Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nigga crab pollock posted:

mustangs

ford rangers

crown vic

huh i guess thats all ford. their cars are mostly Really Bad though. basically the ones where they kept making the same model for a long rear end time and thats 'good' not Good

Rangers are such crap. Stock engine drives like a big heavy buick. No turning radius for a compact body. Goes out of alignment. Overdrive gear is cool but rarely practical. It's good on hills at about 5mpg, that's about it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i might look for a mighty v6 lebaron HARDTOP :madmax:

red interior and red exterior like a oil burning mitsubishi powered red velvet cake

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I still want an old bronco (one, not two) and I might consider a new bronco if it actually comes out. Old american vehicles are (mostly) rock solid

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

I like this this review because I always thought it was a shame that you can't like cool looking fast cars because there's a stigma that you're overcompensating for something. I think Corvettes look cool as hell, but I'd never own one because A. I can't afford it and B. by the time I can I'll be in my prime "Hey look at the guy in his midlife crisis" years.

I own a Ford Fusion. I like it, but I do wish it was a bit zippier coming off the line.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CubanMissile posted:

I like this this review because I always thought it was a shame that you can't like cool looking fast cars because there's a stigma that you're overcompensating for something. I think Corvettes look cool as hell, but I'd never own one because A. I can't afford it and B. by the time I could I'll be in my prime "Hey look at the guy in his midlife crisis" years.

I own a Ford Fusion. I like it, but I do wish it was a bit zippier coming off the line.

The Focus RS is calling you....

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The Focus RS is calling you....

I hear you, but I'm a big guy and it's nice to have people comfortable in the back seat when I'm with friends. I think I just like mid sized sedans. I think if I was rich I'd probably gravitate towards an S7 or a 6 series Gran Coupe.

Edit: Also the RS looks very tuner-y and that's just not my style unless I was in a rally car competition. Apparently there's a twin turbo V6 AWD Fusion now, but that wasn't available when I bought mine.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 7, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I hope you lease and not own then

Audis and Beamers both are "tunerish" cars FYI

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CubanMissile posted:

I like this this review because I always thought it was a shame that you can't like cool looking fast cars because there's a stigma that you're overcompensating for something. I think Corvettes look cool as hell, but I'd never own one because A. I can't afford it and B. by the time I can I'll be in my prime "Hey look at the guy in his midlife crisis" years.

if you want fast, buy a 300zx z32.

or grow some balls and buy an sw20 like a real man should

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I hope you lease and not own then

Audis and Beamers both are "tunerish" cars FYI

Yeah but they don't look like Evos and Stis, which I don't think looks age appropriate for people entering their 40s. Yes I care about image. I know it's dumb.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

i might look for a mighty v6 lebaron HARDTOP :madmax:

red interior and red exterior like a oil burning mitsubishi powered red velvet cake

:barf:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

super charged grand prix then

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
red interiors are sick and lol if you dont jump at the opportunity to have a red interior

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I work for Mercedes so I get a new Benz every 8,000 miles. :smug:

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

A friend of mine had a Bonneville SSEI. Genuinely one of the best worst cars I've seen.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

numberoneposter posted:

pontiac bonneville ssei (3800 supercharged)

comedy option: pontiac bonneville gxp

e: mother of poo poo, beat

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my first car was a 1993 bonneville, incidentally

the engine was the 3800, one of the only things gm ever got right. the rest of it was a 90's gm car, however, meaning it was kinda constantly falling the gently caress apart in various ways. it did last until 212k miles before i had to get rid of it due to the subframe rotting through.

i went from that to a mazda rx7.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

Cool whatever I can destroy a gear box on and not feel too bad about it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I should buy a Corvette Z06...

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

use your double forum points from this weekend

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

my first car was a 1993 bonneville, incidentally

the engine was the 3800, one of the only things gm ever got right. the rest of it was a 90's gm car, however, meaning it was kinda constantly falling the gently caress apart in various ways. it did last until 212k miles before i had to get rid of it due to the subframe rotting through.

i went from that to a mazda rx7.

rx7s are cool but doesnt it burn more oil than a two-stroke and you have to replace the rotor tips like every other oil change

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the apex seals only go if you gently caress up or have forced induction. a naturally aspirated rotary that is properly maintained (ie don't overheat it and keep up with the oil) will last as long as any piston engine.

oil consumption is high but hey w/e. the sound and powerband makes up for that.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Cubey posted:

if you want fast, buy a 300zx z32.

or grow some balls and buy an sw20 like a real man should

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah but they don't look like Evos and Stis, which I don't think looks age appropriate for people entering their 40s. Yes I care about image. I know it's dumb.

Jesus this whole thread is like one big time-warp

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Get a Pontiac sunfire. Bonnevilles can take a hike. :smuggo:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Get a Pontiac sunfire. Bonnevilles can take a hike. :smuggo:

OH BOY! Mediocrity!

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Wow look at all these people with poo poo opinions and subpar brains in this thread. Name one other company that makes RWD v8 sedans that aren't luxury brands.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
I drive a Dodge Stratus!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

OH BOY! Mediocrity!

Get a geo metro I don't care, whatever makes you happy! :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I can sell my house and still not afford a Lambo to live in!!!!

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

rear end posted:

Wow look at all these people with poo poo opinions and subpar brains in this thread. Name one other company that makes RWD v8 sedans that aren't luxury brands.

Hyundai

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

rear end posted:

Kia

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

nigga crab pollock posted:

rx7s are cool but doesnt it burn more oil than a two-stroke and you have to replace the rotor tips like every other oil change

"rotor tips" lol look at this casual THEY'RE APEX SEALS YOU DIDIOT

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

rear end posted:

Chevrolet

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

rear end posted:

the mercury marauder

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

The marauder was legitimately the coolest car.

The Chevy SS is a stupidly overpriced Pontiac G8 that looks worse

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Meh I have a Dodge, it's an ok car but not anything special.

Biggest problem is it seems to be an open invitation for drive-thru attendants to give me my drink via curveball. I swear I've had the thing two and a half years and I've had drinks literally thrown into my car at least three times.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Meh I have a Dodge, it's an ok car but not anything special.

Biggest problem is it seems to be an open invitation for drive-thru attendants to give me my drink via curveball. I swear I've had the thing two and a half years and I've had drinks literally thrown into my car at least three times.

you're gonna have to give us more specifics than 'a dodge'

did you buy a magnum

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Never buy Chrysler. This includes Ferrari.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

I can sell my house and still not afford a Lambo to live in!!!!

I bet you could get a sick lambo bra though bruh. :megadeath:

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
dodge is the saab except domestic and where saab was novel and overcomplicated dodge is just retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Breakfast Feud posted:

dodge is the saab except domestic and where saab was novel and overcomplicated dodge is just retarded

Saab did some legitimately clever things to make up for their GM hellhole parts bin.

That quirky ignition location? Because they knew about the GM ignition switch poo poo and put it there to avoid straining the bad thing.

Hail satan, as the cool men of AI would say.

• Locked thread