Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
D. Reprimand Zabdi for his obvious neglect and disrespect of BigDog on top of all his other many heinous crimes and deeds, both intended and actual, then smite him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
I'm a little woozy still from having ten teeth pulled yesterday, but it looks like we're at the cut-off, so I'm just going to run with this

Apologies in advance if the questions don't make sense. Just ignore this post if you want, Diog.

Ask Yeledtov:

Do you want to know anything else about me or Snarls?
Do you want anything more from us?
Did Master let other people join The People?
Did Master ever do anything to help other people become part of The People?
Like make them stronger, faster, have better cubs?
Do you understand what "The Pack" is?
Can anyone become a part of The Pack?
What if they help The Pack or fight for The Pack?
Does the Leader ask about fighting?
Does the Leader tell you much about other cities?
What do you think about The People taking other People as pets?
What about People forcing those People Pets to do hard work with no treats?
Would the People you protect ever fight other People?
Kill them?
Take their things?
Take other people and make them Work-Pets?
What if the Leader says you want your People to do those things?
Would you like us to talk to the Leader and make sure he's not doing those things?
Would you like me and Snarls to come back and visit?
Would you like us to bring anything for you?
A bigger blanket, maybe?

Voting 1BCD:
B, tell Yeledtov that we will try our best to find more information about her Master, and bring back any news we can dig up. And that we think the charm Master made for her is obviously special and important and fits her just perfectly, just like a Good Boy like her deserves. See if she is interested in being friends with Snarls' Pack and other Packs in the area. Explain they're One Pack, but One Pack not working together now. Maybe better before, but not now. Want to help! Want to make The People strong!! Glory for the Maker, glory for El! But we want to find Master so that we can help him and he can help us. Defend The Pack! Defend The People!

C, just thank the Melachim for his recipes and apologize for stirring up poo poo. We were just excited to see another Big Dog and we're not disappointed. We just want to help, but we're still young and unWise.

D, tell Zabdi that he needs to talk with Yeledtov more often and to actually listen. We can be his city's allies or enemies, but we prefer to work together. Our partnership could be beneficial and lucrative. If the city of Yeledtov continues raiding other cities, though..? Zabdi himself could become our enemy.

If it's not clear, I believe that The People are Urians.

And sorry in advance if it's a repetitive nonsensical mess!

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 27, 2024

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

The winged ones who did not fight for The Maker…who did they fight for instead?

Also we are absolutely regularly sending soup to the Melachim here via our traders. I don’t care how much gold it wastes, it must be done.

D: Negotiate for food supplies and for our food traders to be given whatever privileges we can negotiate

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Diog, how long would it take for Enkidel on his own to cover the distance between New Zepath and here? If he were going as fast as he could

I really want this dog to smell glass and bnaimokt metal.

So far he has recognizef Damu and Amok, if we could only stimulate him a but more he could remember specifics.

Do you remember Amok? He had a good boy like you! Describe the dog in detail, we saw the statue and we saw it fly out

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Although the meeting with Good Boy went well, let's not forget that these assholes still enslaved our people and wanted to kidnap Snarls. I vote for giving them a bit of the ol'Columbo treatment on the way out just to put the fear of El into them.

D.Thank Zabdi for hosting us, speak highly of our meeting with the King and razz the Melch a bit on our way out. Then just as we're about to leave, hit them with the "Oh, just one more thing" move and tell them if they ever think about stealing Snarls or enslaving our people again we will bring down the sword of justice on their asses and personally yeet them up the Mountain ourselves.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

"oh, and one more thing. Good Boy here, she ah, she said she didn't ask to see Snarls. And I happened to overhear some of your fellows talking about taking snarls for yourself when we were walking in here. Rather curious, don't you think?"

