Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Tony Perkins was a cop for 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm really glad you have that av Mo_Steel.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I'm really glad you have that av Mo_Steel.

I always prefer this version rather than Mark Levine but they can both be Master Shake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikUcRUbZbas

e: All our other freedoms rest on religious freedom? :pwn: Even gun rights?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dana is a wretched woman

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
"What if you're stoned for being gay while walking down the street?" ~A Christian arguing for more religion in the public realm.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

These people are being dragged into the 21st century and it is delicious

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Christians a protected class

gently caress you Dana

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
"Since we have a victim competition in America, I think we win"

Modern American Evangelism in one sentence

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you think things look bad because people are more tolerant maybe reexamine your beliefs.

e: No they don't see this conflict you hack, you can't just expand out people's generic belief in religious freedom to 'well they all believe we should be able to treat gays as second class citizens like Jim Crow.'

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 28, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

That Supreme Court decision is going to be fantastic

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
They're trying to grab the guns! :byodood:

e: Did she just say Hillary solicited a minor for sex or did I mishear?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Gun fetishization

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
gently caress YOU GUY you are full of poo poo. He wasn't using the Crusades as an example of how Christians are bad it's about how people who were pricks used religion to try and legitimize their actions just like ISIS does today.

Obama was literally defending the faithful in his statement. He was protecting Christianity and Islam and all faiths from being painted by the brush of extremists who do ill and try to claim a religious support that doesn't exist, and you're buying into that poo poo because you're a hack who can't think beyond "Obama say something = something BAD."

e: CHAPPAQUIDDICK :byodame:

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 28, 2015

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

gently caress YOU GUY you are full of poo poo. He wasn't using the Crusades as an example of how Christians are bad it's about how people who were pricks used religion to try and legitimize their actions just like ISIS does today.

Obama was literally defending the faithful in his statement. He was protecting Christianity and Islam and all faiths from being painted by the brush of extremists who do ill and try to claim a religious support that doesn't exist, and you're buying into that poo poo because you're a hack who can't think beyond "Obama say something = something BAD."

These are people who base their entire life around cherrypicking quotes from a 1000+ year old book and applying them out of context.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Not So Supreme Court

Ahahahaha literally slippery slope argument. I thought we were pro-religion, why can't Muslims marry kids and adults sir, you just said you wanted religious freedom for Muslims.

:qq: Christians are so lambasted in the U.S.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I seriously want all these people thrown off a cliff

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

wow she's really smiley for someone talking about how her husband is getting beaten and tortured

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
CPAC exclusive 50% off digital version of the newspaper! Text "TWT emailaddress 313131" if you want to take advantage of this sweet deal.

e: This guy is feeling it man. I can't even mock that, it's clear this means a lot to him. :(

Wait whoa they created Team Ninja, the guys who made Ninja Gaiden?!

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 28, 2015

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Christians a protected class

gently caress you Dana

The / an additional obnoxious thing is Christians *are* a protected class under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I love love LOVE these quotes. All of them are picture perfect representations of Poe's Law and they're gloriously cognitively dissonant.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

I love love LOVE these quotes. All of them are picture perfect representations of Poe's Law and they're gloriously cognitively dissonant.

I haven't seen any evidence that any of these people are experiencing cognitive dissonance. They're just working off of completely different definitions of the words they're using than we are.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The / an additional obnoxious thing is Christians *are* a protected class under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Yes, all religions are. Which is useful, because it's one more roadblock in the way of the kinds of laws these people would like very much to pass.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Signing up recruits for the holy war on ISIS at CPAC.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Joementum posted:

Signing up recruits for the holy war on ISIS at CPAC.

Prissy bastard couldn't even get real chainmail to put under that tunic.

