similar but a lot of his push is more about values and feelings and hippie nonsense like that which I think is valuable) but I want Hillary to be able to focus on punching Republicans in the dick as soon as possible and I was initially confident Bernie would be more gracious about this but he's acting more like a butthole about how he hasn't lost when he clearly has, I dunno how much of this is optics or reality though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemming posted:

I want to support Bernie's push from the left (I recognize they're largely similar but a lot of his push is more about values and feelings and hippie nonsense like that which I think is valuable) but I want Hillary to be able to focus on punching Republicans in the dick as soon as possible and I was initially confident Bernie would be more gracious about this but he's acting more like a butthole about how he hasn't lost when he clearly has, I dunno how much of this is optics or reality though

Luckily your single vote is going to bear on none of those things.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Slate Action posted:

More like an interesting week since they'll keep accepting mail-in ballots until June 10.

e: from the California SOS website: "Mailed ballots: Must be postmarked on or before June 7, 2016, and received by your county elections office no later than June 10, 2016."

http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/upcoming-elections/june-7-2016-presidential-primary-election/

Great, r/s4p is going to obsess over this for days.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Xandu posted:

Based on this, I can definitely see him eking out a small win.

Haha goddammit this poo poo is never going to end

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Luckily your single vote is going to bear on none of those things.

Yeah but I can pretend

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Got to vote for Bernie today, feels good

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hillary vs Trump would be way more fun to see than Bernie vs Trump so I say go for the skinsuit wearer instead of the anarchist commie creeper

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Me and a bunch of other super delegates kept telling bernie if he gets close enough we will all swap. That sucker.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
I hope Hilary gives Bernie a wedgie and calls him a nerd.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Third World Reggin posted:

Me and a bunch of other super delegates kept telling bernie if he gets close enough we will all swap. That sucker.

tell him you'll swap if he buys me a playstation vr

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/740315326521311238

doop de doop

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

On the other end, Missoula Montana has 71% turnout and I can tell you right now they are all feeling the bern.

In both ways. The STD/STI rate at UM is close to 30% :v:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
a good Bernie county (Only 8% Hispanic and 2% black)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

a good Bernie county (Only 8% Hispanic and 2% black)

Yeah I also thought that was funny.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

On the other end, Missoula Montana has 71% turnout and I can tell you right now they are all feeling the bern.

In both ways. The STD/STI rate at UM is close to 30% :v:

Lol people living in Montana

Next you'll tell me that people actually reside, for real and full time, in North Dakota. Gitouttaheeeeeere

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

Lol people living in Montana

Next you'll tell me that people actually reside, for real and full time, in North Dakota. Gitouttaheeeeeere

all the people are in the same area. [200 miles or so]. The rest is nothing but meth and mental illness.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
are there any streams for tonight, or just the usual re-streams? i don't have cable and pbs isn't doing live coverage...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

are there any streams for tonight, or just the usual re-streams? i don't have cable and pbs isn't doing live coverage...

http://www.stream2watch.co/live-now/live-tv/us/cnn-live-stream

This is what I use, the site has every station but sadly CNN is the only one I can get to work for me reliably

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Winner is Jew posted:

DC is almost 50% black so :laffo:

Hillary really is shameless in her election rigging and vote tampering. Too bad the media is in the tank for Clinton and won't tell the truth about how Bernie would win D.C. by 30 points if not for the rigging.

tazjin posted:

He's only saying that because no one comes out to vote for you if your message is "I've lost, but I'd really like to pad my score so that I have the best possible position to make deals on the party platform and direction in the future. Please come out and incrementally help me make changes that you won't see or understand!"

8 years ago Hillary also swore to fight until the end, then dropped out a few days later.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Third World Reggin posted:

Lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Carville just now saying he thinks Trump might not be the nominee lmao

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Please add the well-loved Guardian paint animations of vote tallies to the OP. Victories are so satisfying when you see little munchkins zipping in and out on scissor lifts.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/jun/07/live-primary-results-new-jersey-california

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Please add the well-loved Guardian paint animations of vote tallies to the OP. Victories are so satisfying when you see little munchkins zipping in and out on scissor lifts.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/jun/07/live-primary-results-new-jersey-california

Bernie people coming out against those figures is what convinced me to swap to Hillary, whose coalition of grandmas think they're so cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

tbh I'm kinda okay with Bernie embarrassing himself by staying in and watching his favorability numbers plummet before getting piledriven first ballot.

• Locked thread