Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the tag titles?
This poll is closed.
Dark Order 13 7.43%
Private Party 30 17.14%
Lucha Bros 99 56.57%
SCU 33 18.86%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

i wonder how wwe would book darby allin.

actually i don't. we all know.

easy, they wo-

boxcarhobo posted:

they wouldnt

ah carry on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

3 month long program feuding with Tony Nese on 205 Live.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Love you guys and I love wrestling again

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Fauxhawk Express posted:

shorty D losing to a hologram of hatsune miku on nxt dark matches

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Riho carrying the womens division on her tiny shoulders

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I have never seen LAX wrestle before and I love them. Fun episode. It's weird how doing simple things correctly can invest you in someone. Like, I've always had a soft spot for Cody, but those video packages have made me really kinda get into him on a different level.

Marko Stunt is cool. My wife could not take her eyes off of him the entire match, and she hates wrestling. My daughter refuses to believe he's not a child.

I like AEW.

e: Riho. Riho is cool.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

im sad the best friends lost

If any team's going to be the first tag champs I'm fine with it being either Lucha Bros or Private Party*. Plenty of time for Best Friends to get their due/at least one reign

*Goddamn we really get Lucha Bros/Private Party and PAC/Moxley next week :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You should, fucker

Don't do this, this is a positive thread because pro-wrestling in the USA rules again :patriot:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

I have never seen LAX wrestle before and I love them. Fun episode. It's weird how doing simple things correctly can invest you in someone. Like, I've always had a soft spot for Cody, but those video packages have made me really kinda get into him on a different level.

Marko Stunt is cool. My wife could not take her eyes off of him the entire match, and she hated wrestling. My daughter refuses to believe he's not a child.

I like AEW.

e: Riho. Riho is cool.

tell your daughter that Marko Stunt is what happens when a Cabbage Patch Kid finds a genie with a sense of humor

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

no matter what marko stunt does i can't take him seriously. he's just way too small.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That was a very fun show. Britt Baker is not good enough to be on television.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Rolling up R-Truth for the 24/7 title and then later in the show somehow being pinned by his own skateboard

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

haunted bong posted:

tell your daughter that Marko Stunt is what happens when a Cabbage Patch Kid finds a genie with a sense of humor

I think I will. She finally started believing me when I pointed out his tattoo. Which is weird cuz I went to middle school with a kid who had a tattoo.

It's awesome that I could get my wife to sit down and watch wrestling by virtue of Luke Perry's kid being involved. I only wish Luchasaurus could've been there, too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dango Bango posted:

Marko Stunt definitely looked a lot more believable tonight.

He has to stop flossing though.

My ten year old popped like crazy for him flossing. So did my 23 year old brother, to a slightly lesser extent.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

My ten year old popped like crazy for him flossing. So did my 23 year old brother, to a slightly lesser extent.

People liked TJP's dabbing for a hot minute, too. I just hope he's savvy enough to drop it when the time is right.

Unless he goes heel. Then he should do it forever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TJ Perkins looks like a creep and a loser though, Marko Stunt looks like a buff 13 year old and is much more believable

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Alaois posted:

TJ Perkins looks like a creep and a loser though, Marko Stunt looks like a buff 13 year old and is much more believable

Looks like?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Dango Bango posted:

Marko Stunt definitely looked a lot more believable tonight.

He has to stop flossing though.

he should floss every show. every time he flosses, Jim Cornette will make an angry tweet

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
britt is natty-beth phoenix in whatever the gently caress year the divas division was absolute trash. she is just not good enough

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The three times I can remember him doing it were great. The bit with Daniels both times with the old guy trying to match it, and with Penta who is just not having his poo poo.

Honestly I don’t know how well Marko would work outside of a tag match but he’s great at selling and taking stupid bumps and I am happy to keep watching him. I want to see him pin a guy.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
NXT huffs farts

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

dr. shitt faker, D.U.D

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

his look is very fitting for his personality!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember the build-up to the relaunch of ECW back in the late 00s and comparing that new show to this new show is wild. AEW feels like 97 ECW when they really found their stride right out of the gate

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He could have beaten Penta off of the double flippy flip attack, I wouldn't have blinked

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tony hire Jacob Fatu and replace Jake Hager with him.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i don't mean this but

I’m so loving mad

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Alaois posted:

his look is very fitting for his personality!

