Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
lots of deer and antelope where I'm at so I always have a car in front of me to take the brunt of the damage when hitting deer. People think i'm tail gating even though i'm driving 10 seconds behind them. So they drive slower and slower to have me pass them. Which I don't. I keep at it till they give up and go fast again or pull over into the shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sjs00 posted:

That's actually a really good idea I will try that on Monday.
How does it work on a two lane road?

You just go around on one side instead of both.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
just lol if you are a retard and don't drive to keep up with traffic, crazy people carry guns in their car you know

plus if someone is tailgating you in the left lane and it isn't a cop it's like, score, license to rip n tear

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you are in the left lane and someone is tailgating you you are not driving fast enough

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Wasn't there some goon in the mid 00's who posted about how he ran some woman off the road and almost killed her by brake checking her hard and he insisted that this was the normal because it's how his dad taught him?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I keep a claw hammer in my glove compartment for guys just like you OP. When somebody brake checks me I almost hope we crash so that I can get all close and personal with them, the sweet sweet thrill of taking a human life is the only way I can achieve sexual release anymore.

*Note to any cops reading this, I am joking about keeping a claw hammer in my car. The bit about not being able to reach climax without killing somebody is true, although as fellow police officers I'm sure you'll sympathise, half they guys in my precinct have this issue.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Junk posted:

Wasn't there some goon in the mid 00's who posted about how he ran some woman off the road and almost killed her by brake checking her hard and he insisted that this was the normal because it's how his dad taught him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSE3fkeHAmo&t=28s

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

weirdly chilly pussy posted:

It's up there with tipping and circumcision.

Aren't those synonyms?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Blue Train posted:

If you are in the left lane and someone is tailgating you you are not driving fast enough

nah if I'm going 10mph faster than the lane to the right and there's no room to get over im going plenty fast enough thanks, you can wait til im done passing

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

This one time I stood on the left side of the escalator and people were giving me dirty looks. So I started walking up and then abruptly stopped and everyone behind me crashed into the person in front and fell lmbo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Unless there was a train to your right i'm sure you could have gotten over for the 2 seconds it'd take the dude to pass op even if that meant going with marginally slower traffic for those 2 seconds.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

qkkl posted:

What I like to do is if I spot an attractive female driving in a middle lane then I approach from the left and when I'm right next to her I keep pace while looking at her until she notices me. Then I smile as I slowly press the accelerator and overtake her and go into her lane right in front of her. Then after spending a few moments right in front of her I change to the right lane and slow down until I'm right next to her again, and look at her until she notices me again. Then I smile as I slow down and go into her lane right behind her, and tailgate her for a bit. I then repeat this process but starting from the right side. This method makes the female feel that I am marking her as my territory which instinctively causes her to be attracted to me.

and that's when i fell for ♫ the leader of the pack ♫ *brrm brrrm brrrm*

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
haha that driver almost rear ended you and that woulda been PRETTY PAINFUL!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

Unless there was a train to your right i'm sure you could have gotten over for the 2 seconds it'd take the dude to pass op even if that meant going with marginally slower traffic for those 2 seconds.

???

if there is no space for your car?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

arbitrary c are you the kinda guy who likes to merge into a 2 car length gap with your 1 car length car?

Jay-Zeus
Jan 5, 2004
I don't believe it!
Fun Shoe
Going for a late night drive; I will conduct myself in a courteous and respectful manner throughout the entire trip!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

oilslick pickup is so op in this game

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

nomadologique posted:

???

if there is no space for your car?

Usually there's not wall to wall traffic in the right lane when it's open enough in the left lane to speed. Maybe I'm just assuming someone petty enough to breakcheck is also probably the kind of person who's 5 car lengths behind some dude on the right but going "hey man I'm going to pass them eventually"

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Don't defend tailgaters. Brake checking is stupid but tailgaters are just as reckless. In woodsy areas like Tenn you never know when you'll have to slam on the brakes. If you're on someone's rear end, then you're dangerous. You got to stop suddenly for animals crossing the road, debris falling out of the back of pickup trucks, people jaywalking, homeless trying to kill themselves. You're never in the right to be that close to the back of another car.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I don't think anyone is defending or encouraging tailgaters

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

good, they had it coming

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

good, they had it coming

h*ck yeah!!!!

