Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I can't even justify what I'm doing now, much less 17 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the two corners of Aleph: trance, maoism and goatse

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Kleptomaniac space bug

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

About 20 years ago I was playing a pen-n-paper rpg with friends and my character built a robot dog. hosed up the intelligence roll, so it wasn’t very smart, so I named him Retardog, the cognitively-challenged canine companion.

I’ve used it pretty much everywhere online, though these days it’s somewhat problematic.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Prosecutors: Look there are these laws, and yes we know they are super vague, and we know they were not intended for this purpose, but we are going to prosecute you anyway.
Me: But, how was I supposed to know it was a crime if the law wasn't worded or intended for what you say I did. Is that even a crime anyway?
Prosecutors: Have you ever heard the term: Strict Liability?
Me: No?
Prosecutor: Well, that isn't a good enough defence.

Pah.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Pastry of the Year" is an award given to vending machine treats1

and I also find it pleasing both to the ear and simply as a concept

1 The "Big Texas" cinnamon roll won this award five years in a row, and I was in a motel with well-stocked vending machines when I stopped lurking and made my account

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

"Pastry of the Year" is an award given to vending machine treats1

and I also find it pleasing both to the ear and simply as a concept

1 The "Big Texas" cinnamon roll won this award five years in a row, and I was in a motel with well-stocked vending machines when I stopped lurking and made my account

A shrimp pastry idea still makes me horrified but curious.

My username is easily stapled as just Papa Emeritus III from the band Ghost, but the idea came from my irl nickname being Papa.

To those who dont know, I'm one of those fabled ladygoons. While in my 20s, I watched a documentary about some biker gang and the leader had the nickname Mom. I thought it was the greatest thing ever and was highly amused. I babbled about it to a few people in my squad(I was in the army at the time) and I was jokingly assigned Papa as a radio call sign. It stuck after that.

When registering, I wanted to incorporate that nickname. I love Ghost a lot, so it worked out.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I thought a fart in a box was a pretty funny thing

but my name has multiple levels and meanings to it, it's quite complex in the end

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Papa Emeritus III posted:

A shrimp pastry idea still makes me horrified but curious.

The Small Pastry Saga. I woke up one morning and discovered that someone had gifted me this new avatar, which I genuinely really like.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Pastry of the Year posted:

The Small Pastry Saga. I woke up one morning and discovered that someone had gifted me this new avatar, which I genuinely really like.

Oh jesus. lmfao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My original username was my surname, which I changed after realising how many bad posts I'd made on here. Current one is from an Earl Sweatshirt song.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had finished reading the Silmarillion, and Melkor and/or Morgoth were probably taken. I also liked Blind Guardian, so I went with their moniker for the same character.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I wanted to name myself after a fantasy creature/cryptic (Bigfoot, Dragon, etc.), but I couldn't decide which one was the best, so I just went with the most frequently photographed.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
The year: 1997
Me, recruiting Gogo in FF6 for the first time: "What should I rename this guy?"
Buddy of mine: <username>!

Account Attempt 4
Jul 13, 2016

it all ends in tears anyways
this time I'm going to goodpost only. I swear.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The film Koyaanisqatsi and, you know

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I was given a random username by some mod.

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

Prince of Space posted:

Prince of Space (1959)

HA HA HA.... HA

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
One of my better friends is named Steve Mathis, and he came up with the aim name StizzMatic of which I was very jealous and tried to come up with something similar using the first letter of my last name.

In other words I copy catted my friend and came up with something not nearly as good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like monsters have have a lifetime of sleeping problems.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ultraviolet + Infrared = Ultrared. I just wanted a username that I could remember and didn't match anywhere else.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Bindi Bhaji Boogie (Papadom Rock) is an original song by the Sikh Welsh Elvis impersonator Peter Singh. I misspelled it because I didnt take the two seconds required to check the correct spelling.

SammichBacon
Nov 11, 2013

I was eating a bacon sandwich.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
my batman themed bar mitzvah ROCKED

Dirt Wizard
Mar 23, 2016

You are the wailing clock maker.
When I played Rogue Legacy, I liked to imagine all the other floating wizard dudes picking on the earth wizards for basically throwing rocks, calling them "dirt wizard" and suggesting they learn real magic.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I'm named after my father, poopnanners sr.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
When I was in middle school I wrote an epic fantasy novel about 2 brothers that were gay for each other. The evil brother was named Remigious. I know I cribbed the name from somewhere, but I don’t remember where :/

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I was playing Counterstrike in 1999 with my college roommate and we were both pretty bad at the start so we picked names to reflect that. He was SittingDuck and I was CannonFodder. I've had this handle for over half of my life.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
One day I was playing Counter Strike and a friend of mine was still using Windows 98, and the rest of us had migrated to XP by then. So I changed my name to Windows 98 to mock him in game and it stuck.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

family name

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
dnd racism

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The Armenia page of the Onion Atlas

“Wah wah wah the Turks were mean to us”

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
My father before me, Dillon1

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Super Mario never really dies or is killed so I wanted something that reflected the permanence of death

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm the pretentious loser that wants everyone to look at my username and know exactly what kind of person I am but after taking an hour to come up with one I just put something random into the Name column and moved on.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
it's my surname irl

jerk irl
Apr 26, 2018
with age comes wisdom and you can truly know oneself.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
I use the same username for like half the poo poo that requires a username online

This way I will never forget, which is also why I use the same password for everything and periodically I have my Fortnite account hijacked or money mysteriously goes missing from my checking account

An acceptable price for convenience and laziness imo

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Got it in a name change thread and I still find it hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I played a lot of Final Fantasy 6 as a kid

• Locked thread