Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Chaos reigns and all refs suck.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Alouicious posted:

The Arizona Cardinals are going 19-0 and the Arizona Wildcats are going 15-0

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 3, 2014

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Get the number right Ramadu.

15-0

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Get the number right Ramadu.

15-0

Whoops!!!

WOOOOOOO BEAR DOWN gently caress THE DUCKS

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Phase one of operation chaos is complete.

Also, I won my first ever aftermath title! (Fine, it wasn't my idea, but it was my phrasing!)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I had my doubts but I think Arizona might be an actual good team.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

At this point I think Oklahoma/Baylor will be the defining game of the season.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I for one find it hilarious that Arizona played Duck Hunt right as the new Smash Bros game was released, among other reasons actually related to football and fandom.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Manoueverable posted:

I for one find it hilarious that Arizona played Duck Hunt right as the new Smash Bros game was released, among other reasons actually related to football and fandom.

https://twitter.com/AZATHLETICS/status/517917935759671296/photo/1

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Thursday games own when it's your team because you can ride high all weekend long and not stress. Just drink and enjoy some football.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Qwijib0 posted:

I had my doubts but I think Arizona might be an actual good team.

It may also be that Oregon is not very good, seeing as they should have lost to Washington State as well. But Arizona did not choke it away, so there's that.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This loving owns.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Abugadu posted:

It may also be that Oregon is not very good, seeing as they should have lost to Washington State as well. But Arizona did not choke it away, so there's that.
Hard to judge a team based on scheduled cupcakes and a hail mary. Oregon I think is not a Great team anymore, but they are still very good, and so this is an actual quality win that is worth judging the team on.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

SaltLick posted:

Thursday games own when it's your team because you can ride high all weekend long and not stress. Just drink and enjoy some football.

Early games on Saturday own for the same reason

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

What's that we used to say back in the day? Oh. Yeah.

gently caress this gay earth.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

Hard to judge a team based on scheduled cupcakes and a hail mary. Oregon I think is not a Great team anymore, but they are still very good, and so this is an actual quality win that is worth judging the team on.

I honestly don't know what to think. There was some really good reasons to be concerned about Arizona before this game, and I think this might be a fluke, but gently caress it, I'm going to enjoy this for now.

GirlBones
Jun 10, 2007
I am not very good at the internet
Two in a row! wheeeeee!

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Abugadu posted:

Oregon is very good, but the o-line is mostly second stringers and that derailed the offense. That plus first down and half the distance to the goal at the end of the 4th quarter for the crime of having fun meant a loss.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pac-12 refs or no, the Duck tears are delicious. Thanks, RichRod.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Thank you Cats, almost upset I was at a concert instead of watching the Oregon implosion. Wooo

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Chaos rules but this fucks MSU hard.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The flag on that sack celebration was preposterous.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

davecrazy posted:

The flag on that sack celebration was preposterous.

More or less than the bullshit grounding call that got them in that situation?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Ramadu posted:

Don't know, didn't see it. I have no rooting interest in either team, was a BS call.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Michigan should hire this Rich Rodriquez fellow. He seems good at turning programs around.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ramadu posted:

More, distinctly so.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chump Farts posted:

Chaos rules but this fucks MSU hard.

I still think we're in if we win out.

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.

davecrazy posted:

Don't know, didn't see it. I have no rooting interest in either team, was a BS call.

Maybe a bad rule but a good call, given the situation is explicitly described in the NCAA officiating rules:

quote:

No player, substitute, coach or other person subject to the rules shall use abusive, threatening or obscene language or gestures, or engage in such acts that provoke ill will or are demeaning to an opponent, to game officials or to the image of the game, including but not limited to: ...
(h) Going into the stands to interact with spectators, or bowing at the waist after a good play.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Happy Oregon Lost Day, everyone.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol get hosed Oregon

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The Big 12 is gonna send two teams to the playoffs after the SEC beats itself up inshallah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Yates posted:

Michigan should hire this Rich Rodriquez fellow. He seems good at turning programs around.

People pretending that he genuinely didn't do a bad job there is gonna get really annoying

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Since I got confused by which was the right aftermath thread :downs: let me just put this here.

After waking up I'm still pretty pumped about last night. It's time Greg Byrne brings the massive dumptrucks of money around to RichRod, he's loving earned it.

Also Scooby owns.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

The Big 12 is gonna send two teams to the playoffs after the SEC beats itself up inshallah

I will never stop laughing if that happens especially because every ESPN discussion of the playoff is basically "use this time to accept that there will be 2-3 SEC teams in the playoff."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
there probably should be

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Under the infallible transitive property of football, Oregon is 10 points better than UTSA

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView posted:

there probably should be

Depending on how stuff plays out I can definitely see some scenarios where 2 is not that crazy, especially if the ACC and the B1G beat themselves up real bad. 3 though? That would be some serious bullshit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thermos H Christ posted:

Depending on how stuff plays out I can definitely see some scenarios where 2 is not that crazy, especially if the ACC and the B1G beat themselves up real bad. 3 though? That would be some serious bullshit.

That's generally my thoughts: TA&M and Alabama, okay, but if you're throwing a one-loss SEC team in there over a one-loss Big XII team, then the whole point of the playoffs is missed, which is competitive matches that no one's seen before and haven't been decided elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thermos H Christ posted:

and the B1G beat themselves up real bad

this is kind of assuming the B1G was starting from any position of strength, through :v:

• Locked thread