Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

the wrestling he's on now is more obscure than the wrestling he was on then

i was presenting the way i interpreted another viewpoint above my post that did not make a lot of sense to me. Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Benne posted:

I feel like we're kinda burying the lede here that they spent months doing increasingly convoluted dog-related angles that built up to a "loser eats dog food" match and nobody ate the loving dog food

They can't even get their humiliation fetish stories right

We saw it coming cause they did dog food matches on house shows and Corbin lost all of them but never ate any. I'm sure the Godwins appreciate this match stipulation.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The dog food stuff sucks and is really gross. As a Roman fan, it really is disheartening to watch them blow it with him over and over. Roman should be having great matches with guys like Styles, Bryan, Joe, etc, instead they've been booking him as if he can't go and have a great match whenever he wants to and has a good opponent. The Corbin bashing sometimes goes too far because he has his place as a mid card heel, but he has sapped the good will of the crowd from multiple babyfaces now because his feuds are always 3-5 month slogs and the matches are disappointing at best when he's in there, more so the booking around him than his abilities, he's perfectly fine move wise, his stuff looks good and he has the legit background to be a great mid card heel over something like the IC or US titles, but they've squandered everything they've done with Corbin.

I mean as much as Seth was to blame for fans turning on him, and I never liked Seth at all even as an indie guy, but the Corbin feud did the most to damage his credibility before the fiend feud completely destroyed it, almost taking Becky down with him.

Roman deserves better, he's a great guy, a great wrestler when given the chance, and has a tremendous babyface story in his life beating cancer. I don't know why the keep messing it up but it sucks, I want Roman to succeed and have a memorable career for the right reasons, but he's headed down the road of the company's biggest failure that shouldn't have been.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I remember going to a house show in 1998 where Rock was IC champ and feuding with Shamrock. They had a non title match on the show. Shamrock won and then left with the IC title. Me and my friends we hyped because we thought we saw something special and couldn’t wait to see Shamrock show up on Raw with the stolen belt.

Obviously, the whole thing was never mentioned. But that was a better ending than Rock beating Shamrock in a title match to retain. Like I can’t even really remember much else on that show aside from Austin vs Triple H in the main event.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Intruder posted:

I would forgive WWE a lot of things if they changed Roman's theme to the dog ending music from Silent Hill 2

Or Hot Dad's version

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Corbin should be used as a mid-card heel to get over the IC title and rising stars, not as the main heel of Smackdown with lackeys. I can't believe they had him go over Chad Gable after "naming himself" Shorty G and the payoff was short man sucks, big man king.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Corbin is a legit good heel but he's not a main eventer (or at least not one who can just permanently sit up there) at the moment and it doesn't help him to have him exposed like this and learning nothing when letting him naturally develop from midcard heel to main eventer would be to everybody's benefit.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Another issue is Corbin feuds especially go on forever.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
There's a lot wrong with Smackdown right now (even by WWE standards). The women's division is a dumpster fire, Baron Corbin is the top heel that regularly appears and wrestles, Shinsuke is directionless (good for Braun winning, but it feels like too little too late), and The Fiend's gimmick grew stale several PPVs ago.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lol at the notion of Corbin being in main event status

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It blew my mind that Braun just recently won his FIRST singles title run, despite being in the world title picture a couple times.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The thing wrong with Smackdown is I forget it’s in. Then I dont care to even read what happened because who cares. Like... Morrison returned weeks ago. All I cared to find out was if they gave him his cool slow mo entrance.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The best version of Corbin was the greasy-haired biker dirtbag who projects the energy of a guy who still goes to high school parties even though he graduated 12 years ago, and is a little too excited to tell you which Disney Channel pop star just turned 18.

Putting him in a TGI Friday's manager outfit and making him do generic Heel Authority poo poo was one of the more baffling creative decisions I've seen in a while.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Baron Corbin has a minions tattoo on his foot, he's a natural heel but he's not a main event heel.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s an attitude era big boss man level heel at best

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Seams posted:

He’s an attitude era big boss man level heel at best
At what point does Corbin feed a dog to Roman

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I will never understand why this company doesn’t do trades to liven up the brand split.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I will never understand why this company doesn’t do trades to liven up the brand split.
They've had a draft, killed the brands, and had another draft of the course of a year and a half. The problem isn't the rosters.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Intruder posted:

I would forgive WWE a lot of things if they changed Roman's theme to the Pound Puppies.

