Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WWE Weekly Threads will continue through October and then go monthly from November onwards.

WWE Champions - Click for pictures/details etc.

Raw: Universal Champion Seth Rollins | Women’s Champion Becky Lynch | United States Champion AJ Styles | Tag Champions The Viking Raiders | Women’s Tag Champions The Kabuki Warriors | 24/7 Champion Sunil Singh
Smackdown: WWE Champion Brock Lesnar | Women’s Champion Bayley | Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura | Tag Champions The Revival | Women’s Tag Champions The Kabuki Warriors
NXT: NXT Champion Adam Cole | Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler | North American Champion Roderick Strong | Cruiserweight Champion Lio Rush | Tag Champions The Undisputed Era
NXT UK: UK Champion WALTER | Women’s Champion Kay Lee Ray | Tag Team Champions Gallus

Raw Results 10/28:
  • Detailed results here.
  • Paige returned as the Kabuki Warriors' manager. Asuka spat green mist in her face during a promo.
  • Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch defeated Kairi Sane in a singles match.
  • Buddy Murphy defeated R-Truth in a singles match. The 24/7 Title was involved.
  • AOP did a backstage promo, The Street Profits did a promo in the ring and through the crowd.
  • Ricochet defeated Drew McIntyre by DQ in a singles match after Randy Orton hit an amazing RKO out of nowhere on Ricochet.
  • The Viking Raiders defeated a couple of jobbers wearing Chicago sports merch in a tag match.
  • Andrade defeated Sin Cara in a singles match, despite the presence of Sin Cara's new valet Catalina.
  • Codependent Poster posted:

lol so they announced her as Catalina but the chyron said Carolina so they hosed up on her name
  • Charlotte Flair and Nattie Neidhart defeated The IIconics in a tag match.
  • Universal Champion Seth Rollins did a promo backstage about Erick Rowan and The Fiend.
  • Seth Rollins defeated Erick Rowan in a Falls Count Anywhere match, getting a driver to lower a forklift pallet onto Rowan to make the pin.
  • Aleister Black did a backstage promo.
  • United States Champion AJ Styles defeated Humberto Carrillo in a singles match. The Street Profits saved Humberto from an OC beatdown after the match.
  • The literal main event of Raw was "The Divorce Court" hosted by Jerry The King Lawler with guests Rusev and Lana.
  • Codependent Poster posted:

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's get ready to CUCK IT
  • Literally one of the worst segments in all pro-wrestling history ended the show.

NXT Results 10/30:
  • Detailed results here
  • Poppy did a musical number to start the show.
  • Io Shirai defeated Candice LaRae in a singles match. Rhea Ripley saved Candice from a beatdown afterwards.
  • Finn Balor did an in-ring promo about his heel turn last week.
  • Bronson Reed defeated Shane Thorne in a singles match.
  • The Kabuki Warriors (C) defeated Dakota Kai and Tegan Nox to retain the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles
  • NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler and her cronies attacked Dakota after the match. A big brawl happened involving a number of women wrestlers and William Regal announced a Wargames match at the next Takeover.
  • Cameron Grimes defeated Tyler Bate in a singles match.
  • The Undisputed Era retained their NXT Tag Titles in a tag match against Keith Lee and Matt Riddle.
  • Tommaso Ciampa saved Lee and Riddle from a beatdown postmatch, and declared to "Goldie" (The NXT Championship) that he was "going to war".
  • WWE Champion Brock Lesnar submitted Cain Velasquez in a quick match to retain his title.
  • The OC (Anderson and Gallows) won the Tag Team Turmoil match.
  • Mansoor defeated Cesaro in a singles match.
  • Tyson Fury defeated Braun Strowman by contour in a singles match.
  • United States Champion AJ Styles defeated Humberto Carrillo to retain his title.
  • Natalya defeated Lacey Evans in a singles match.
  • Team Hogan defeated Team Flair in a 10-man tag match.
  • The Fiend Bray Wyatt defeated Seth Rollins (C) to win the Universal Championship.

Click the below quote to follow an amazing rabbit hole of WWE's monolithic racism.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

add this to the OP

WWE on Fox at least had a modicum of self-awareness and apologized for the latter post fairly quickly.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

“They’ll regret watching this...”

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/J_Hussain05/status/1188946578498818048

I no longer feel bad for EC3's situation, and actively encourage WWE to make him more miserable there since he's clearly determined to make sure no non-white talent is allowed to complain about similar treatment

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That apology from WWE on Fox is pretty weak. It feels like they think they said the wrong name instead of dealing with the real problem with their reply.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hurricane hasn't been over a day in his life.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

thread titles delivered

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
wwe's three core principals in 2019: blood money, cucking, and blackface

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In the interests of positivity, I really, really enjoyed Kairi vs. Becky. I thought it was a really good match and I loved the pre-match stuff with Asuka having enough of Paige trying to hitch her wagon back to their star and blasting green mist in her face.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They had some good matches tonight but man oh man that last image was super creepy and super uncomfortable and not the way you want to end a show.

