Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So lets say that they find that FSU really hosed the pooch on this one and ruined the police investigation as is very much indicated, we know they stripped wins from Pen State, but could the NCAA say the same thing for last season for FSU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

You know what this story needs?

Hookers and stripper abortions.

Where's the abortions FSU?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

So lets say that they find that FSU really hosed the pooch on this one and ruined the police investigation as is very much indicated, we know they stripped wins from Pen State, but could the NCAA say the same thing for last season for FSU?

I mean, there's no limits to what the NCAA may or may not do. Seemingly they punish at random.

Having said that, it would defy logic for them to do that. Certainly they need some real internal affairs investigation to straighten out their PD and there will probably be a reexamination of the allegations.

They might crush them for lack of institutional control or something like that, but the problem is bigger than the university really.

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
Winston's acts described in the Times article should be saved somewhere by NFL. If this retard whines about CTE or something after his career, they can prove that he was already brain damaged when they got him. After you get away from allegations of rape, you record and put on the net a clip of yourself singing about not taking no for an answer...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

LeeMajors posted:

Good. gently caress 'em. Burn it down.

Ban all Florida schools from football.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

KKKLIP ART posted:

You might say they could get hosed, right in the pussy

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

We're banning ourselves already, by being lovely.

We are proactive.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Finishing second behind teams that technically did not win a football game that year twice in the span of a decade is the most Auburn outcome of all.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Great, Alabama now gets to claim another championship.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Crotch Bat posted:

Can this be extended to the nfl?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

nachos posted:

Can this be extended to the nfl?

Dissolve the Heat and we have a deal

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
it's a hard and tough decision but if the NCAA comes out and says that Kent State needs to take all of the florida state players then i guess we will take one for the team and welcome them aboard

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

it's a hard and tough decision but if the NCAA comes out and says that Kent State needs to take all of the florida state players then i guess we will take one for the team and welcome them aboard

Well, you know they won't take 'no' for an answer.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Dissolve the Heat and we have a deal

the ultimate bargaining chip

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
2015 Kent State Starting Quarterback Jame Witson

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Crotch Bat posted:

I am now wondering if any DI Florida school has not had a scandal of some sort. Besides UF and FSU, you've got USF (the circumstances of Jim Leavitt's firing), UCF (Ereck Plancher), FIU (the brawl against Miami), Miami (everything)...

Has FAU done anything? The closest I can think of was their stadium naming rights thing, but they never actually got as far as renaming the stadium.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Basil Hayden posted:

I am now wondering if any DI Florida school has not had a scandal of some sort. Besides UF and FSU, you've got USF (the circumstances of Jim Leavitt's firing), UCF (Ereck Plancher), FIU (the brawl against Miami), Miami (everything)...

Has FAU done anything? The closest I can think of was their stadium naming rights thing, but they never actually got as far as renaming the stadium.

UF had a child support/improper benefits thing in the 80s, Tank Black in the 90s (that didn't really go anywhere). Generally nothing terribly damning though.

Aaron Hernandez managed to be a murderer on his own time, but he wasn't really doing it in university facilities, or with the complicity of the staff.

Does Treon's thing count? Or all the weed charges?

E: I just realized that by pointing out that UF seems clean by comparison, the whole state is a cesspool of scandal. Yikes.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 11, 2014

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Basil Hayden posted:

Didn't Carl pelini do blow or something before they fired him

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

FAU is not exactly athletic, but the FAU president had to resign after hitting a student with her car.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Didn't Carl pelini do blow or something before they fired him

Oh yeah that's right. Seven for seven then, for this rather vague and loose definition of "athletic-related scandal" I'm using at least.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I don't know if it's the NCAA they have to worry about. Isn't there a federal investigation going on right now? Sexual assault on college campuses is currently a big public dialogue, so someone could be looking to make a statement.

The things the news articles have brought up, the preemptive press release and the school investigation now make it seem like there's something here.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If I remember right, the Downtown Athletic Club just invites however many finalists they want to New York, not like a fixed top five. If Gurley's done it might be a small guest list this year. There's Bryce Petty, whichever QB wins the SEC West... I guess Winston again?

Ameer had a bad showing, but he'll probably bounce back into it in a few weeks (not so good competition coming up). If he gets a rematch chance against MSU in the championship game it could give a good final boost to cancel out the prior showing.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

limeincoke posted:

Ameer had a bad showing, but he'll probably bounce back into it in a few weeks (not so good competition coming up). If he gets a rematch chance against MSU in the championship game it could give a good final boost to cancel out the prior showing.
No way they'd risk the controversy of inviting Mohammed so close to Ground Zero.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Neil Armbong posted:

I don't know if it's the NCAA they have to worry about. Isn't there a federal investigation going on right now? Sexual assault on college campuses is currently a big public dialogue, so someone could be looking to make a statement.

