Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the tag titles?
This poll is closed.
Dark Order 13 7.43%
Private Party 30 17.14%
Lucha Bros 99 56.57%
SCU 33 18.86%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NXT has been humiliated so badly that HHH looks like this now:

:siren: AEW DARK MATCHES NEED TO BE SPOILER TAGGED IN THIS THREAD :siren:
They can be openly discussed without spoiler tags in the spoiler thread if you wish

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1184647622558208000

AEW Dynamite for 10/9 via https://www.f4wonline.com

quote:

The Lucha Bros attacked SCU as they made their entrance, as the show began with a hot angle.

Pentagon hit a package piledriver on the ramp on Daniels. Scorpio Sky ran down to make the save for Kazarian, but not before Kazarian got sent back-first into the post.

They did an injury angle, as paramedics came out and placed Daniels on a back board. Sky then took Daniels' place in the match.

AEW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT MATCH: SCU DEFEATED BEST FRIENDS

This was all Best Friends early. Kazarian came out firing right hands, but he got cut off. Taylor hit a package piledriver on Kazarian, who sold his back. Taylor took off one of Sky's shoes and bit his foot.

Best Friends hit a stacked up superplex on Kazarian. Kazarian finally made a tag to Sky. Sky hit a double stomp. Taylor tried a dive over the top to the floor, but he took out Trent. Sky hit a tope con giro, and Kazarian hit a rana from the ring to the floor. Sky took off his other shoe and tossed it into the crowd, who threw it back in the ring.

SCU hit a tandem DDT for a two count on Trent. Taylor made a blind tag and hit Soul Food on Kazarian. Sky jumped in and ate knee strikes from both Best Friends.

Trent hit a Doomsday Knee off the top to Kazarian. Taylor covered, but Kazarian kicked out. Trent went for a piledriver on the apron, but Sky saved. Sky sent Taylor into the barricade.

The finish saw Kazarian hit a powerbomb into a dropkick by Sky on Trent, and Kazarian got the pin.

A chaotic opening segment, and a very good opening match. Not at the level of the Bucks opener last week, but still good.

SANTANA & ORTIZ DEFEATED JOHN SILVER & ALEX REYNOLDS

A complete squash. After a beatdown, Santana hit a top rope cutter on Silver and pinned him.

Jericho cut a pre-taped promo on the video screens. He said Santana and Ortiz are pitbulls and street thugs who will pick your pocket and kick your rear end. He said they want to fight the Young Bucks at Full Gear on November 9. He asked if the Buck boys accept le challenge from le champion.

----------

We got a Cody hype video. Brandi was shown talking to Cody about media obligations. Cody sold as though he was preoccupied, thinking about Jericho.

DDP and Cody's mom, Michelle Runnels talked about how driven Cody has been since he was a kid. Michelle said Cody had a tough road being the son of Dusty. DDP said that Cody is chasing something real, his first world title in this business.

MJF said that Cody is driven to prove that since he left "the other place", he's a top guy. Cody was shown training for his match with Jericho.

This was excellent, and the production values on the vignettes in this company are incredible.

AEW WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: RIHO DEFEATED DR. BRITT BAKER TO RETAIN THE TITLE

Baker hit a couple of armdrags out of collar and elbow lockups. Baker went for her finish, which they're calling Lockjaw, but Riho made it to the ropes, forcing a break.

Riho hit a crossbody off the top, but Baker rolled through into a cover. Riho bridged out, then hit a dropkick. She followed with a double stomp, a running knee in the corner, then a snap suplex.

Riho missed a double stomp off the top. Baker countered with a slingblade. She teased a TKO, but Riho slipped out. Baker hit a TKO on her second attempt, then hit a one-legged dropkick for a near fall.

Riho used a northern lights suplex and two quick cradles for near falls. Baker hit a big right hand for a two count. Riho dodged a ripcord, then hit some palm strikes. She got a single-leg crab applied, but Baker forced a rope break.

Riho hit a double stomp for a two count, then hit a running double knee strike for another near fall.

Riho went for double knees again, but Baker moved. out of the way. Baker went for Lockjaw, but Riho slipped to a lateral press and got the flash pinfall.

The two shook hands after the match. This was good.

The broadcast team alerted us that Daniels suffered a stinger, but is otherwise okay. They then ran down the rest of the card for the evening.

AEW WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT MATCH: LUCHA BROS DEFEATED JURASSIC EXPRESS

Stunt and Pentagon started with some comedy. This broke down into a four-way right away. Stunt hit a hurricanrana with an assist from Jungle Boy. Stunt hit a DDT and and a suicide dive. Jungle Boy hit an Asai moonsault.