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

alpaca diseases posted:

DE

Just to let Zabdi know that Yetledtov didn’t seem to know we were coming? That’s a bit odd eh? but anyway

Otherwise he’s super cool, a good boy, and we’re hoping we can have another audience with him at his pleasure. He’s but a bit sad ‘The Leader’ doesn’t come by as often as they/previous leaders used to to sing to and play with them tho?

Commend Good Boys guards on the way out for their unwavering duty (try to sneak a Blooded lineage check in)

Offer a not-insignificant sacrifice at the cities Temple to El, for Yetledtov (dog)s health and happiness

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

"oh, and one more thing. Good Boy here, she ah, she said she didn't ask to see Snarls. And I happened to overhear some of your fellows talking about taking snarls for yourself when we were walking in here. Rather curious, don't you think?"

This D

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
D: Call the Steward out for his many sins, which includes speaking falsely in the name of his king, neglecting to pay respects to his king, and plotting to do harm to invited guests.

They have been very bad boys, and must return to the ways of the good boy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

D

Take Zabdi aside for a chat on our way out, and give him the lay of the land.

"You have found me an affable and fair negotiator, and we are open to further relations. Do not mistake this peaceable comportment for weakness, for I knew all along of your plans to kidnap Snarls under false pretenses and force us back without him. I did not raise knowledge of this most cowardly action before because it is very important that we secure allies against the coming demon threat. But make no mistake, Steward! Your days of raiding the Armanumians are over. Zepath and Armanum are one now, and I will brook no further aggressions against my people. ANY SO FOOLISH AS TO TRY TO STEAL FROM ME A SCRAP OF GRASS, A GRAIN OF SAND OR EVEN A SINGLE SANDAL STRAP SHALL PERISH. I AM ENKIDEL, KING OF ZEPATH AND THESE ARE THE LANDS OF MY SEED FOREVER."

Punctuate the FOREVER with something really awesome, like causing the ground to shake or setting everything around us on fire, just make it obvious through gestures that it's us doing it and not EL. e: little bit of overkill here

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 27, 2024

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Diogines posted:

No collar but he is wearing a golden circlet with a ruby in the middle and what looks like a pair of topazes on each side? It appears to be mystical in nature.

Does this golden circlet bear any resemblance to the one worn by the Orm?

"Good Boy, why do you wear that thing on your head? Do you need it to fight monsters?"

I took a look at our past experience with the Orm but we didn't get a detailed description of the thing on its head, other than he needed it to fight dangers.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

FoxTerrier posted:

Also we are absolutely regularly sending soup to the Melachim here via our traders. I don’t care how much gold it wastes, it must be done.

D: Negotiate for food supplies and for our food traders to be given whatever privileges we can negotiate

This Melachim watches and responds merely by giving recipes for very, very simple ingredients...

Ask the Melachim old man if he has any good, filling, fulfilling recipes for a people that only have limited supplies such as (list what Neo Zepath has on hand, including nearly-expired smoked monster meat)?

Not for us, for them.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Please don’t display our powers in a manner that could suggest Enkidel may not be human

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

alpaca diseases posted:

Please don’t display our powers in a manner that could suggest Enkidel may not be human

Yeah. Don't run down a checklist of things that will get us buried alive forever. Or rendered into another simple semi divine employee with no real free will. Is no good.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Have you ever eaten a human?

Do you know what nephesh is?

Have you ever fought the bnaimolt? Give him a description

Do you remember the name if any of the Dens you visited?

What’s snarls name for Baitel, Carine, Karnak and other Great Cities? Have snarls explain the smells and see if she has been there

Do you poop?

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 27, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

alpaca diseases posted:

I don't believe the examples are anything more potently Blooded heroes aren't known to do. At any rate that certainly isn't the intention, I didn't say something like "flap our wings menacingly".

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

McSpanky posted:

D

Take Zabdi aside for a chat on our way out, and give him the lay of the land.