TJP looks like an old friend of mine. That douchey friend in every group that everyone puts up with and likes despite how much of an rear end in a top hat he is. I always had a great time rooting against him.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

DoctorGonzo posted:

britt is natty-beth phoenix in whatever the gently caress year the divas division was absolute trash. she is just not good enough

2019?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's really weird to have Keith Lee on the other channel and thinking "nah I'm just gonna watch 12 Bon Appetit videos on youtube instead" but Dynamite (including Dark) is the exact type and amount of wrestling I want each week. No more, no less.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I really liked the women's match and don't really get the hate for Britt. She's clearly not as good as Riho (who has like 15 years of ring experience or whatever that bonkers number is) but she definitely held her own and I legit thought she had it won more than once.

Also Pentagon absolutely murdering Marko was some great TV. And is it just me or do these 2 hour shows just blow by, I was upset when it was time for Darby cause that meant the show was almost over lol. This post is not to be taken as an endorsement for a third hour.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It's probably unnoticed but I'm really glad that the Beaver Boys and Peter Avalon were on matches this week (AEW Dark and Dynamite).

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I really liked the women's match and don't really get the hate for Britt. She's clearly not as good as Riho (who has like 15 years of ring experience or whatever that bonkers number is) but she definitely held her own and I legit thought she had it won more than once.

I really feel like she didn't. It felt like 80% of the match was Riho using Britt as a jungle gym.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The beaver boy guy flexing to kick off his squash match was great. I want to see more of him.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Sorry they didn't sign your jack off material

Are you crazy? PAC was clearly on the show!

Oh... you didn't mean mine. Carry on.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Sorry they didn't sign your jack off material

It's not their fault Kana-Chan is stuck in W...
Oh I mean um...actually you know what I'm owning it.
(I'm not owning it. Kana-Chan is adorable though and I love her Youtube vids)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

I really feel like she didn't. It felt like 80% of the match was Riho using Britt as a jungle gym.

Agreed. Britt was walking while Riho was running. That sloppy transition where Britt couldn't decide what arm to go after and multiple times of her being super obvious about moving into position. She looked way out of her depth.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

She ended up doing alright by the end but the first half of the match she was legit terrible

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Also Pentagon absolutely murdering Marko was some great TV. And is it just me or do these 2 hour shows just blow by, I was upset when it was time for Darby cause that meant the show was almost over lol. This post is not to be taken as an endorsement for a third hour.

Britt is fine when compared to the rest of the roster, but I admittedly an not overly thrilled with AEW's women's division so far. For as bad as WWE is as a whole, they do have phenomenal talent in their women's division and maybe we've been spoiled on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Just got back from the show, good times. It's definitely a much different experience being there in person vs. TV. Aside from the section reserved for cameras, I'd say it looked like a 90% capacity crowd tonight. Crowd was hot for most of the night with the exception of an AEW Dark match. I'll have to check out the broadcast to see how things came off on TV.

Mox got a huge CZW reaction and before his match, he actually got on the mic, apologized that the show had to air ads to pay the bills but got the cheap pop, saying because it's Philly he came to fight.

Jericho probably got the biggest pop of the broadcast. He's definitely got an electric presence and amazing charisma.

During AEW Dark, Cody got by far the biggest pop from the crowd of the night. Followed by either the Young Bucks or Jericho. There was a cool moment when everything was over where Cody recognized "Orange Cassidy" in the crowd who was a 10 year old boy dressed in the part. The kid did a great job playing up the mannerisms and was brought into the ring where Cody demanded a ref come down so the kid could pin him. One of the Bucks asked him if it'd count against his record and Cody joked that the kid would be facing Jericho for the title. This got the reaction you'd expect and the show ended with a super hot crowd.

Just a really cool experience, everyone here should definitely try to see them whenever they come around.