Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

R.L. Stine posted:

elon forgot linda existed the second he announced she was hired. she's just been coming in and sitting in her office tweeting and drinking and getting paid. nobody remembers what her actual job is

That sounds fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.L. Stine posted:

elon forgot linda existed the second he announced she was hired. she's just been coming in and sitting in her office tweeting and drinking and getting paid. nobody remembers what her actual job is

I respect the hustle, frankly

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

R.L. Stine posted:

Elon needs someone to blame when they file Chapter 11

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope Linda was smart enough to get paid Tesla shares

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Data Graham posted:

Apparently if you get money this is the inevitable road you travel

i would get drunk & high and watch golden girls and columbo repeats all day

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

euphronius posted:

I hope Linda was smart enough to get paid Tesla shares

Sorry, it was Twitter shares (and no, those didn't transfer over to X shares)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Data Graham posted:

That was unspeakably hilarious, he got hired on his grandiose promises and then started asking questions about basic Javascript poo poo like he thought fixing search would be just a matter of tweaking the behavior of the input box or something, he seemed to have no awareness of the fact that there is a back end involved in search

This idiot is now slamming AMD because they won’t enable him to undercut their datacenter gpu business with a box full of consumer GPUs.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

shyduck posted:

Elon needs someone to blame when they file Chapter 11

when they file the stock will go up 7%

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Lindoreo's comp isn't public given it's a private company but you can assume she is getting a lot of salary money that is otherwise peanuts for an exec and a promise of Twitter equity she probably can't do anything with untill it goes back public as a highly successful everything app.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
She obviously gets paid in X appreciation tokens! Redeemable at your local X company store!!

But really she's the CEO, sure pretty much in name only, but I'm sure she at least has enough on paper company authority that if X stops paying people she could go to accounting and make sure at least her monthly pay check is coming through.

Upper management are generally pretty good at making sure no matter what's happening with a company, they're still seeing their pay.

Although at this point I do sort of question why musk is keeping her on. She was only hired as, as dumb as musk is even he realised that advertisers were really sick of him leading the company and were leaving in droves. She seemed to at first... sorta slowed down the exodus, but now days musk has intentionally made it obvious she is not really involved in anything at all with running the company, so it seems sort of weird that the one verifiably useless person isn't included in any of the mass layoffs.

Or I mean I guess it would be weird if musk knew anything about running a company. She probably just writes a weekly report to musk saying how brilliant musk is at running x or something and that's enough to secure her ongoing probably massive wage.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 2, 2024

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Her name is Lindoreo Yacarrinoreo and she loves shrimp scamporeo, which is how she accepts her paymentoreo.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Elon hasnt been shy about saying how he thinks CEOs are useless and that he would make his dog CEO before she joined so she knew what she was getting into. She probably took the job anyway because 'CEO of big tech company' means she's probably set for life even if she has to eat a little poo poo every now and then.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
everyone at x gets paid in scrip that they can use at the vending machine and to pay for their twitter blue

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

R.L. Stine posted:

everyone at x gets paid in scrip that they can use at the vending machine and to pay for their twitter blue

Oh, I think they musk fired everyone in the department who maintained and stocked those vending machines.

Ah, I'm sure it'll be fine.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

zedprime posted:

Lindoreo's comp isn't public given it's a private company but you can assume she is getting a lot of salary money that is otherwise peanuts for an exec and a promise of Twitter equity she probably can't do anything with untill it goes back public as a highly successful everything app.

She's getting paid in exposure.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

roffles posted:

Elon hasnt been shy about saying how he thinks CEOs are useless and that he would make his dog CEO before she joined so she knew what she was getting into. She probably took the job anyway because 'CEO of big tech company' means she's probably set for life even if she has to eat a little poo poo every now and then.

Linda's former colleagues at NBC all said she was dying to get a CEO job and they all said they thought she wasn't really qualified for it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

priznat posted:

This idiot is now slamming AMD because they won’t enable him to undercut their datacenter gpu business with a box full of consumer GPUs.

quote:

Yeah. I think that the first comment here got it just right, though I think that nobody predicted that he'd drop the ball so quickly.

