Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

e: and donald is beating Carly, fantastic

And they're both beating Chris Christie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
I can't believe it's over so soon. I miss you already, CPAC.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
The ballots may say that Rand won but Sisi was the real winner of CPAC this year :psyduck:

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The ballots may say that Rand won but Sisi was the real winner of CPAC this year :psyduck:

SiSi / BiBi 2016!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Called it! The straw poll is completely meaningless, but that doesn't make it any less funny to see the Paulites basically rigging it every year.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Al Harrington posted:

really want to see what's written on those "other" ballots

"Kill you're parents"

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I win I win I win gimme money.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Who votes for Ben Carson over anyone else on that list?

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Who votes for Ben Carson over anyone else on that list?

People that voted for Herman Cain and for the same reason.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Al Harrington posted:

really want to see what's written on those "other" ballots

General Sisi, Wayne LaPierre, Jesus, Klemens von Metternich, Augusto Pinochet

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Oh, and Ron Paul.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, out of all the people on that list, I think Marco Rubio is the best shot the GOP has against Hillary Clinton.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

StandardVC10 posted:

General Sisi, Wayne LaPierre, Jesus, Klemens von Metternich, Augusto Pinochet

Murray Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Honestly, out of all the people on that list, I think Marco Rubio is the best shot the GOP has against Hillary Clinton.

You're probably right, but unfortunately he drinks water in a weird way

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I win I win I win gimme money.

lol wow that's some quality ebegging.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

funtax posted:

oh so it's one of those kind of conventions

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It's Putin.

The Other votes are Putin.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

ThirdPartyView posted:

Murray Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises.

The most useless von Mises brother.

It's gonna be so fun watching these people try to tack to the centre in 2016.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

The Rokstar posted:

It's Putin.

The Other votes are Putin.

Senile, old folks writing in "Ronald Reagan," unaware that he's been dead for over a decade.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Deep Hurting posted:

Senile, old folks writing in "Ronald Reagan," unaware that he's been dead for over a decade.

And that the 22nd Amendment prevents him from running again (unless he does the Nixon trick in Futurama, of course).

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 1, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hard to argue with those results.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joementum posted:

Hard to argue with those results.

George Allen was a good president

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

How did Mitt Romney end up on top in 2012? I forget.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Obama squeezedolls

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 1, 2015

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So much candy. Is that the trash after the event, or a way to seduce the pre-diabetic into joining a modern crusade?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

The Party of Lincoln, folks!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Deep Hurting posted:

The Party of Lincoln, folks!

They almost look like far-right, Neo-Confederate/Facist protestors or something. I hope so.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

They almost look like far-right, Neo-Confederate/Facist protestors or something. I hope so.

Are those symbols associated with his weird 3rd party, or did he go to Greendale?

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

funtax posted:

oh no, the jacobites are back

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
One of them has the Georgia flag on his sign, but the other one has the Russian flag + coat of arms (next to the Confederate flag, of course.) I have no idea. :stare:

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

Jack Gladney posted:

Are those symbols associated with his weird 3rd party, or did he go to Greendale?
I think those arrow spokes are a common symbol of a few Russian ultranationalist/fascist parties, which makes his anti-Ukraine position more than a little suspect. Either that or he's a closet worshipper of Chaos Undivided.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

He's hover handing Thatcher.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Mother Jones had a story on millenials at CPAC. There's supposedly a party scene there (believable) and lots of sexing going on (not quite so believable). I bet it's an unspoken rule that every child conceived there has to be named Reagan.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

I just assumed far-right conservatives had taken to worshipping the forces of chaos.

Edit:Oh goddammit spiderfist island.

skaboomizzy posted:

Mother Jones had a story on millenials at CPAC. There's supposedly a party scene there (believable) and lots of sexing going on (not quite so believable). I bet it's an unspoken rule that every child conceived there has to be named Reagan.
It's not all that shocking. You cram a bunch of 16-20 yr olds into a confined space for three days there's going to be some loving going on. Awkward, possibly shame-filled loving in this case, but loving nonetheless.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Chris Christie posted:

Well, the Laffer Curve doesn't "work." It's not a policy. It's a simple truth, that existed well before Art Laffer was born, that at some level of taxation you will produce the greatest income to the treasury, and that at other levels of taxation you will produce less revenue.

People on both sides of the aisle mistakenly conflate the Laffer curve with the belief that tax cuts = more revenue, which is on its face patently absurd.

This probably has to do with people on one side of the isle referring to it when proposing tax cuts to imply that they'll produce more revenue...

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

skaboomizzy posted:

I guess people my age who have never had a hard day in their life and benefit from systemic inequality will have lovely Boomer views at 20. Still hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I assume he's referring to the Mason-Dixon line.

• Locked thread