The action returned to the ring, where the Lucha Bros made a comeback. Fenix went nuts on both Stunt and Jungle Boy, then took Jungle Boy out with a tornillo off the apron.

Back inside, Pentagon hit a pumphandle driver on Stunt for a two count. Stunt took a flip bump off a leg kick.

The match went through a commercial break, but they kept the match on the screen during the ads. The Lucha Bros did some crowd work. Pentagon continued to work over Stunt. He hit a one-armed press slam into a superkick by Fenix.

Back from break, Stunt made a comeback with a running knee, then made a hot tag to Jungle Boy. Jungle boy hit a backflip into a double knee strike on Fenix. Stunt tagged back in and hit a 450 splash off the top, and Jungle Boy followed with a standing shooting star press.

Pentagon hit a Canadian Destroyer, as he was still the legal man. He then used a disarmer on Stunt. The Lucha Bros hit their tandem package piledriver/double stomp finisher, and Fenix took out Jungle Boy on the floor with a suicide dive. Pentagon then pinned Stunt.

This was an awesome match. Someone please tell JR that the guy's name is Jungle Boy, and he's the only person who insists on calling him Jungle Jack Perry.

Moxley and PAC made their entrance. They then threw to a pre-taped promo from Moxley, who said he wants to mount Kenny Omega's head on his wall, and said he's going to beat him at Full Gear.

KENNY OMEGA & HANGMAN PAGE DEFEATED PAC & JON MOXLEY

Omega and Moxley started off in the ring. Omega and Page got the jump on PAC and Moxley with an attack right at the opening bell.

Omega hit a Kotaro Krusher on PAC, who had blind-tagged himself in. Moxley tagged himself back in. He cut Omega off with strikes in the corner. Moxley hit a knee lift. Omega came back with a snap suplex, then tagged Page.

Page hit a pescado to PAC, then a flying clothesline to Moxley. Page teased a moonsault off the post, but PAC distracted him. Moxley shoved Page off the top, and PAge took a spectacularly stupid bump off the post to the apron.

During a commercial break, PAC hit a Sasuke Special to the floor on Page. Moxley and PAC continued working on Page during the break.

Back from commercial, Moxley used a cloverleaf on Page. Omega made the save, but got sent outside. Page missed a Buckshot Lariat, but then hit a discus lariat on Moxley, then made a hot tag to Omega.

Omega hit You Can't Escape and a moonsault on PAC for a two count. Moxley jumped in and ate a snap rana. Omega hit snap dragon suplexes on both Moxley and PAC. Omega then hit a tope con giro on PAC.

Moxley hit a suicide dive, wiping out Omega and PAC both. Page then hit a moonsault off the post onto all three.

Omega hit PAC with a buckle bomb. Page hit a standing shooting star on PAC and made a cover. Moxley broke it up with a dropkick. PAC hit a slingshot cutter to Omega. Page hit PAC with a suicide dive.

Moxley and Omega went one-on-one in the ring. They faced off, then traded strikes. Omega hit a V-trigger. He went for another, but Moxley hit a lariat.

Moxley pulled a barbed wire bat from under the ring, while Omega grabbed his barbed wire broom. They squared off. PAC grabbed Moxley's weapon just as he was about to hit Omega with it, because he didn't want to be DQ'ed.

Moxley responded by hitting the Paradigm Shift on PAC, flipping him off, then walking out on the match.

With PAC left 2-on-1, Page hit him with a Buckshot Lariat. Omega followed up with a V-trigger, and Page pinned PAC.

This was good as well. All action. JR and Tony Schiavone on commentary put it over as a really great match.

PAC vs. Moxley was announced for next week.

AEW WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: CHRIS JERICHO DEFEATED DARBY ALLIN TO RETAIN THE TITLE IN A STREET FIGHT

Allin hit a dropkick at the opening bell. He got a double-leg takedown and hit Jericho with punches. There was a clunky spot where Allin clotheslined Jericho to the floor. Allin then hit a dive to the floor.

Back in the ring, Jericho cut Allin off with a kick and a back suplex. Allin got a hope spot with a Canadian Destroyer, but Jericho again cut him off with strikes. Jericho threw Allin through the ropes to the floor, and we got our last commercial break.

Jericho hit and choked Allin with a kendo stick. Allin was bleeding form the back of the head. Allin used a crucifix for a two count, landed some kendo stick shots, got a two count off a springboard crossbody, then got cut off.

Jericho used the Walls of Jericho, but Allin forced a rope break. Jericho hit a Codebreaker, but Allin grabbed the bottom rope on the pinfall attempt. Jericho was bleeding from the forehead.

Jericho introduced a chair into the match. Jericho hit Allin with the chair, then teased lawn-darting him into it in the corner. Allin reversed into a stunner for a two count.

