Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the Welterweight champ for longer than one day in 2016?
This poll is closed.
Robbie Lawler 47 61.04%
Carlos Condit 19 24.68%
Condit, and also Bluedeanie you are wrong, Condit deserves this title fight because *gross long wet fart noise* 11 14.29%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

MacDougall posted:

Do you watch fights or just listen to them at really low volume?

I mute the fight and watch it with my eye balls if possible because joe rogan is annoying because nothing he says matches what is actually happening in a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it's actually hard to assess but i'm glad that my prediction of one of them becoming a drooling reatrd didn't come true

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the melvin manhoef fight was a career ending level beating in itself

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Condit and Lawler should become best friends like Creed and Rocky and hang out together. Hell throw Rory into their crew and they could open a bar or something. Dana should fund all their adventures.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bundt Cake posted:

he can't be killed

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
It's hard to believe Condit suffered a severe concussion in training if Lawler couldn't do it in that fight huh.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

Robbie was doing a good job rolling with Melvin's punches and blocking all things considered, but his leg got tenderized

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

who did this

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MacDougall posted:

Condit and Lawler should become best friends like Creed and Rocky and hang out together. Hell throw Rory into their crew and they could open a bar or something. Dana should fund all their adventures.

'so what do you think about beating the poo poo out of people?'
'i like it'
'me too'
[both fighters continue fishing off the pier]
'remember when we beat the poo poo out of each othe?'
'no'
'me too'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

Robbie was doing a good job rolling with Melvin's punches and blocking all things considered, but his leg got tenderized

leg kicks don't count...... if you get knocked out!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

A liar and a bad man

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Marching Powder posted:

'so what do you think about beating the poo poo out of people?'
'i like it'
'me too'
[both fighters continue fishing off the pier]
'remember when we beat the poo poo out of each othe?'
'no'
'me too'

Rory walks by with his pants on his head talking about Jesus.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's always very interesting to see when people will agree round 3 can go either way, but not follow this conclusion to its logical end, which is that robbie lawler winning makes sense, because he won 2 and 5 definitively.

condit would have won in PRIDE

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwQd4muqRfI

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

condit would have won in PRIDE

disagree. lawler's round 5 was by far the most telling

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Condit body kicks were visibly hurting robbie

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Dangersim posted:

I saw it going the way of Weidman/rockhold with those kicks, but he didn't like to throw them with frequency

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Lawler's fists were visibly hurting Condit.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's always very interesting to see when people will agree round 3 can go either way, but not follow this conclusion to its logical end, which is that robbie lawler winning makes sense, because he won 2 and 5 definitively.

people that get bent out of shape when there's swing rounds are the worst kind of people.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Who cares lets just see 6-10

gently caress woodley

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Not a robbery. But Condit will feel like he won. Lawler would have too. It should just be a rematch. Condit might retire though based on his talk pre-fight.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dangersim posted:

Yeah they totally prevented Robbie from moving forward and visible slowed his output. In imagination land

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

MacDougall posted:

Not a robbery. But Condit will feel like he won. Lawler would have too. It should just be a rematch. Condit might retire though based on his talk pre-fight.

Good.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i appreciate the lawler enthusiasm but don't appreciate the never seeing condit fight again enthusiasm

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh my god this is awkward

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Lmao some journo asked Robbie a question but he's not even here :lol:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
wooooooof this media guy.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i appreciate the lawler enthusiasm but don't appreciate the never seeing condit fight again enthusiasm

Condit has really good fights and is cool and I have no idea why but I hope he chokes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
"You thought that was Robbie Lawler?"

:lol:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Cool that Stipe got his shot.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I want to see more Condit fights, but if he's concerned about his health or whatever that would be a hell of a fight to retire on.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if Carlos is just bummed, but it sounds like he's seriously considering retirement. :(

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Wise Learned Man posted:

I don't know if Carlos is just bummed, but it sounds like he's considering retirement. :(

He was thinking about retiring before the fight happened. I do hope he at least gives one more go at the belt against Robbie.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Robbie sounds like a really cool guy. He's very complimentary of his opponent.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I don't want to lose the artistry of Condit's fights.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Holy poo poo Condit is gutted.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm a little surprised that one guy still had the guts to ask Robbie his question

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I barely remembered this fight was happening, despite liking both guys a lot. By round five I was standing and yelling at the TV and my friend. Amazing fight. I really, really wanted Condit to win after watching a few rounds. When he survived the 5th I thought he had it, and was real bummed when he lost. Reading through the thread made me remember round 3 though. I don't like the decision but it's not a really bad one. I just wish Condit got the belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
My instant instinct after round 3 was Lawler won the round, second-guessed myself between rounds after I saw the stats, now I don't know anymore who I felt really won the round (and the fight). I'm satisfied with the likely conclusion that a defending champion will always win a split decision, and a challenger can't let it get that close.

• Locked thread