"You have found me an affable and fair negotiator, and we are open to further relations. Do not mistake this peaceable comportment for weakness, for I knew all along of your plans to kidnap Snarls under false pretenses and force us back without him. I did not raise knowledge of this most cowardly action before because it is very important that we secure allies against the coming demon threat. But make no mistake, Steward! Your days of raiding the Armanumians are over. Zepath and Armanum are one now, and I will brook no further aggressions against my people. ANY SO FOOLISH AS TO TRY TO STEAL FROM ME A SCRAP OF GRASS, A GRAIN OF SAND OR EVEN A SINGLE SANDAL STRAP SHALL PERISH. I AM ENKIDEL, KING OF ZEPATH AND THESE ARE THE LANDS OF MY SEED FOREVER."

Punctuate the FOREVER with something really awesome, like causing the ground to shake or setting everything around us on fire, just make it obvious through gestures that it's us doing it and not EL.

Voting this

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Greggster posted:

Snarls, would you like to visit this place again in the future?

I want Snarls to become goodest friends with this ol' pupper since they're the same it appears in ways, and I'm certain they could become good friends. Also, it's always good to make friends with el-aligned beings

Is very big?

The large dog seems to make Snarls a bit nervous.

A Terrible Person posted:

I'm a little woozy still from having ten teeth pulled yesterday, but it looks like we're at the cut-off, so I'm just going to run with this

Apologies in advance if the questions don't make sense. Just ignore this post if you want, Diog.
The hour is late but because you had to go through that horror the least I can do is get to your questions... but man it is late. Tomorrow. I will get to all of your questions, tomorrow. That is a big group to answer now when many other people also have one or two.

FoxTerrier posted:

"Each other or themselves or crazy."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, how long would it take for Enkidel on his own to cover the distance between New Zepath and here? If he were going as fast as he could
At your top speed alone? I don't know. A speed fast enough to probably seem Very Suspicious to the people in Yeledtov, also this would probably mean leaving Snarls behind and getting a second meeting without him, or slowing a bit and bringing him?

I apologize but you just didn't have any obviously compelling reason to bring some, unless I am missing it, which means you do not have any for Yeledtov to smell?

Freakazoid_ posted:

Does this golden circlet bear any resemblance to the one worn by the Orm?
Not really, no.

Freakazoid_ posted:

"Good Boy, why do you wear that thing on your head? Do you need it to fight monsters?"

"No? Master give it to me as gift because it is pretty and he loves me very much!"[/quote]

You are quite sure there is something mystical about it, you can tell. Things which are not strictly natural usually have a different aura.

Ask the Melachim old man if he has any good, filling, fulfilling recipes for a people that only have limited supplies such as (list what Neo Zepath has on hand, including nearly-expired smoked monster meat)?

Diogines posted:

They frown at you slightly and stop giving you soup recipes. At least for now.
I appreciate that you are recovering from pain meds and may not have read everything, but the Melachim seems unwilling to talk about much of anything and does not seem inclined to let you leverage soup-based-topics into other matters.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Have you ever eaten a human?

"No!!!!!"

They seem genuinley upset you would even ask!

Mr. Nemo posted:

Do you know what nephesh is?

"No?"

Mr. Nemo posted:

Have you ever fought the bnaimolt? Give him a description

"No."

Mr. Nemo posted:

What’s snarls name for Baitel, Carine, Karnak and other Great Cities? Have snarls explain the smells and see if she has been there
After asking about this for some time she does not seem to remember many, but she does remember Carine and Shinar.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Do you poop?

"Yes."

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

D

I think we should hammer out an agreement aside from buying their slaves. Getting them to stop raiding would be the number one goal to help stabilize the region.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

McSpanky posted:

I don't believe the examples are anything more potently Blooded heroes aren't known to do. At any rate that certainly isn't the intention, I didn't say something like "flap our wings menacingly".

