Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

*wears Khaki pants and new balance sneakers because he is a relaxed chill guy*
*texts his wife that he misses her too*
*orders 2 spicy margaritas at happy hour and surfs tinder*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Iron Crowned posted:

Rental Counter operator: WEll because your flight was delayed by 5 hours, we no longer have the car you reserved, but we have a nice minivan for you!

Well, it is the Cadillac of minivans...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cosmik Slop posted:

Well, it is the Cadillac of minivans...

It's a Dodge Caravan

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*bag held at security*
"whats th-"

> it's my business cards, they always do this, just kill me its easier

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Googles "regional gloryholes"

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Oscar Wild posted:

Googles "regional gloryholes"

*google translate doesn't handle icelandic well*

*sticks face in geysir*

*rues*

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally A Person posted:

LAP's Boss: THE ADMIRAL IS GOING TO BE HERE TODAY!!! OH MY GOD THE ADMIRAL!!!!

LAP: Uh, okay.

So what was David Robinson like?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

GolfHole posted:

*bag held at security*
"whats th-"

This actually happened to me when I had a box of these little laminated advertising cards we hand out at marketing events in my backpack.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Don't mind me, just travelling around the magic triangle of airport, hotel and business park office location.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GolfHole posted:

*bag held at security*
"whats th-"

Why does this happen?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Burt Sexual posted:

Why does this happen?

A dense, heavy box of cards stuffed in your luggage probably looks suspiciously like a brick of C4 or something on an xray.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 22, 2019

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Jay_Zombie posted:

A, dense heavy box of cards stuffed in your luggage probably looks suspiciously like a brick of C4 or something on an xray.

Yep they always want to see my magic decks.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Always "forgets" to remove my sounding rod before going through the body scanner at the airport.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
*Agrees not to get a rental car to save the company money. Expenses almost twice as much in Lyft fares as the rental would have cost*

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Every time they don't let me rent a car I end up having to pay an actual taxi $50 cash for a 30 minute ride to the airport. Getting that reimbursed is fun.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Can you put all but one drink for this young lady on a separate check please

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Blockade posted:

Can you put all but one drink for this young lady on a separate check please

*happens on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day*

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
*Realizes you can smoke in the bars here*

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
*in god awful boring meeting*

*wonders if you can butt-chug a juul*

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

The Moon Monster posted:

Every time they don't let me rent a car I end up having to pay an actual taxi $50 cash for a 30 minute ride to the airport. Getting that reimbursed is fun.

I felt guilty the last time I rented a car because the office is within walking distance of the hotel and one of my coworkers who is super-cool was in town so I walked to work with him the entire week even though I had a car. I think we used it a total of 3 times and it came in handy but it still felt like an extravagance.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Sex Skeleton posted:

I felt guilty the last time I rented a car because the office is within walking distance of the hotel and one of my coworkers who is super-cool was in town so I walked to work with him the entire week even though I had a car. I think we used it a total of 3 times and it came in handy but it still felt like an extravagance.

I'm going to read between the lines here and ask did you manage to bone the coworker?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

*Learns to shoot craps and gets his rear end spanked by the girls on the street*

*Next time I'll smoke legal weed at the bunny farm*

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Bonzo posted:

The movie Up In The Air is pretty spot on for its time.

Indeed this. It’s still pretty good. I’m in a new role and my Vp asked me to spend some time and coach up a new seller in Georgia. Turns out she’s a late 20s smoke show, just what the doctor ordered.

Regarding the topic, most of the time it’s arrive at a city, find your hotel, debate going out to see whatever sites city has to offer, then settle for a couple tall boys and Indian delivery while watching tv in the room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

youre dick posted:

Indeed this. It’s still pretty good. I’m in a new role and my Vp asked me to spend some time and coach up a new seller in Georgia. Turns out she’s a late 20s smoke show, just what the doctor ordered.

Regarding the topic, most of the time it’s arrive at a city, find your hotel, debate going out to see whatever sites city has to offer, then settle for a couple tall boys and Indian delivery while watching tv in the room

It's the small things you notice in the movie. One wide shot of a hotel has one broken sprinkler. He gives a speech in room called "The Vista Room" and it's totally decked out in 1995 decor which is exactly when the property was built. Airport staff are like idle Westworld robots but as soon as you flash a status card they light right up with big warm smiles and spring into action.

Anytime I decide to go out with 3 or 4 other people, we end up wondering the side of town opposite the good stuff to find one place a guy heard on a FoodNetwork rerun. The weather sucks, it's 8pm, and we can't find the place so we end up at some lovely AYCE sushi, or some boring pub/sports bar where the women barely have clothes on and you pay $30 for a pound of wings.

I don't mind eating alone so I think the next time I'll just fake the flu and pay my own uber to eat a 5 star meal.