Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
every
Apr 24, 2008

Georgia football owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

every posted:

Georgia football owns

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Georgia is going to get beaten by Kentucky after that wide receiver gets suspended for that women's bookclub waiving his dues and lending him a copy of The Secret

every
Apr 24, 2008

Raku posted:

Georgia is going to get beaten by Kentucky after that wide receiver gets suspended for that women's bookclub waiving his dues and lending him a copy of The Secret

Would be ok w dat. Burn it all down

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alouicious posted:

nothing embodies Florida football better than a 5 star quarterback recruit who can't throw a loving football

I should write a book.

Great Expectations: A chronicle from Sabelhaus to Driskel

Dango Bango posted:

I really hope Treon Harris' accuser withdrew because she was actually lying or something and not because of stupid fans or (especially) his attorney using the "but she was a slut" defense.

I really hope this isn't the case.

I am pretty hopeful that it turned out to be bogus because universities never go from investigation to reinstatement, with full transparency, in only 5 days. There must've been a serious lack of evidence and gaping inconsistencies in the story.

With the current climate in the NCAA and the NFL about sexual assault and domestic violence, it seemed like things were handled swiftly and professionally.

E: Wrong quote used. gently caress.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 10, 2014

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I tend to agree. When it comes to sexual assault, I generally immediately assume the worst, but if Florida feels that they can resolve it that quickly they really must be comfortable enough to stand by it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Morby posted:

I tend to agree. When it comes to sexual assault, I generally immediately assume the worst, but if Florida feels that they can resolve it that quickly they really must be comfortable enough to stand by it.

Its amazing what happens when you actually investigate these things in a timely manner.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Raku posted:

The facts of the Harris case didn't make sense to begin with, and felt fake to me. Winston definitely raped somebody, but I think with Harris she got cold feet after the fact or something. Lots of sorority types like to party and then start looking at things differently when they find out everybody on earth is going to know what they did.

Yeah people just bring rape charges all the time to avoid a little egg on their face. Those vapid sorority slores.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I think raku's been cheeky.

But I'm wrong pretty drat often

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

swickles posted:

Its amazing what happens when you actually investigate these things in a timely manner.

Or agressively sweep it under the rug. :shrug:

Florida State should be taking notes.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 10, 2014

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

I think raku's been cheeky.

But I'm wrong pretty drat often

Just for the record, I quoted/responded to the wrong comment....

I was referring to this:

Dango Bango posted:

I really hope Treon Harris' accuser withdrew because she was actually lying or something and not because of stupid fans or (especially) his attorney using the "but she was a slut" defense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well both statements where odd, but at least Dango seems to have good intentions.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well both statements where odd, but at least Dango seems to have good intentions.

I think he's just saying that he hopes it wasn't swept under the rug or that she wasn't pressured into dropping the charges.

And I agree.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I was saying that the FSU story seemed to have facts to back it up even months later, while the Treon Harris investigation had "she said" vs "everyone else said," apparently. And that does lead to doubting the motives of the alleged victim.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
catching up with the thread and i saw the word parity and just felt like letting y'all know that it made me laugh

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wow. It was really nice of the FSU campus police/university to give the original police reports to the defense attorney before the state attorney even knew about the case. Fox Sports just posted this:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...fscom:foxsports

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
e: Whoops, missed the part about handing to the defense attorney before state attorney.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I think he's just saying that he hopes it wasn't swept under the rug or that she wasn't pressured into dropping the charges.

And I agree.

Yeah, this is what I meant. My bad if it was worded poorly.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Up to 400$ is a quarter of the season, unless you are Johnny Manziel then you get half a game.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Up to 400$ is a quarter of the season, unless you are Johnny Manziel then you get half a game.

Somebody mentioned the fact that Manziel's autograph investigation occurred during the offseason, while Gurley's is obviously going on during the season. On the surface that seems to be the only difference between the two.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dattserberg posted:

Somebody mentioned the fact that Manziel's autograph investigation occurred during the offseason, while Gurley's is obviously going on during the season. On the surface that seems to be the only difference between the two.

I know, its sour grapes and all that. I have a feeling that because the broker is known, Gurley is going to have the book thrown at him. Again, he broke a (lovely) rule, but unless the broker produces evidence about paying cash money and Gurley doesn't cop to it, I don't know how they could justify a suspension longer than tomorrow with just he said she said.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/10/the-state-law-that-offers-legal-revenge-for-the-loss-of-todd-gurley/

ahahahaha if this idiot goes to jail over being pissed at gurly

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

there is an amazing reality show to be made in taking exchange students from various countries at SEC schools and teaching them the ins and outs of college football and the ncaa. when you explain the chain of events that leads to autographs and money causing criminal investigations and death threats and congressional action the look on their faces as they realize how deep the rabbit hole of american insanity goes would be incredible. and then you get to tell them how condaleezza rice fits into the picture

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

The NCAA didn't punish him at all because they couldn't find proof he took money. The half was from A&M

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

The NCAA didn't punish him at all because they couldn't find proof he took money. The half was from A&M

Yeah I know, its just sour grapes like I said. I'm just ready for tomorrow to come and go. It sucks not to have him play, but it will be exciting to see how Chubb handles taking the load for the team.

Dick jokes.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Chubb nick chubb erection semi-ereciton penis boner running back boner running for semi- blood-filled penises

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
You have to have ALREADY won the Heisman to get time off in autograph selling schemes.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

If I remember right, the Downtown Athletic Club just invites however many finalists they want to New York, not like a fixed top five. If Gurley's done it might be a small guest list this year. There's Bryce Petty, whichever QB wins the SEC West... I guess Winston again?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Funny but no way he'll end up in jail. You can't retroactively criminalize past actions.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If I remember right, the Downtown Athletic Club just invites however many finalists they want to New York, not like a fixed top five. If Gurley's done it might be a small guest list this year. There's Bryce Petty, whichever QB wins the SEC West... I guess Winston again?

Winstons stats suck. Maybe not in him.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If Notre Dame goes undefeated or only loses to FSU, my guess is Everett Golson gets invited. In fact, I'd put money on it, barring injury or complete meltdown.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'd say Winston will almost certainly not be invited back. He hasn't been even close to last year's level.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Eltoasto posted:

Wow. It was really nice of the FSU campus police/university to give the original police reports to the defense attorney before the state attorney even knew about the case. Fox Sports just posted this:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...fscom:foxsports

The NYT has an article related to this too: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html?smid=tw-share

quote:

But new information has recently emerged, as part of The Times’s continuing examination of the case, indicating that it was Florida State’s athletic department that decided the allegation did not merit a university investigation. Normally, university officials outside the department handle such matters.

Frinkahedron fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 11, 2014

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

FSU could get super hosed if this is all true. Good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:stonk:

This looks really damning. PR nightmare at a minimum.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

FSU could get super hosed if this is all true. Good.

Right in time for Notre Dame to come to town next week. :getin:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Yeah. It's starting to sound like things could get bad for FSU.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
And now ESPN's turn: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11678392/florida-state-seminoles-quarterback-jameis-winston-facing-disciplinary-hearing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Good. gently caress 'em. Burn it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Am I the only one that pictures these lawyers for Jameis Winston and Treon Harris as the scummy lawyer from The Wire?

• Locked thread