So he got $5M, ran into a bug, and then, when someone replied to the bug with "I believe the following patch should fix your issue" just a few days later, he responded with "Sorry, I'm not working with AMD GPUs anymore. ... Feel free to close my issues."

So do these $5M now go back to the investors?

I'd say that's a lack of due diligence on the investors' part.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
pretty sure musk doesnt have a pet and is like Don and doesnt "get" pets, or even plant care/ownership.

also he perfers the weird parasocial making GBS threads thing he has going right now

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

pretty sure musk doesnt have a pet and is like Don and doesnt "get" pets, or even plant care/ownership.

also he perfers the weird parasocial making GBS threads thing he has going right now

Musk has like a dozen pets, with cutsie names like X and Mechanicus

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
The military is thinking about buying Starship, not to get to Mars, but to transport sensitive cargo halfway around the world in 30 minutes.

https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-pentagon-military-missions

Apparently Starships have the same capacity as a C-17 and since they can (theoretically) land, it might be possible to have depots setup to move materials or people in a crisis. Or watch it blow up and rain down debris upon the ocean.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Wine Yacc was made CEO solely because the institutional investors who own large stakes in Tesla said "You can't be the CEO of four companies. You are spending literally all your time with Twitter and Tesla is facing serious problems"

So he hired a proxy CEO who let him do whatever he wanted as CTO or Tech God or whatever, and he's been effectively spending all his time as CEO of Twitter anyway.

Anyway Tesla just laid off all the people in it's future focused lines, including the one thing that institutional investors thought would be good for the stock price (low cost EV) because he never fixed the fundamental issues; but he just laid off a bunch of people so the stock is temporarily up

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
There's a greater than zero percent chance that an Elon Musk branded US military ICBM with a payload of humanitarian supplies slams into a consulate somewhere in the next decade

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

dr_rat posted:

Legit surprised about this, as exploiting free intern labour with incredibly long hours on lovely learn nothing tasks seems 100% up musks alley.

Tech internships are typically not free. When I worked with Amazon we paid them a pretty good wage.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I have to assume that institutional investors are dropping tsla stocks at a reasonable & carefully considered but very fast pace.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
yeah but how many seconds was your bathroom break and how many complimentary otc pills did you get?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think he's gonna keep firing everyone and cutting everything and the stock will keep going up because Elon ftw

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Krispy Wafer posted:

The military is thinking about buying Starship, not to get to Mars, but to transport sensitive cargo halfway around the world in 30 minutes.

https://www.space.com/spacex-starship-pentagon-military-missions

Apparently Starships have the same capacity as a C-17 and since they can (theoretically) land, it might be possible to have depots setup to move materials or people in a crisis. Or watch it blow up and rain down debris upon the ocean.

Gotta get the USPS in on it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mr. Free Speech doesn't like it when you don't respect the flag

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
ignore all these examples of chuds doing this with the stars and stripes and replacing it with MAGAshit.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kazil posted:

Teleporting to a mates' house cost-free on the other side of the world by constantly replacing flags

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kazil posted:

great idea get me the hell out of here

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Tesla could have just charged the indentured servants interns to work there and turned payroll from a cost center to a revenue source

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kazil posted:

Didn't see him coming out in favor of Palestinian statehood.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

a Tesla driver farted his fart horn at me when i took my turn at a 4 way stop sign while riding my bike and I couldnt tell if it was meant as a friendly "you go ahead" honk or a "hey I wanted to go first!" or "haha *fartz* this is what I think of you stinky cyclists!"

thank you elon for this great innovation, making roadways more confusing and unpredictable for everyone on them with hilarious easter eggs, jokes, memes and bants

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

already running damage control

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

another fascist banger from Mr. Free Speech

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
If Musk is paying for this law, then hell yeah. I'm putting up a Spain flag, and then a French flag a month later for free vacations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

I fly a Klingon flag, what then??

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I said "one way ticket" to emphasize that they are welcome to return!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

kazil posted:

Jamaican flag shortage threatens vacation travel plans