Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, 500+ new posts and some really ominous tweets at the beginning really set a different tone than the "most of the people who took part in the lovely propaganda show are being mildly inconvenienced" conclusion we seem to have come to. I mean, obviously good that's all but this thread started in a different place.

Although it IS funny that Vince and the upper echelon left them behind and you're only inconvenienced if you're demonstrably worth less to WWE.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like the answer is going to be somewhere in the middle. Like Vince got into an argument with some KSA official and they grounded the talents plane to teach him who's in charge.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Man, 500+ new posts and some really ominous tweets at the beginning really set a different tone than the "most of the people who took part in the lovely propaganda show are being mildly inconvenienced" conclusion we seem to have come to. I mean, obviously good that's all but this thread started in a different place.

Although it IS funny that Vince and the upper echelon left them behind and you're only inconvenienced if you're demonstrably worth less to WWE.

It did tell us who the WWE feels is over versus who they don’t feel is worth it or over!

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
I kind of want to watch Smackdown because if there is ever a night the John Morrison card gets played this would be it.

But I also don’t want to torture myself.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Gumball Gumption posted:

I feel like the answer is going to be somewhere in the middle. Like Vince got into an argument with some KSA official and they grounded the talents plane to teach him who's in charge.

Vince and MBS had a negotiation and it went pretty much like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPyFFE8VbcA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Renee, Tom Phillips and Aiden English calling SD tonight so I guess Cole and Graves are two of the people who got stranded. :laffo:

Gumball Gumption posted:

A rumor I've heard is that KSA is witholding money for the last KSA show.

Like, of course, Vince will put up with everything else, but if you're late with his money, gently caress off.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MJeff posted:

I guess Cole and Graves are two of the people who got stranded. :laffo:

You just hate to see it

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

lol They'll murder journalists but not wrestlers

There'd be way more backlash over the latter.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm not sure how they managed it, but they kinda made me want to watch Smackdown for the first time since the premiere. I want to see how this ends.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

They're just going to keep adding photoshop layers til Nikki looks like Emmalina

MJeff posted:

Renee, Tom Phillips and Aiden English calling SD tonight so I guess Cole and Graves are two of the people who got stranded. :laffo:

Aiden finally returns? Haven't seen him on Smackdown since he did his Lana cuck angle.

Cole and Graves might not be stranded. The plane with the 20 people who got off was too late to make it to the start of the show.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 2, 2019

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Teddybear posted:

I'm not sure how they managed it, but they kinda made me want to watch Smackdown for the first time since the premiere. I want to see how this ends.

Probably with everyone returning home, jetlagged but put right back on the road, a "thank you" tweet to Saudi Arabia for all the help and a "meh" smackdown where they make a cheeky joke or two and then "NEVER BEFORE SEEN NXT VS SMACKDOWN MATCHES"

...I'll be catching up on newlegacyinc breaking the gently caress out of 2k20

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=130967

quote:

STATEMENT FROM ATLAS AIR ON WWE TRAVEL ISSUES

By Mike Johnson on 2019-11-01 18:25:00

Atlas Air, the charter jet company that was traveling WWE talents from Saudi Arabia to The United States, issued the following statement:

“A chartered WWE passenger flight operated by Atlas Air is currently delayed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia due to a mechanical issue. The flight was scheduled to depart at 0300 local time on November 1. Our top priority is always to ensure our passengers arrive safely and on time at their destination. The aircraft is being repaired and will be inspected and certified before returning to service to transport our passengers to their final destination. We regret that operational disruptions delayed the flight and apologize to our passengers who were inconvenienced.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The absolute loving state of that bayley photoshopping

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

i think we all know what's really going on here

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

that's some kinda mechanical issue

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Haha, WWE will just break even on this fiasco by having to pay Brock for an extra day.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The absolute loving state of that bayley photoshopping

It's like she is doing the dreamworks smirk but only with her mouth and not with the eyes.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
excited to see Nikki Cross take on Gene Simmons tonight

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
man atlas air must have vince by the balls if they absolutely cannot cancel the plane contract apparently

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Listen we can’t help Bayley and well, all the women in wrestling, are not pretty enough so they have to be photoshopped. It’s just the way it is.

They’re just not pretty enough. It’s a bummer.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Listen we can’t help Bayley and well, all the women in wrestling, are not pretty enough so they have to be photoshopped. It’s just the way it is.

its just bayley

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man atlas air must have vince by the balls if they absolutely cannot cancel the plane contract apparently

This contract cannot be cancelled FOR ANY REASON!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Teddybear posted:

Just in the last couple of months this company has been a train wreck on par with or worse than late stage WCW. I can't look away.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I think they just glued a different head on Nikki

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://youtu.be/uKd-RRDi81M

I've been watching this weird as gently caress guy for years. He has bad opinions but his dedication to his multiple gimmicks and the kind of Harmony Korine esque strangeness of it all keeps me coming back.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 2, 2019

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

atlas shrugged

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I've been watching this weird as gently caress guy for years. He has bad opinions but his dedication to his multiple gimmicks and the kind of Harmony Korine esque strangeness of it all keeps me coming back.

yo everyone click on this. see what i’ve Seen.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Probably a bad idea to hire AEW’s security company’s airline subsidiary, what do I know?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Eat My Fuc posted:

What the gently caress is happening.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress is happening.

The rabbit hole with this guy is very weird, like a bad salvia trip focused on WWE. I think he’s an AEW fan but hates Marko Stunt a lot.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vince is a genius. Leaves the Smackdown roster behind, and Smackdown fills it with NXT and is currently putting on the WWE TV Show of the Year according to what I’m hearing.

All is forgiven for Blood Money clearly. Hail Satan.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
WWE is completely shook. They're doing AmDrag vs Adam Cole for the NXT title. Watch them move the single draw in the company over to NXT to try and scrape ratings. :v:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This is the best Smackdown since the move to Fox, I expected AEW to push them to turn up but they haven’t until now and it’s frustrating.

If Danielson ends up NXT champ then i’m watching NXT live every Wednesday.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

WWE is completely shook. They're doing AmDrag vs Adam Cole for the NXT title. Watch them move the single draw in the company over to NXT to try and scrape ratings. :v:

Just shuffle everybody around and they’ll eliminate all their competition again. Seriously.

People want to see NXT on the main programs.

It’s absolutely working tonight. Haven’t seen this kind of praise across the board in a long time.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Apparently it just turned to poo poo again so :shrug:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Spoke too soon. Stephanie came in and has completely hosed everything up. Carry on all. False alarm.

Thank god.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It's almost like a house show, and my hot take is that if WWE TV was anything like their house shows, WWE TV would actually be fun to watch.

e: nm Steph

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They already hooked everybody back in with this poo poo. It’s unbelievable. Herd them sheep.

Hell, I bet NXT gonna see a ratings bump out the rear end next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AliWWE/status/1190439799624290305?s=20