A shameful crusader cosplayer.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

when is the next thing

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
So which cosplayer gets to take Tea Party Ultron home with them?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Breitbart breaks a major scandal:

quote:

Report: Jeb Bush Attempting to Rig CPAC Straw Poll with Bused in Supporters

NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland — Perhaps in fear that he didn’t have enough backers willing to show up on their own, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush’s campaign organized to bus supporters to the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) to cheer during his appearance on stage and vote for him in the straw poll.

The New York Times’ Jonathan Martin writes that Bush brought people in from Washington, D.C.: “Mr. Bush’s supporters organized caravans of his Washington backers to attend his speech, and they cheered whenever anyone else booed,” Martin wrote.

Those same bused in cheerers also will likely be expected by Bush’s campaign to vote for him in the famed straw poll.

Betsy Woodruff at the liberal outlet Slate also obtained emails that prove Bush’s team was busing in supporters from K Street.

“Emails provided to Slate show that backers of the former Florida governor are busing supporters from downtown Washington D.C. to CPAC in National Harbor, Maryland, and organizing to get them day passes into the event,” Woodruff wrote.

One person behind the effort to bus in Bush backers, Woodruff confirmed, was former George W. Bush advance man Fritz Brogan. “A Bush insider confirmed to Slate that Bush’s Right to Rise PAC is helping organize the transportation,” Woodruff wrote.

Three other potential GOP presidential campaigns told Breitbart News that they expect nothing less from Bush’s campaign, since he doesn’t have real conservative support.

“It comes as no surprise that the Bushies would try to rig the CPAC straw poll. Jeb, like his father and brother, is strongly disliked and distrusted by the Base,” one said.

Trying to rig the CPAC straw poll “is a cynical effort by Bush’s establishment campaign to attempt to build some conservative bona fides where none exist,” a second rival presidential effort staffer told Breitbart News. “Since they don’t have legitimate conservative support they have to pay for it in a transparent AstroTurf effort.”

“This shows one thing: Jeb Bush’s base is D.C. insiders and lobbyists,” an operative for a third potential GOP presidential rival said. “He has to bus them everywhere he goes. They are his only hope, that they can buy him this election every step of the way. True conservatives need to stand up and fight back.”

Before CPAC, when asked if Bush’s supporters would be paid and bused in, Bush spokeswoman Kristy Campbell denied it flatly. She said in an email that she “can confirm that we are not trying to play in the straw poll – despite what anyone else is telling you.”

Campbell, Bush’s spokeswoman, told Breitbart News on Saturday afternoon: “We aren’t trying to play in the straw poll. Some supporters in the DC area who were planning to attend CPAC expressed concerns about getting over to the Gaylord. We helping by providing some limited transportation on Friday only (specific to the time of the Governor’s speech.)”

What is the world coming to?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
So Jeb's trying to do the thing the Pauls do every year.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Conservatives sure are cagey about busing people to places to do things.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Voter fraud is real.

TinFoilJoy
Oct 15, 2012

It feels like they accuse someone of rigging the results every year.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
really want to see what's written on those "other" ballots

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Ahahahaha Huckabee quit his day job to lose by half a percent to chronic non-runner Sarah Palin.

And he's still under 1% glorious

e: and donald is beating Carly, fantastic

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 28, 2015

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
so Jeb bused a bunch of people in and still only managed 8%? amazing

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Ahahahaha Huckabee quit his day job to lose by half a percent to chronic non-runner Sarah Palin.

And he's still under 1% glorious

e: and donald is beating Carly, fantastic

He lost to 'Other' too

:laffo:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
In Jeb's defense the Paul family has at least a decade of experience in bussing people to these dumb straw polls, nevermind that their diehard believers would leap at the chance to do so.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

In Jeb's defense the Paul family has at least a decade of experience in bussing people to these dumb straw polls, nevermind that their diehard believers would leap at the chance to do so.
Yeah but I still expected him to beat loving Ben Carson.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Al Harrington posted:

really want to see what's written on those "other" ballots

"NO N****RS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
If you can't beat Donald Trump, you should be banned from running for President.

• Locked thread