Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

butterbar posted:

Not really, hand crank windows are pretty much dead in everything except the Mitsubishi Mirage, whuch was designed for third world countries. The additional supply and assembly overhead makes having two different window assemblies more expensive than just giving everyone power windows

I have a 2013 car with hand-cranked windows. there are examples of the same model with power windows.

(I got it used, so I didn't have the choice).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Bip Roberts posted:

I got tailgated once and then I pit maneuvered their car into a swamp die in muck and frog feces rear end hole

Blue Train posted:

There was a lorry almost into my boot so I battered them into a bog

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

gleebster posted:

I have a 2013 car with hand-cranked windows. there are examples of the same model with power windows.

(I got it used, so I didn't have the choice).

What car is that then

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

If I was a cop I'd just bust people all day for failing to use a turn signal until I got shot by some crazy white trash dude

i read a story one time about a court case where some police tried to arrest a guy because he didnt give thme id after he pulled into a parking lot without using a signal light so he punched the cops and ran away and kicked one of them in the head and his court case was thrown out because in canada its not illegal to turn without a signal light unless someones going to be in the lane you are turning through or something like that

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hemale in pain posted:

If you have a dashcam and someone brake checks you does anyone feel tempted to just let your car go into the back of them? i think it be really funny

It's not illegal to step on the brakes, so you'r dashcam wouldn't do poo poo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

you irl posted:

was he wrong? :colbert:

no

altho tailgaters are poo poo at driving too

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It's not illegal to step on the brakes, so you'r dashcam wouldn't do poo poo

My grandma does it on the reg, so true

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

butterbar posted:

What car is that then

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the proper way to handle tailgaters is to just put your shift lever in reverse a tiny bit, just enough in the notch so that your reverse lights come on. they get right off your rear end immediately.

alternatively you can drive a rotary-engined car without a cat converter, peg it at 5-6k for a few seconds, let off and shoot flames at the dude behind you. this also usually works.

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
It ain't personal, just get out of someone's way. Yes, even if you have to speed up to do so. Right or wrong aside, it's dangerous to act like you're some kind of hall monitor for speeders. Reckless and leads to road rage.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
When someone drives the way i dont like I smash the drivers window and drag the driver out through the shards belly down, causing the abdominal cavity to rip open and loops of his intestine to uncoil down the door like strings of poorly hung christmas lights which, due to substandard manufacturing quality processes, contain only red bulbs

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

when im driving, im basically like that offspring song about road rage

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Imagine knowing so little about the car that you drive that you think engine braking and letting off the gas are the same thing :eyepop:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

wowie

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Imagine knowing so little about the car that you drive that you think engine braking and letting off the gas are the same thing :eyepop:

kinda depends on how needlessly semantic you're trying to be, technically the kind of engine breaking I'm assuming you're referring to is a specific subset of the more general term. You can by definition call just letting off the gas and having friction slow you down engine breaking, but there are also more specific terms meant to apply to stuff like compression braking.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OK fine, I meant downshifting but people get kinda upset when you mention being able to do things like that on your own

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

OK fine, I meant downshifting but people get kinda upset when you mention being able to do things like that on your own

u mad

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm loving 2 fast 2 furious bro you don't even know

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

fool got.......................................................................................wrecked

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
drat this thread is long. What are we talking about anyway?

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
Content: I brake checked a guy in an F-150 and he tried to run me off the road. I caught up with him at the stop light and we exchanged some words.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i'm loving 2 fast 2 furious bro you don't even know

granny-shiftin', not double-clutching like you should

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bip Roberts posted:

You should be allowed to murder one (1) other motorist on the highways per year and if you had a really good reason you'll be allowed to kill a second.

As a resident of Florida, I support this measure.

gently caress these people.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Boy, I sure wish I knew how automobiles worked. I've tried asking the bus driver a few times now, but she just tells me to stay behind the line. What a fat bitch.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

When someone drives the way i dont like I smash the drivers window and drag the driver out through the shards belly down, causing the abdominal cavity to rip open and loops of his intestine to uncoil down the door like strings of poorly hung christmas lights which, due to substandard manufacturing quality processes, contain only red bulbs

:black101:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

GORDON posted:

I always wonder if the guy in front who caused the accident feels smug, or regret, or what. His car is still hosed and his day is still ruined, over teaching a lesson. I suppose it depends on how many kids got hurt, and the kind of person he is.

You feel pain and stiffness. I had an rear end in a top hat in a gigantic lifted truck tailgate me up the i17 in AZ all the way from phoenix to halfway to flagstaff. The i17 was a 45mph parking lot because who the gently caress knows. Guy ahead of me slams on the brakes for whatever reason so I have to slam on the brakes and dumbfuck in the gigantick lifted truck destroys my poor oldsmobile 1988 :argh:. I wanted to slap the poo poo out of this fucker since I just finished restoring the interior but, I was basically an ent. I couldn't bend, I moved slowly and this loving short dude in the raised truck was talking my ear off because he really really needed to leave to see some relative. Dude eventually just left and I think the insurance company had him drone striked or something.

People in lifted trucks and cdl truckers are the scum of the Earth.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

OMGVBFLOL posted:

granny-shiftin', not double-clutching like you should

THAT'S WHAT THE SYNCHROS ARE FOR SHITHEAD

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
hey guys this guy was driving like an arsehole so i drove like one too because surely 2 people being twats on the road is better that one

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

chippy posted:

hey guys this guy was driving like an arsehole so i drove like one too because surely 2 people being twats on the road is better that one

LOL that sounds just like me :cawg:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

butterbar posted:

What car is that then

It's an option on Wranglers.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

You feel pain and stiffness. I had an rear end in a top hat in a gigantic lifted truck tailgate me up the i17 in AZ all the way from phoenix to halfway to flagstaff. The i17 was a 45mph parking lot because who the gently caress knows. Guy ahead of me slams on the brakes for whatever reason so I have to slam on the brakes and dumbfuck in the gigantick lifted truck destroys my poor oldsmobile 1988 :argh:. I wanted to slap the poo poo out of this fucker since I just finished restoring the interior but, I was basically an ent. I couldn't bend, I moved slowly and this loving short dude in the raised truck was talking my ear off because he really really needed to leave to see some relative. Dude eventually just left and I think the insurance company had him drone striked or something.

People in lifted trucks and cdl truckers are the scum of the Earth.

Well, that's the physical affect... what you described wasn't your fault, so it doesn't really apply to my question. I was wondering about the fuckers who do that poo poo on purpose, and end up causing an accident... i wonder how smug they feel pwning the person tailgating them, once people are hurt and their car is totaled.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Car people are the fuckin worst

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

:ssh:
You can do that in an auto.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have a pretty short fuse and used to be a pretty ragey driver. Then about 6 months ago I was driving down the Long Island Expressway, doing 65 in a 55 in the right lane, when some dude who was weaving in and out of lanes decided to try to get between me and the car in the middle lane right next to me. He rode my rear end, 10MPH over the speed limit in the right lane, for about 5 minutes. LIE is full of cops, so I'm not jumping up to 15+ over the limit for this dummy. Finally he squeezes into the center lane, and when he passes me I flip him off.

Guy spent the next 20 minutes trying to run me off the road. Getting in front of me, brakechecking me hard, then dropping behind me and tailgating me while shining a flashlight into my mirrors, etc. Guy almost took out multiple cars because he was weaving around trying to stick to me. I ended up calling the cops, and when I dropped onto the shoulder and put my hazards on I think he got that the police were on their way and took off. Since then I've been a little more wary, and while I still drive fast, I'm noticing that being an rear end in a top hat really doesn't get you anywhere faster at all.

tl;dr: people are loving psychopaths, you never know who's going to flip their poo poo on you, there are tons of stories about lovely pointless road rage-related deaths. It's not loving worth it.

from today:

Toddler killed in Arkansas road rage incident; manhunt underway posted:

The incident began Saturday evening when a motorist behind the grandmother grew agitated that she was not moving quickly enough at a stop sign, Little Rock Police Department spokesman Lt. Steven McClanahan said.
The man started honking his horn. The grandmother honked her horn. Then, police said, the man got out of his black Chevrolet Impala and fired into her car.
"One shot was fired and it went through the vehicle and hit the child," McClanahan said.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/18/us/arkansas-toddler-death-road-rage/index.html

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Brosnan posted:

Car people are the fuckin worst

DANGER TO MANIFOLD

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

sorry the original fast and the furious is on netflix and i'm still reeling from the insane nostalgia trip watching that movie took me down

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

And the driver of that car was "Li'l Nugs"

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

also if you can handle the minor life skill that even grandmas have mastered long ago you can downshift and bleed some speed if you want to gently caress with people behind you without the brake lights giving it away

I do this every loving day except I throw it into neutral

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

you irl posted:

speed limit is 65, it's 10 PM and there's moderate traffic in right and center lane. i'm doing 75 in left lane passing some folks, and this rear end in a top hat comes flying up behind me and starts flashing his brights. usually i'd just get out of the way but there's traffic to my right. so i keep going at the same speed, passing the traffic. well i guess this fucker thought i should just veer directly into the traffic or maybe just plow off the road to the left into the median because he comes up on my bumper, puts his brights on, and rides me like a 10 dollar whore. so i brake check him hard - i mean really scare him - and i swear i could smell the poo poo spraying involuntarily out of his rear end in a top hat from my car. he drops waaay back and eventually i pass the traffic, move over, and never saw him again.

tell me how you've put rear end in a top hat drivers in their place

Lol you stupid wimp. You are supposed to murder those who irritate you in this hellscape America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

If you'd really owned him he would have impacted your car at highway speeds, hopefully making you both lose control of your vehicles and veer off of the road before flipping several times and impacting a tree or some other obstacle, causing a crash with fatalities and making my commute 5 minutes longer today. A five minutes I would have gladly allowed for.

• Locked thread