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
if you're in the far left lane and you can't get over with someone behind you you should speed up

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Code Jockey posted:

good, they had it coming

gotta admit it makes me :lol: I hope they weren't hurt tho

the best part is the guy who was being tailgated immediately gets into the right lane when it's over

I don't understand why the tailgater didn't just go around in the right lane :confused:

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 18, 2016

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

GORDON posted:

He probably dropped way back because the child bleeding to death in the back seat got slammed to the floor and started screaming, then died.

Nice. Real nice.

good, that'll teach him to try to play ambulance

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

glowstick party tonight posted:

I don't understand why the tailgater didn't just go around in the right lane :confused:
Prolly for the same reason the guy in front didn't just get to the right in the first place when he had plenty of space, they both felt entitled to be where they were. The kind of person who tailgates isn't gonna pass on the right when they have an opportunity, they want you to acknowledge you shouldn't be in the left lane and move over. It's super petty and counterproductive, but so is brakechecking.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

if you're in the far left lane and you can't get over with someone behind you you should speed up

this

anyway seeing as there are lovely drivers in this thread, what's the deal with stopping like 10 feet behind the white line at a stop light

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

Prolly for the same reason the guy in front didn't just get to the right in the first place when he had plenty of space, they both felt entitled to be where they were. The kind of person who tailgates isn't gonna pass on the right when they have an opportunity, they want you to acknowledge you shouldn't be in the left lane and move over. It's super petty and counterproductive, but so is brakechecking.

the person who brakechecked was entitled though, as far as I could tell they weren't breaking the law

Blue Train posted:

anyway seeing as there are lovely drivers in this thread, what's the deal with stopping like 10 feet behind the white line at a stop light

In case some retard plows into you you have a little lee way to not be pushed right into the intersection and oncoming traffic

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

the person who brakechecked was entitled though, as far as I could tell they weren't breaking the law
The law is keep right except to pass and driving slow in the left lane causes more accidents than speeding does, I dunno about everywhere but in WA police have been actively cracking down on it. The guy in front had space to move over and was legally obligated to, brakechecking is also illegal. The guy behind him tailgated which is also illegal, sometimes everyone can be in the wrong.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

ArbitraryC posted:

The law is keep right except to pass and driving slow in the left lane causes more accidents than speeding does, I dunno about everywhere but in WA police have been actively cracking down on it.

Yes it is state by state.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dude used his signal to get back in the right lane, checks out ok.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Blue Train posted:

this

what'st he deal w stopping 10 feet over it?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

nomadologique posted:

what'st he deal w stopping 10 feet over it?
I'm the minivan in the middle of the crosswalk

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i been wondering do ppl not see the line? they think it's a suggestion? just don't gaf? think that extra 10 feet gonna get them to work 10 min earlier? have trouble estimating where their car actually is?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Yes it is state by state.

At the end of the day as a bystander I just gotta say the active decision to potentially cause an accident was worse than simply moving over even if it meant rewarding the aggressive driver's behavior, it wasn't that dude's job to play road police even if the results were admittedly kind of satisfying.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

The law is keep right except to pass and driving slow in the left lane causes more accidents than speeding does, I dunno about everywhere but in WA police have been actively cracking down on it. The guy in front had space to move over and was legally obligated to, brakechecking is also illegal. The guy behind him tailgated which is also illegal, sometimes everyone can be in the wrong.

i didn't have space to move over, otherwise i would have, did you even read the first post?!

god loving dammit i'm gonna tailgate you until you pull over then shoot you with a hunting crossbow :argh:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was just was tailgated on a two lane highway in whiteout conditions. By two different drivers in trucks. I have one as well, but don't drive like a moron in heavy snow and wind. I was driving 40-45 depending on the hills/curves. Sadly, I was unable/unwilling to break check them.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

nomadologique posted:

i been wondering do ppl not see the line? they think it's a suggestion? just don't gaf? think that extra 10 feet gonna get them to work 10 min earlier? have trouble estimating where their car actually is?

I always assumed they were trying to beat the light and didn't follow through

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Tailgating in the left lane is quaint. Here in the great city of Los Angeles, you have drivers who watched The Fast and Furious too many times slalom around cars and tailgate you in any drat lane they choose when they don't approve of their rate of forward progress. They are looking for "El Dorado" - the mythical lane of gold where they can go as fast as they want in rush hour and there are no other cars to slow them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
"Brake checking" is one of those activities where even if you win, you lose.

• Locked thread