:colbert:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Roman should bring back his deadlift powerbomb that looked like poo poo and everyone hated

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

oldpainless posted:

Roman should bring back his deadlift powerbomb that looked like poo poo and everyone hated

sin cara's gone now, he can't be embarrassed by a way smaller dude doing it much better!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

sin cara's gone now, he can't be embarrassed by a way smaller dude doing it much better!
I never understood a second of Sin Cara II's character. Incognito/Hunico was much larger than the average Luchadore and super loving strong for his size but WWE insisted on riding that Sin Cara character instead of just letting the dude be a brawler heel.

Oh yeah, on top of re-replacing Sin Cara with Hunico again after Mistico left and not making a single reference to it. Should've just kept him heel.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJZ’s helmet is stupid as hell but it’s WWE so I’m just grateful someone made an effort to stand out in some kind of way.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

RealFoxy posted:

I never understood a second of Sin Cara II's character. Incognito/Hunico was much larger than the average Luchadore and super loving strong for his size but WWE insisted on riding that Sin Cara character instead of just letting the dude be a brawler heel.

Oh yeah, on top of re-replacing Sin Cara with Hunico again after Mistico left and not making a single reference to it. Should've just kept him heel.

Sin Cara sold merch, apparently. I don't actually believe that but as far as I know that was their reasoning behind keeping the gimmick going.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TriffTshngo posted:

Sin Cara sold merch, apparently. I don't actually believe that but as far as I know that was their reasoning behind keeping the gimmick going.
I would assume it was because he was just a Lucha guy that was featured on TV and it could've been literally anyone in that role. Like maybe Gran Metallik who was a much better wrestler than Hunico and much better in the WWE than Mistico

e: Sin Cara merch though

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 2, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealFoxy posted:

I would assume it was because he was just a Lucha guy that was featured on TV and it could've been literally anyone in that role. Like maybe Gran Metallik who was a much better wrestler than Hunico and much better in the WWE than Mistico

thank you for remembering gran metallik exists, so underrated that even in most underrated convos his existence gets forgotten

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lid posted:

thank you for remembering gran metallik exists, so underrated that even in most underrated convos his existence gets forgotten
The Lucha House Party still appears on TV sporadically but he's completely blended into the background in that group so bad that I don't even see him when he's on TV.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4oFHsz_-oE

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Corbin is not a good heel. MJF is a good heel. Corbin is Test in the Corporation at best.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's so loving sad that WWE employees two of these and the son of a third

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
mjf and corbin are the same kind of heels its just that mjf gets to be edgy with his promos for heat. mjf is probably the better worker

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Baron Corbin has a minions tattoo on his foot, he's a natural heel but he's not a main event heel.

A main event heel would tattoo that minion onto his face!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

mjf and corbin are the same kind of heels its just that mjf gets to be edgy with his promos for heat. mjf is probably the better worker

MJF and Corbin couldn't possibly be further apart in every way talent-wise

MJF is light years ahead in promos, in ring work, working a crowd, acting etc

Corbin is where he is because Vince wants to gently caress him as he's made clear

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
mjf promos are super basic cheap heat heel stuff

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

blessed be the sin cockra

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bring back Ahmed Johnson as Big T and have him feud with Roman over who gets to use the name Big

Roman loses, gets introduced at The Dog from then on

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Abroham Lincoln posted:

blessed be the sin cockra

Can you work it into the image?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

MJF is light years ahead in promos, working a crowd, acting etc

Even this feels like an understatement tbh

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

When I think of Corbin working the crowd as a heel, I remember his doofy-looking taunt where he flops his hands at the crowd to dismiss their boos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The problem with Corbin, as always, is he's a whole lot more charismatic outside of WWE scripted content. I'd put money that almost EVERYONE in the WWE currently would be a better wrestler/promo/character outside of the WWE outside of fringe cases.

The WWE doesn't train wrestlers, they train people VERY poorly to be actors and stunt people (In other words, Sports Entertainers)