Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i hope robbie gets a singles match at WK. his matches have been excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stall_19 posted:

It's strange that they took the US title off of Tanahashi before the Dome shows. Could have gotten a couple of big title defenses for the shows.

All I can think is KENTA lives in Florida and maybe they want him doing shows in the US to defend it more often than Tana can.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I suspect Jon was intending on working one of the Dome nights of WK16 no matter what it took and they were setting up him and Tana for the US belt since Resurgence where he sat down, watched Archer/Tana, Tana won and he got pissed over it.

Then Jon checked himself into rehab, and they had to figure out an audible that stretches things out for an indefinite amount of time since who knows how long Jon intends to stay there, plus the heel turn is also probably delayed because who the gently caress is going to boo a guy who figured out he’d developed a problem and took steps to remedy it before it caused irreparable damage to his life? KENTA allows them to either go for a babyface win on a Dome night, or have KENTA keep the belt and work US shows into 2022 with little issue.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

the tana thing surprised me as well esp as it's usually obvious when he's going to drop a title like the two times with jay.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Power Struggle was a great show and felt like a proper NJPW show for the first time in a long time, but it didn't feel like the last major stop before Wrestle Kingdom. Usually we have a pretty good idea of what the full card will be, but after last night I can only say Okada vs Shingo and SHO vs YOH as sure fire matches for a three night show.

yeah it was more like a king of pro wrestling than a normal power struggle in both good and bad ways and i'm guessing the ryogoku show is gonna have to serve as the main setup one even if it's kinda late.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i didnt know anything had happened with mox, was totally out of the loop

KENTA is a more than acceptable champ, he was helping strong be dope back in the day just fighing for the rights to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know the g1 winner usually gets the Jan 4th match but I'm hoping Gedo mixes it up and they do Will/Shingo the 4th and Winner (Shingo)/Okada the 5th. Shingo needs a victory over Will plus if you do it this way you have a future Okada/Will title match you can do in Feb or in Spring instead of burning it up at the dome