Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRltyS3iyI

What voodoo do I have to do to be that guy??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Inglonias posted:

Stopped at the aviary. Didn't buy anything.

I want that one... And that one... And this one...

They look a little over ripe, they're getting mouldy!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I like the theory that baby birds are ugly so their parents find it easier to spew on them. When I am back on my laptop I will find the pic of baby Toast looking like he swallowed a whole plum.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Baby birds are cute.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Ugly and cute are not mutually exclusive :kimchi:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
baby birds are nightmare fuel

so are adult birds but for a whole bunch of different reasons

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Having two birds that like each other is VERY strange.

Females will regurgitate for males?!

Thank Space Jesus they aren't acting nesty. When Wandy started laying it was an...interesting experience.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

nielsm posted:

No but I've occasionally heard fart noises when a huge poop came out.

omg this!

Cricket ALWAYS makes a "pffffffft" fart type noise when she poos on my shoulder. I just hear this "pffffft" and she will move somewhere else lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The weird slithering sound that baby tiels make is definitely horrifying but they're cute little horror-aliens.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
I have a sick budgie, pls send birdlove

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

iRend posted:

Oh no what happened to Pig?

Is there a decent vet where you live? Quit playing pinball and get Pig to the vet!

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

Get well soon Pig!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
rend have you tried this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83LNTbeatHE

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
Droping some poo to the local vet.

He cannot stand :( trying to find someone locally but nobody has room. Most are saying the stress from travel might be too much anyway. Might have someone coming here.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

iRend posted:

Droping some poo to the local vet.

He cannot stand :( trying to find someone locally but nobody has room. Most are saying the stress from travel might be too much anyway. Might have someone coming here.

Taking Wandy to Kansas started her keratin disorder. But I'm sure Pig being with you will bring little fella around.

Never, ever underestimate how much healing genuine love can do with a birb. :)

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Suntan Boy posted:

It's the lack of cheek feathers, I think. Makes them look kind of like buzzards. Perpetually open (huge) beak doesn't help anything.

They still can fluff up some mutton chops though. They have like little blinds for their big red cheek patches, it's adorable

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

^^^^ I need to see this

iRend posted:

Oh no! Get better soon, Pig.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Ama and the corn chip was adorable. Halloween Jack your chickens post was also very good, they have an excellent naming scheme. Was it just coincidence that Jupiter ended up being the big boss of the flock?

Still late nights every night for birds but they're being pretty good about it all. I put an eggbox in Ohtori's cage every other night and he shreds the entire thing in one night, I think actually in the mornings while waiting to be uncovered

The other night Steve and Inko got their nails filed-on seeing the tea towel Inko magically became competent at flying. When flying Ohtori is accurate but not graceful, Steve is graceful but not accurate, but Inko's special power seems to be to pay attention to his surroundings and accurately fly to a point despite never having gone there before. And that's how he ended up wedged underneath the microwave in the dark in an attempt to escape

titties posted:

I love everyone's pet birds itt ESPECIALLY STEVE but the bird you linked is loving horrifying to me for some reason

zcrow posted:

because reasons

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgmHg6CZymE

Sleepy birb and friends were awake today :)

e: I took this one in portrait because I am literally the worst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_kKOPox_RQ

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 24, 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

iRend posted:

Good luck little birb.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

iRend posted:

Get well soon little birb buddy!!!

(((((kisses sent to little birb heads))))

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Inglonias posted:

Stopped at the aviary. Didn't buy anything.

I want that one... And that one... And this one...

Didn't toss out last month's bell peppers?

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Potato Salad posted:

Hahaha dang now they look gross.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION
Pig is eating, and was managing to sleep on his perch without falling off by midnight last night. We were mentally digging a hole out the back, he wasn't well at all.

Vet called back, nothing wrong with his poop so not an infection probably. Even got a chirp from him this morning which is really promising.

Have a video of him being fluffy from 2 days ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UaFr0OOGHg

And his buddies out the back

And him being a floofy boi

e: now he's standing up and eating and tweeting and generally being an rear end in a top hat so back to normal. However he is not using one of his feet 100% so I think something's going on there.

iRend fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 25, 2017

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Potato Salad posted:

Also, while I was at the aviary, I saw a large green parrot of some variety had dropped some feathers on the ground, so I took them. They smell kinda dusty, but in a good way.

Is that weird? I think it's a little weird that I have a pair of feathers and I sniff them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stay well, Pig. :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Inglonias posted:

Also, while I was at the aviary, I saw a large green parrot of some variety had dropped some feathers on the ground, so I took them. They smell kinda dusty, but in a good way.

Is that weird? I think it's a little weird that I have a pair of feathers and I sniff them.
I bet it's an Amazon! They all have a distinctive scent to them.

Stay healthy Pigbirb :h:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXyA4MXKIKo

Also I was just listening to the above song and as soon as Kesha belted "I'm a motherfuckin WOMAN!" Amadeus on my shoulder started dancing and HEYing his tiny rear end off. Hell yeah lil buddy let's get down

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
hang in there pig

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!
Have some pigeon pics:

The second one was right before a nail clipping and cage clean. Say hi to Alphonse.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Was at my vet today picking up some food for Scout and getting an appointment to have a nail trimmed that's curling up. While I was talking to the secretary (who was new) the old secretary asked about Scout by name, and then Dr. McDonald came out and asked about her as well it felt good. (The new secretary is good too, just new.)

Meanwhile Dr. McDonald had brought out a Cockatiel patient to their owner as it was going home. It started derping away in its cage, whistling and singing, and carrying on, which set off the Moluccan Cockatoo in the corner, which set off the sleeping Amazon, which chain reacted to the other birds in the waiting area. It was great.

Noisy, but great.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Scout's orange mutation feather is starting to poke out, and I love it. It's hard to get a shot of the feather right now and I hope it grows out a bit more.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
he just wants to be a sun conure, objectively best conure

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Not over sharing - but I'm a self employed individual that recently moved and medically can't do much until March.

I found a local bird store packed with friendly birds that offered me a part time job. (It would let me continue to observe parakeets and note differences between show budgies and bin o'' parakeets birbs. I refuse to work at another university until health stuff sorts out..)

But, the owner looks like he is held together by salt water taffy and there is a finch room that just bothers me. Are finches able to tolerate more cramped, low light conditions? The whole place also looks like it should be condemned from the outside.

I was excited about finding a diamond in the rough chance to learn about birds - but the owner just seemed odd.

Tell me about finch care in pet stores. I want to know if I'm being crazy or if my gut is saying, "Grab the birds and run!"

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

NITROUS DIVISION

Captain Log posted:

owner just seemed odd

bird store

I'm not seeing the strange thing about this place

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

iRend posted:

I'm not seeing the strange thing about this place

Sorry to be unclear. Finch care bothered me but I'm not an expert. Owner seemed less concerned about things than his employees. Store looks like it's made of cardboard.

But if I was an guy with a lovely location and birds to care for is do the same thing. I'm trying to mine you folks for finch information.

:)

P. S. Pig still favouring one foot? I'm very happy that he pulled through the scary bit.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Tann posted:

Hahaha dang now they look gross.

Nah, every time I see that picture they're so cute I want to die

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

SOMEONE has been screaming all morning and it's driving me mad.

Damnit bird, just stop for one second.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's one hell of a Wicked Weave :stonk:.