Becky should be featured a lot more than she is, and so should Asuka and Kairi.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I looked back at Raw at the end just to see how bad it had gotten and heard commentary calling Bobby a bull and then someone in the crowd very audibly yelling "this is weird" as the show faded out on Bobby and Lana making out over Rusev's dickmangled corpse

Raw's back on track everybody

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
que sera, sera

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Jerusalem posted:

In the interests of positivity, I really, really enjoyed Kairi vs. Becky. I thought it was a really good match and I loved the pre-match stuff with Asuka having enough of Paige trying to hitch her wagon back to their star and blasting green mist in her face.

I tuned in late (turned it on out of boredom, don't normally watch), and I'd like to add to the positive column that Erick Rowan seems pretty cool, I hope he gets to do things someday.

Also forklift spot kind of seems like it would have been better saved for the Fiend, but what do I know.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Feature all women in angles where they are cheating on their significant other, preferably with black males. Feature even more unlikeable characters, people love to hate watch.

That is my gameplan for success with WWE in 2020

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I missed this because RAW has a perception filter and I am somehow forced to look at anything but it when it's on.

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1188988072035344386

Holy gently caress. How can you even bump like that?!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jerusalem posted:

Hell, you sold me. Subscribed to the network again

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Feature all women in angles where they are cheating on their significant other, preferably with black males. Feature even more unlikeable characters, people love to hate watch.

That is my gameplan for success with WWE in 2020

WWE Vision 2020.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hurricane hasn't been over a day in his life.

https://twitter.com/WhipDatHoe/status/1188954479133114368

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I missed this because RAW has a perception filter and I am somehow forced to look at anything but it when it's on.

He’s a real life Spider-Man

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

He tried to kill him with a forklift?

ole

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Great show!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/J_Hussain05/status/1188946578498818048

I no longer feel bad for EC3's situation, and actively encourage WWE to make him more miserable there since he's clearly determined to make sure no non-white talent is allowed to complain about similar treatment

I feel like EC3's response is sarcastic or something because he's been obviously airing his frustration on Twitter at the very least. I hope.

e: I see now this was discussed in the social media thread.

Erebus posted:

I looked back at Raw at the end just to see how bad it had gotten and heard commentary calling Bobby a bull and then someone in the crowd very audibly yelling "this is weird" as the show faded out on Bobby and Lana making out over Rusev's dickmangled corpse

No way this actually happened, right? :psypop:

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 29, 2019

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

- Aleister Black did a backstage promo

:smithicide:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erebus posted:

quote:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This Rusev/Lashley/Lana thing can only end in one way really... Lana actually gets pregnant in real life and the whole angle is dropped. Just like they did with the engagement and the Dolph storyline.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I'm sure the kids in the front row appreciated this.

Absolute trash.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

WrasslorMonkey posted:

hanging with kota ibushi too much

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

So I kept checking in occasionally and then turning off when they promoted the King's divorce court bullshit because it reminded me that was still to come and literally anything is better than this

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So if I’m reading this correct:

1) #1 most watched segment on YouTube for the past Raws: all the cuck ones. No, I’m not kidding.

2) Sean Sapp idiot dude just posted a tweet that he’s come full circle and can’t turn away from the cuck storyline.

3) The cuck storyline is the most popular storyline in WWE currently, to the point it’s being praised on many boards and comments on the internet.

Vince (Young) McMahon: Just. Wins. Games.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I hope it turns out that rusev was cheating on Lana with lashley and that this has all been a giant ruse....ev

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
This IS going to turn out to be some trick on Lashley by Rusev, right? I mean it’s obvious, but that’s how WWE goes. Is that too optimistic for this?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

only temporary posted:

This IS going to turn out to be some trick on Lashley by Rusev, right? I mean it’s obvious, but that’s how WWE goes. Is that too optimistic for this?

this storyline is meant to end in a real divorce.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So if I’m reading this correct:

1) #1 most watched segment on YouTube for the past Raws: all the cuck ones. No, I’m not kidding.

Isn't like 80% of their YouTube numbers from India?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

only temporary posted:

After several weeks of beat downs and looking like the biggest loser ever Rusev reveals this was all so he could leave Lana and collect her fortune through a fine print prenup clause she signed unknowingly.

In the back, a figure in the shadows smiles, as now his plan to get revenge on the undertaker is 41% complete.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

explosivo posted:

Isn't like 80% of their YouTube numbers from India?

80% of their youtube numbers are paid for

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey. I'm just checking on you all since I stopped watching WWE. Are you all doing okay? Anything I can do to help? :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

In the back, a figure in the shadows smiles, as now his plan to get revenge on the undertaker is 41% complete.

The 41% completion point of his plan marks the actual 32% completion of his plan, it's just that complicated!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I respect WWE leaning into every terrible decision its making even harder and digging itself in deeper to some of the absolute dirt worst poo poo.

Practically daring its entire roster to not renew its contracts.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
King- "USE YOUR SUPERPOWERS RICOCHET!"

Spoken with true child like sincerity and concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

WWE Weekly Threads will continue through October and then go monthly from November onwards.

we made it, friends. the final countdown :woop: