Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Seeing the replay again, I really think Tony beckoned at Herb Dean to stop the fight. We waved him in, and himself just backed away from Gaethje in a posture of submission/defeat.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

To my kid, I love you son, to my wife, I'm okay and to the man in my chimney...

Lol'n

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

MotU posted:

tony having a more coherent after fight speech somehow

That's what I was thinking! He takes 10 careers worth of bombs in 5 rounds and a few minutes later is all "drat this camp has been a long one, glad to see you again fucker"

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I've been saying this for a year but gaethje has what it takes to stop Khabib. im pretty sad we don't get Khabib Tony. Tony looked 36 as gently caress in there.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Dana White: Hey look, you know, Tony's got some stuff to take care of first. That guy's still in the fuckin' walls of his house. He'll be back.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

CharlesThunder posted:

I've been saying this for a year but gaethje has what it takes to stop Khabib. im pretty sad we don't get Khabib Tony. Tony looked 36 as gently caress in there.

How's Gaethje wrestling? I know he's a wrestler by training; has he used it much in MMA?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Count Roland posted:

How's Gaethje wrestling? I know he's a wrestler by training; has he used it much in MMA?

It's not anywhere near khabib's unfortunately

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Man, really hope we don't have a Benoitesque 30 for 30 on Tony in the next decade

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Count Roland posted:

he was all american, he doesn't use wrestling in mma cause he says he wants to be entertaining, get the fight of the night etc. bonuses since he knows it can't last long

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Brut posted:

Can "I'm glad to see you again fucker" be next month's UFC thread title? Thanks.

:bisonyes:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Also I hope nobody else gets corona'd out of this but man was I happy to see this poo poo again.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Also I hope nobody else gets corona'd out of this but man was I happy to see this poo poo again.

Other than Greg Hardy

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Brut posted:

Can "I'm glad to see you again fucker" be next month's UFC thread title? Thanks.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Tony looking like Tony’s opponents. Holy poo poo gaethje

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Frank Sidebottom posted:

It's not anywhere near khabib's unfortunately

Well, it doesn't have to be good enough to put him on his back. It just needs to be good enough to keep the fight on the feet.

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Great fight but I still think khabib will rag doll him and win quite easily.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

The Automator posted:

Tony looking like Tony’s opponents. Holy poo poo gaethje

The plastic surgeons in Jacksonville are going to have a bunch of new patients Monday morning after this card.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

Other than Greg Hardy

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Pre-Covid that card was a 6. These days I'm so fight-starved it's an 8. Poor Bigi Boi...

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
This was only my third UFC event ever. It was fun talking about it in here due to social distancing.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

What a fantastic main event.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Someone finally defeated the 100 people living inside Tony. He turns over to his night stand to turn off the lamp. He smiles faintly. Finally, we can rest.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Ngannou put that dude into the shadow realm holy poo poo

Also was surprised Gaethje won, not sure how I feel about this card as it shouldn’t have happened, I wonder how many people will be covid positive within two weeks

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

Ngannou put that dude into the shadow realm holy poo poo

Also was surprised Gaethje won, not sure how I feel about this card as it shouldn’t have happened, I wonder how many people will be covid positive within two weeks

We'll never know. They'll just be mysteriously quarantined for no reason, definitely not covid

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If that was what we got and the positive tests start coming out on monday... well, that wasn't worth it at all

But it was still a really fun night of fights capped off with the single largest amount of apprehension I've ever felt watching a fight that either fighter could have won and I would have been happy about it

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

glad i paid us currency to enjoy this card. it was fun and t-furg may be picking a fight with a poltergeist on the porch after that war. goddamn

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Cyber Dog posted:

What a fantastic main event.

That wasn't the main event.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tony went out basically the way Rory did vs Robbie. Brain won't shut off but poo poo is just short circuiting and the body hits some kind of secondary failsafe.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lol khabib

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

CommonShore posted:

Tony went out basically the way Rory did vs Robbie. Brain won't shut off but poo poo is just short circuiting and the body hits some kind of secondary failsafe.

It looked like he had a lot of blood in his eyes and was trying to shake it out instead of wiping it the way every other fighter would, that being said, even with no blood in his eyes, he was done.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

CommonShore posted:

You can clearly see after that hit his eyes are just gone. He shakes his head like he's trying to come back but his brain is just full of nope.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

PS4 wouldn't let me watch the fights so that was frustrating, but the event was good overall with two really great fights (although maybe that's just because I haven't seen a fight live in what feels like forever)

Good stoppage imo Tony is loving crazy.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Hobojim posted:

PS4 wouldn't let me watch the fights so that was frustrating, but the event was good overall with two really great fights (although maybe that's just because I haven't seen a fight live in what feels like forever)

Good stoppage imo Tony is loving crazy.

Hanging in as long as he did taking those hits is a feat. That leg sweep he landed was vicious. if he had followed up with intensity I think he would've won.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
That was the definition of "too tough for his own good."

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

CommonShore posted:

The guy was in primal mode. He was putting himself into the corner with a please stop hitting me reaction

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Memento posted:

If that was what we got and the positive tests start coming out on monday... well, that wasn't worth it at all

But it was still a really fun night of fights capped off with the single largest amount of apprehension I've ever felt watching a fight that either fighter could have won and I would have been happy about it

Which fight was that?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
You could probably make a highlight reel for Justin that just consists of the moments where a bloodied, shaken and limping Tony clings to the fence or stumbles along it trying to get away.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Shadow225 posted:

Which fight was that?

the main event

What I meant was that either guy could have won that fight and I would have been happy. I didn't have any money on it, I didn't prefer one fighter over the other, I just wanted a good fight. But I spent the entire time sitting on the edge of my seat with my heart in my throat

edit:

Ferguson v Gaethje got Fight of the Night
Gaethje & Ngannou got PotN.
Niko Price and Tony Ferguson were both transported to hospital

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Memento posted:

the main event

What I meant was that either guy could have won that fight and I would have been happy. I didn't have any money on it, I didn't prefer one fighter over the other, I just wanted a good fight. But I spent the entire time sitting on the edge of my seat with my heart in my throat

Oh gotchaaa. I'm with you. I love that I got to watch it because it was amazing. I hate that one guy had to lose. Would love to watch them both forever.