Jericho again got the Walls, but Allin forced another rope break. Jericho pulled a roll of tape from under the ring and taped Allin's hands behind his back. Allin dodged a charge into the corner, then hit a quebrada with no hands for a two count.

Allin hit a suicide dive, then a senton bomb off the top rope for a two count. Jericho grabbed Allin's skateboard. He powerbombed Allin on the skateboard for a near fall.

Jericho swung the chair. Allin ducked it, then dropkicked the chair into Jericho's face. Allin went up top for a Coffin Drop. Jake Hager ran in and shoved Allin off the top. Jericho used the Walls, and Allin verbally submitted.

The rest of the Inner Circle came to the ring with bottles of champagne, and they celebrated in the ring as the show closed.

This wasn't Jericho's best night in the ring, but Allin worked his rear end off and the crowd was into the match. .

F4W Jerk is wrong Jericho was good we all know this.

News
AEW undefeated in the ratings!
AEW Dark streams every Tuesday and it's good you should watch it.
Hager was signed prior to All Out.
The Monday one hour re-airing of Dynamite did 279,000 viewers in the UK.

Upcoming Schedule

The Next PPV:

https://twitter.com/RoFoArena/status/1172171116955217925

Next Week's DYNAMITE:

MOX VS PACK
TAG TOURNAMENT SEMI FINALS
A DENTIST
YOUNG BUCKS

Links
Everything Elite Podcast the #1 podcast for the #1 promotion: https://redcircle.com/shows/everything-elite
AEW Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCFN4JkGP_bVhAdBsoV9xftA
Being the Elite Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2V6TA0OqHr9BojcHz9az-w
Twitter https://twitter.com/aewrestling
AEW on TNT Twitter: https://twitter.com/AEWonTNT
Myspace https://www.myspace.com/aewrestling

Your First AEW Women's Champion:

And finally, your first All Elite Champion:

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i'm become i'm become i'm becoming

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Accepting apologies from all the Marko doubters now

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't sleep because my head's on fire

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:judas:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sorry I forgot the thread tag.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

My partner just said that that HHH photo looks like the Ice King

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry bout marko

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
good show. a little weak in places but the second hour was fantastic

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Cavauro posted:

sorry bout marko

It's ok

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

still wouldn't have been sorry about marko until cornette started Literally shaking

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@MRT add this to the OP pls

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1184647622558208000

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that was okeysh
im happy that riho is over but the the tag team matches got old reallt quick.
meh main event and i really dont want to see Jericho as evolution era HHH.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Was about to ask for a gif of this thank you

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Please come participate in the 2019 Judasthon.

:judas:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Best North American PPV of the last five years at least.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

the tag team matches got old reallt quick.

the gently caress

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Alaois posted:

the gently caress

they didn't sign his gf

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That episode was spectacular

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Overall didnt love the show as much as last weeks high benchmark but page/omega vs pac/mox was absolute fire

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

sorry bout marko

I will forgive you, in time

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Best North American PPV of the last five years at least.

And it was free TV!

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

this was filled with so many memorable moments, i completely forgot about Ortiz yelling THE BEST over Jericho's promo.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Who was anyone to doubt Marko Stunt

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
my tag team lost in the title tournament and the lucha brothers murder two young men.

I'll call it a wash.

I still loved the show.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

haunted bong posted:

this was filled with so many memorable moments, i completely forgot about Ortiz yelling THE BEST over Jericho's promo.

big fan of that shouty pervert

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

huge missed opportunity for the thread title to be THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jungle Jack Perry is better than Jungle Boy

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

drat its cool to like a wrestling show again

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i had not seen much of LAX and now realise that i was a fool

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I will forgive you, in time

i don't mean this but

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

3 hours of RAW only managed to get to 16 pages, while AEW is at 50 and counting.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

meh main event and i really dont want to see Jericho as evolution era HHH.

In less than a year Jericho has effortlessly done what Triple H has spent at least fifteen years trying to do in terms of being the modern Ric Flair

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

In less than a year Jericho has effortlessly done what Triple H has spent at least fifteen years trying to do in terms of being the modern Ric Flair

namely, drinking a lot

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Fun episode again.

We gonna get Darby vs. Hager or Page vs. Hager at Full Gear?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
AEW is the best wrestling in the United States and it's not close. I won't apologize for not wanting WWE to die and still finding things to enjoy there but it's just not even close. Love AEW yo. Love wrestling in 2019.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Davros1 posted:

3 hours of RAW only managed to get to 16 pages, while AEW is at 50 and counting.

NXT didn't even get a thread :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

aew good

i will keep watching!