The things the news articles have brought up, the preemptive press release and the school investigation now make it seem like there's something here.

A bit is going on. Jameis's attorney wants the title ix investigation to happen soon as their route is their notion that the other attorneys are sandbagging the investigation. In his release he goes after FSU for not being timely in its execution (a claim needs to be investigated within 60 days or something). In response to jameis's attorney impugning the admin and the following statements from her attorneys, fsu put together and released the timeline saying they kept up with their end. Fwiw we thought the NYT story would drop next week and didn't know about the accusation that the athletic department told the university to not investigate. The reporter for the Tampa bay times who began the story, matt baker, tweeted that he didn't break that part of the story because his editors thought that particular evidence they had was too murky. NYT might hav e something he doesn't? I dunno.

Anyway, FSU seems to be washing their hands of this in the sense that they're having a third party handle whether or not they performed their own policies, with this hearing, if I'm reading it right

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 11, 2014

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

limeincoke posted:

While it wouldn't have made much of a difference in hindsight, I'm still a bit pissed at Armstrong for misreading the zone read so many times and not pulling the ball.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sounds like a case of "lack of institutional control." Nuke the whole town.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Arkane posted:

Sounds like a case of "lack of institutional control." Nuke the whole town.

lets just go ahead and take this opportunity to dump florida as a whole. give it to cuba

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Notre Dame needs to teach FSU how to properly cover up rape allegations.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Notre Dame needs to teach FSU how to properly cover up rape allegations.

letting the victim survive long enough to report the attack is something fsu will have to fix if they want the acc to compete with the big guys

OBR
Apr 9, 2009

Arkane posted:

Sounds like a case of "lack of institutional control."

They have the Police Department under the Athletic Department. I would not say they are lacking control.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

pac 12 network is showing a replay of the 88 wsu/ucla game, in which the consensus #1 aikman bruins were upset by the unranked cougs. game called by keith jackson. owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzIc4AU5ZU

also our library digitized a shitload of game film. theres some all 22 but there are all kinds of awesome old games going back to the 1916 rose bowl vs brown (cougs won 14-0)
http://libraries.wsu.edu/masc/footballfilms

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I don't know if it makes any difference, but at UF the University PD is an offshoot of the Florida Highway Patrol, and I believe the major universities have their own offshoots. The point is, just because its the UPD taking the case doesn't necessarily mean its under the purview of the University system. Basically, if it happens on campus it goes to UPD, which is comprised of the same people who are also in the state police system assigned there. If it happens off campus, it goes to the local PD. What I am trying to say is that based on recent evidence, the UPD's are more objective since they require a higher level of training, and are randomly assigned, than any local PD around a college campus.

Not sure how this affects anything, but just trying to clarify some misunderstandings I read earlier.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

I don't know if it makes any difference, but at UF the University PD is an offshoot of the Florida Highway Patrol, and I believe the major universities have their own offshoots. The point is, just because its the UPD taking the case doesn't necessarily mean its under the purview of the University system. Basically, if it happens on campus it goes to UPD, which is comprised of the same people who are also in the state police system assigned there. If it happens off campus, it goes to the local PD. What I am trying to say is that based on recent evidence, the UPD's are more objective since they require a higher level of training, and are randomly assigned, than any local PD around a college campus.

Not sure how this affects anything, but just trying to clarify some misunderstandings I read earlier.

I believe that all campus PD's at public universities fall under the state police organizationally; at least that's what I was told by one of the captains that works at LSU.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress the TPD forever and ever amen.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

wheez the roux posted:

letting the victim survive long enough to report the attack is something fsu will have to fix if they want the acc to compete with the big guys

holy poo poo

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If I remember right, the Downtown Athletic Club just invites however many finalists they want to New York, not like a fixed top five. If Gurley's done it might be a small guest list this year. There's Bryce Petty, whichever QB wins the SEC West... I guess Winston again?

JT Barrett's gonna win the Heisman, y'all.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kittenmittons posted:

JT Barrett's gonna win the Heisman, y'all.

Naw, but Ezekial Elliott could get an invite if he continues to run for 130+ a game. Not going to win, but would fill a seat.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/11/jameis-winston-florida-state-disciplinary-hearing

Gonna drop this here

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i want the week 7 aftermath so i can say baylor, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

anne frank fanfic posted:

i want the week 7 aftermath so i can say baylor, bitch

Thank goodness you didn't go down, I don't think I could have handled another Big XII front-runner loving up down the stretch and letting another SEC team in.

• Locked thread