Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

He says to me, "you know there's Italian restaurants all over the world, right?" "So tell me, ever been to an Irish restaurant outside or Ireland?"

Yes? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Irish girls are for loving in a drunken haze.
Italian girls are for marriage.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Flyball posted:

'I'm Irish/Cherokee. That's why I can't control my anger.'
i had a friend from oklahoma who was told that her family is part Irish, part Native American, but it turns out that was a lie. she's Irish and Norwegian, so her lineage probably goes back to when the Normans started 750+ years of English domination of Ireland

tiocfaidh ár lá, bitches

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ummmm McDonalds? :shrug:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

this is the fakest, shittiest, most brotastic WOOOOOOO idiot holiday ever invented

i have never seen dumber drunk assholes in my life than on st patricks day

combine that with fake "irish" pride...ugh

gently caress this lovely holiday that i almost got stabbed on

Its the one day a year protestants can get drunk and like the Irish.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Ummmm McDonalds? :shrug:

Yeah and a ton of people have heard of McDonald's.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The only thing worse than a crowd is a drunk crowd

I also wonder how many landfills per year is required for all that cheap plastic green crap.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

He says to me, "you know there's Italian restaurants all over the world, right?" "So tell me, ever been to an Irish restaurant outside or Ireland?"

It's called a pub.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Have you ever been to an Irish Pub outside of Ireland?

Alpha Man
Jun 23, 2010
I gave an Irish family a wholemeal apple cake that I knew was rotten, they died of diarrhea and that's how the great cake famine started

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

So I run into a buddy (he's Italian) from high-school that married an Irish girl. Childhood sweethearts from grade school through college. He tells me they divorced after 2 yr of marriage. Says that the girl never cooked & didn't care to learn the dishes that he enjoys. No problem drinking him under the table though. Coming from a big, Italian family whose culture is famous for creating a world class cuisine, he realized how important that was.

Irish girls are for loving in a drunken haze.
Italian girls are for marriage.

Irish girls are for telling you to cook your own goddamn food if you wanna eat poo poo from your childhood that tastes just like mamma used to make.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mčre
College Slice

KentuckyFriedNero posted:

Irish girls are for telling you to cook your own goddamn food if you wanna eat poo poo from your childhood that tastes just like mamma used to make.

:allears: will they river dance on my balls too?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Have you ever been to an Irish Pub outside of Ireland?

no. have you?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

myDad posted:

:allears: will they river dance on my balls too?

I love Micheal Flatley

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

get that OUT of my face posted:

i had a friend from oklahoma who was told that her family is part Irish, part Native American, but it turns out that was a lie. she's Irish and Norwegian, so her lineage probably goes back to when the Normans started 750+ years of English domination of Ireland

tiocfaidh ár lá, bitches

I'm Norwegian and I have relatives in the US. Some of them have been documenting their family history and of course there's the daughter of some Cherokee plantation owner in Virginia or something in there and of course like half the family history is devoted to that. Since apparently every single white person in the US is a proud Cherokee, I'm sceptical of my relatives' claim.

When my mom and uncle were kids they were going around telling people their great uncle had married a chief's daughter. I read somewhere that when you make up a story of Cherokee ancestry, it's often not just any Cherokee, but royalty!

Grevling fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 19, 2018

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If we're going by stereotypes I'd rather marry an Irish woman vs Italian tbh.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Cherokee had just like, a LOT of sex

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

COMRADES posted:

If we're going by stereotypes I'd rather marry an Irish woman vs Italian tbh.

You dont like lusty big titted olive skinned broads and mustaches?

The Letter A
Nov 8, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I love Micheal Flatley
Flatly, my dear? I don't Riverdance.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
you get a holiday for st patricks day?

the irish lobby is strong in America. Something needs to be done about Irish migrants.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I stopped drinking before this st Patrick’s but honestly I never really went out to drink on it much because even during my drunkard years I worked every single one of them from 18 on and I’m not sure I missed anything since “blackout drunk all day with tons of people” is not a thing I was unused to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Waterloo Ontario is home to two universities and one college. Even year students decent upon Ezra Ave for a complete drunken party. This year we got about 22,000 people squeezed into one city block. EMS started getting calls every 5 or 6 minutes starting at 10am for alcohol related injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjTGkPwp0qk

• Locked thread