Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feller
Jul 5, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

Friend did you not get the obvious joke?

Forget it friend, that's mumpy puffins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
if my rats werent pets they would never have gotten a 2nd birthday cake, so I'm definitely doing them a favor

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Bismuth posted:

if my rats werent pets they would never have gotten a 2nd birthday cake, so I'm definitely doing them a favor

rats are awesome

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

rats are awesome

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My cat is not a slave, she's sleeping in my favourite chair and i'm sitting in my second favourite chair because i don't wanna move her.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

your rats are awesome

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So my first cat was for me because I wanted a cat.

My second cat was for my ex because she wanted a cat too. Only she had to have a female cat and wouldn't you know it they are gigantic bitches who hate everything just about and so that lead to

My third cat which my ex literally kidnapped out of the woods away from its family. Then she left me

I kept the cats because I love cats. Fight me.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The cats who showed up are free to leave. I pointed to the door for them and told them they could walk out anytime.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
They get treated better than my kid. They bring me more joy than my kid.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
We're all gonna die anyways, who cares if I coexist with another species?? I provide shelter and food and they provide softness..

And obviously I don't give a gently caress about reptiles and poo poo. I'll enslave any hermit crab I want to

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

We're all gonna die anyways, who cares if I coexist with another species?? I provide shelter and food and they provide softness..

And obviously I don't give a gently caress about reptiles and poo poo. I'll enslave any hermit crab I want to

what the gently caress would do with a hermit crab slave?

I don't even have a joke. I really want to know

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

cool shells

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my dog would definitely die without me

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Well idk in real life you could like throw it at somebody.

Woden
May 6, 2006

SnowblindFatal posted:

How do you rationalise having pets?

Because human slavery is illegal.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

fair enough

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VikingSkull posted:

slavery would imply they labored

my cats just eat and poo poo

it's clearly kidnapping at best

ya i was thinkin about this earlier and came to this conclusion

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My dog follows me around like a shadow, if this is really kidnapping then there's some serious Stockholm syndrome going on!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

r u ready to WALK posted:

My dog follows me around like a shadow, if this is really kidnapping then there's some serious Stockholm syndrome going on!

your dog rules

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's obviously animal slavery.

If my dog doesn't spend at least five minutes a day in the petting fields, she gets a sound petting to pet some sense into her.

Zev
Apr 3, 2009

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

because I found the scarred, bleeding starving doggie on the side of the road and now he lives in my yard while playing with the other neighborhood dogs while I provide him with food water and belly rubs

Like an outdoor cat except he doesn't murder wildlife and get run over on the highway

You are also a good person.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I'm pretty sure my cat is leading his ideal life. His needs are constantly met, he's spoiled, and he doesn't have to do poo poo, which is good because 99% of his interests are chilling and napping and snacks.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
My mom has two aussies and im utterly sure she is their slave not the reverse. Aussies have this thing: you keep them utterly satisfied and content at all times or they destroy your house and everything you love.

One time during ww2 two aussies became discontent. One was in nagasaki and the other in hiroshima.

One time I was on the phone with my mom and I asked her if she'd been walking the dogs every day so as to avoid a similar catastrophe and she said yeh but then accidentally said the word "walk" in her reply instead of spelling it out. There was this immediate clamor from the other end of the line and then it went dead. Food for thought.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Let's just say that Buffy was a dog and my depravity knew no bounds.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

You are all clearly missing the best animal: Birds.

My bird runs up my arm and slams her face into my cheek while making a kiss noise, then tells me she loves me. Can you say the same of your animals? :colbert:

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
this, op:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Jehovah's Witnesses are afraid of my dog so I don't think I need to make any excuses.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I have pets because my wife and kids want them

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

rats are awesome

Rats are indeed loving awesome.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I have pets because my wife and kids want them
whats his name :smug:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

bill

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

This is basically Drew, but reverse the black and white and also double the size :allears:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more scratchies or it's the lash again! yaaarrrr!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

behold, the domestic feline slave, in a state of stress and terror

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I let my cats go outside. I bet they're much happier than cats who are forced to endure a lifetime of cruel and unnatural imprisonment by their "loving" owners.

Also I think birds and rodents are pest taxons which deserve swift and total annihilation.

The_end
May 17, 2014

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's obviously animal slavery.

I cant own a person.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
because how else am i gonna be smothered in bitches

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

kitty kitty kitty oh so pretty

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

How do you rationalize adopting kids op? They're basically slaves.

I don't have kids nor will I have any. NOT because of any involuntary celibacy or anything! I get good puss on the reg, sometimes two at a time.

The_end posted:

I cant own a person.

Honestly this seems to be the reason. Then again, most parents seem to regard their kids as pets so the want to completely control some being is probably some basic human emotion.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The weak troll/"hard truths" GBS thread is still the shittiest kind of GBS thread.

Pet owner spotted.

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Im really really drunk off my rear end on some burbon I bought at 8am and my cat is sleeping under my armpit. Is shorthaired maine coon a breed? That's what my squeaky cat is. She has the ear tufts, paw tufts, and M on the forehead. But only 1, maybe 2 layers of fur, not the 3 my other Maine coon has but she likes rain Definitely has paw tufts though for that snow. Most loyal cat ever she always finds me when I get home from work and is under foot until i lay down.

A picture would be here but the flash on my camera doesnt work anymore. Sold it for booze money.

• Locked thread