Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This one had me laughing like an idiot.

edit: oh whoops, this is garry's mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDq35rObV4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

if AI ever does become sophisticated enough that we need to start seriously considering the ethics of how we treat them there is going to be SO many fantastic takes

I'm like 99% positive after a decade+ of horking on the global shitpost pile at this point that any AI would just wind up being Buddy Robot Christ

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

kntfkr posted:

free chinatown

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

kntfkr posted:

free chinatown

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

kntfkr posted:

free chinatown

i'll be sending a deranged pm to the admins every day until he's free

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

free him imo id support the perma if he said it to anyone else

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it was hosed up though. shoulda just banned

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ban everyone

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Oh drat I made this thread? Lol.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Oh drat I made this thread? Lol.

Congrats on your Second (or Third or Fourth) Life!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Poohs Packin posted:

Can you have a normal secons life or is it a requirement that youre a huge tiddy garfield with a giant wriggly penis for a nose

The majority of the player base are 55+ and use avatars that look like Barbie or Derek Zoolander. They rent virtual houses that look normal but every piece of furniture has gently caress commands built in. There are virtual graveyards full of memorials to dead players where their Zoolander avatar is juxtaposed with an irl photo. One of those places made me cry because it was so heartfelt and unhinged at the same time. I really need to find my folders from this past fall but I keep forgetting this thread exists.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Nobody wants to go to furry clubs and get sloppy anymore, sad.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
All DanielfromSL's nsfw stuff getting removed soon unfortunately. New t&c's for gumroad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Files Second Life taxes for my local Insurance company...

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

free chinatown

yeah, he was pretty cool. What happened to that dude?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah, he was pretty cool. What happened to that dude?

Posted into the sun.

Lt. Cock posted:

The majority of the player base are 55+ and use avatars that look like Barbie or Derek Zoolander. They rent virtual houses that look normal but every piece of furniture has gently caress commands built in. There are virtual graveyards full of memorials to dead players where their Zoolander avatar is juxtaposed with an irl photo. One of those places made me cry because it was so heartfelt and unhinged at the same time. I really need to find my folders from this past fall but I keep forgetting this thread exists.

Maybe someday Ill get a VR rig, drop a bunch of 'cid and fly over the abandoned wastes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Hello John I am a 30 foot female dracula with cocks for fingers and im looking for garfield insurance

*adjusts tie, coughs

Well sir or ma'am, life insurance is an important ASSET to leave to your children, some liken it to GOLD.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
It's still a fun chill plays to hang out with my online friend group where everyone is in different countries or states, especially if you embrace the wildness of the game.
I joined in 2014 way past the heyday and thought it was dying then, but now it's like a sad ghost town as soon as we leave our little private areas.
I get blocked or kicked out on sight most places I go because a lot of the oldbie players assume Unfamiliar User = Troll. I use a furry avatar because the realistic human avatars look uncanny as gently caress, which only adds to people assuming I'm here to grief. As a result, I have a Goku avatar that I put festive hats on for when I'm going out into the world because people trust Goku more than a bunny, I guess.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

meirl

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't want to google it but I remember a funny open mic night where someone went up and just had a giant dick jizzing on everyone. The crowd was not happy.

Something like that. It was funny.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Didn't some goons spam a "serious investment in virtual property" talk with tons of dicks just raining from the sky?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

w-hat reunion when?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

w-hat reunion when?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Internetjack posted:

Didn't some goons spam a "serious investment in virtual property" talk with tons of dicks just raining from the sky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29361_XFpTc

https://www.somethingawful.com/second-life-safari/room-101-vs/1/

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 24, 2024

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This one had me laughing like an idiot.

edit: oh whoops, this is garry's mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDq35rObV4

"This is the pleece, to the pleece: 20k, pleece."
Never gets old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Yeah, that cracks me up all these years later. Truly an epic moment for SA griefers.