Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sponge Baathist posted:

Im really really drunk off my rear end on some burbon I bought at 8am and my cat is sleeping under my armpit. Is shorthaired maine coon a breed? That's what my squeaky cat is. She has the ear tufts, paw tufts, and M on the forehead. But only 1, maybe 2 layers of fur, not the 3 my other Maine coon has but she likes rain Definitely has paw tufts though for that snow. Most loyal cat ever she always finds me when I get home from work and is under foot until i lay down.

Mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshis Sighland
Oct 12, 2016
i think it depends on the animal?

cats are independent and they do whatever the f they want

birds can be very affectionate but it's sad if they're stuck in a cage all the time

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

my black friend says i'm allowed to call him that, it just means he's like my best friend

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i'm sorry, i lied. the closest thing i have to a black friend is morgan freeman's voice

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's okay that cat doesn't have a single black hair on her body it's not hate speech

naem
May 29, 2011

aminals

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sponge Baathist posted:

Im really really drunk off my rear end on some burbon I bought at 8am and my cat is sleeping under my armpit. Is shorthaired maine coon a breed? That's what my squeaky cat is. She has the ear tufts, paw tufts, and M on the forehead. But only 1, maybe 2 layers of fur, not the 3 my other Maine coon has but she likes rain Definitely has paw tufts though for that snow. Most loyal cat ever she always finds me when I get home from work and is under foot until i lay down.

A picture would be here but the flash on my camera doesnt work anymore. Sold it for booze money.

Your cat has a mackerel tabby coat, but maine coons are all long haired. An example of a mackerel tabby maine coon would be this lazy good for nothing idiot that lives in my house

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
It's clearly the opposite of slavery, because in human slavery, being in the house is better than being in the field, but for a pet, the reverse is true.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The same way I justify human trafficking. "whatever brings you happiness."

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
There's nothing unethical about having a cat if you have a cat door and let it come and go as it pleases. But having a dog is unethical, because the vast majority of dogs are incredibly bored for like 90% of their lives.

gheist
Oct 15, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

The Dennis System posted:

But having a dog is unethical, because the vast majority of dogs are incredibly bored for like 90% of their lives.

They wouldn't get bored if you didn't give the cat a way to escape.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Infidel Castro posted:

Your cat has a mackerel tabby coat, but maine coons are all long haired. An example of a mackerel tabby maine coon would be this lazy good for nothing idiot that lives in my house

Hey thanks for the info. She's probably the most loyal cat I know (oxymoron). When she's not outside she's by my side or hanging around purring up a storm. I'd post a pic but she's outside taking care of business. She'll be back this morning if it's not rainy. If it is rainy she'll stay outside cause she likes rainy days. Cats eat worms, right?

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
i dont rationalize having a pet. as soon as this cat kicks the bucket im painting over her sneezing wall and throwing the litter box in a dumpster

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
My player class needs it for DPS

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think that in the more racist societies e.g. the USA, having a pet is a placeholder for a house negro. What? I hear you ask.

But that's the truth, the US has unresolved racial issues that cannot be solved by pet ownership alone.

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
The real question is how do people rationalize leaving their dogs unleashed outside their house to run wild. All I want to do is take a walk around the neighborhood without getting barked at or chased by unruly dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I don't get that either, whenever my dog is outside it's behind a 10 feet high fenced dog run connected to my house, and over 100ft from the closest passing road

It's not that I don't trust the dog, but I sure as hell don't trust other people :colbert:

• Locked thread