While I’m sure many can cause localised earthquakes/immolate an area in flames, I’m certain that summoning one or doing a brief Goku style power up, with a simple gesture, would be seen as supernatural and not a ‘traditional’ Blooded power

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 27, 2024

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

I appreciate that you are recovering from pain meds and may not have read everything, but the Melachim seems unwilling to talk about much of anything and does not seem inclined to let you leverage soup-based-topics into other matters.

Oops, I did notice that. I intended the last three bolded portions to be votes after questions concluded. Didn't know whether things would get better or sour further in the meantime.

And thanks for considering my questions at all, regardless.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
As much as I'm actually in favour of McSpanky style smack down, I think it's true that even if other blooded dudes could pull off powers like that, we need to be even more careful when it comes to slinging poo poo around. Other blooded men don't get carted away if their displays of strength make people think they're something special.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D - ask the Steward: "Probably a stupid question, but, I don't suppose you have any idea where her Master is or where they were supposed to have gone?"

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diog, this is unrelated to Yeledtov, but related to settling here
During our last baitel trip:

“Over the course of your stay in Baitel you learn the location of many areas inside of Ur where monsters which have yet to be slain reside”

Are any of these areas within a month’s travel from Armanum/Kelashin?

Always look for sidequests

Was Master taller than you?

Diog, how expensive would a ritual to know what the perfect treat is would cost? Assume we perform it in this chamber right now, and how much cheaper could it get with pusbi’s aid. The Dog is a Martial Champion that worships El, should make it cheaper

Diog, are there any notorious swords in this city?

Any Martial champions or other warriors of El?

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 27, 2024

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It seems reasonable to guess at some point that the perfect treat is a Blue Orb. This dog is so big and long lived because he ate multiple blue orbs. They are very delicious. Just to confirm:

Were the perfect treats blue colored? Round?

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Apr 27, 2024

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Theglavwen posted:

As much as I'm actually in favour of McSpanky style smack down, I think it's true that even if other blooded dudes could pull off powers like that, we need to be even more careful when it comes to slinging poo poo around. Other blooded men don't get carted away if their displays of strength make people think they're something special.

Fair enough, nix the fireworks then. Editing my original post.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

How did your master beat the winged ones that were crazy?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Random request not connected to this vote but stating intent for later. Make the soup recipes when we get back and enjoy a few new hearty soups

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Did Master let other people join The People?

"No?"

Did Master ever do anything to help other people become part of The People?

"Yes. Sometimes he help and then they become The People?"

Like make them stronger, faster, have better cubs?

"Don't know."

Do you understand what "The Pack" is?
After some discussion they seem to understand what you mean.

Can anyone become a part of The Pack?
What if they help The Pack or fight for The Pack?

"No?"

Okay, how does someone become part of The People then?

"Do not know, ask Leader? That is a Leader thing. They would know, or My Friend, My Friend will know."

Does the Leader ask about fighting?

"Some did. Not this one."

Does the Leader tell you much about other cities?

"No. This Leader does not come much."

What do you think about The People taking other People as pets?

"What do you mean?"

You explain the concept of slavery.

"Oh. That is a thing."

Is it a bad thing?

"No?"

What about People forcing those People Pets to do hard work with no treats?

This seems to give them pause as gears slowly turn in their doggy mind.

"That is not nice."

After further probing you try to ask if all slaves are part of The People and this seems to confuse them but as you probe further they give a slightly confused sounding...

"No?"

Keep in mind you are talking to an old and Very Large Dog. Most dogs are probably unable to discuss the finer points of slavery, so their conception of it seems... shaky?

Would the People you protect ever fight other People?
Kill them?
Take their things?
Take other people and make them Work-Pets?

"But those are not THE People?"

Yes, but is it okay if The People do those things to other people?

"If they need to, yes? Master knows if it would be good or not and Master is away so now Leader decides until Master comes home."

What if the Leader says you want your People to do those things?

"But I don't? Do I? I do not think I do? You talk strange, strange words."

Would you like us to talk to the Leader and make sure he's not doing those things?

Would you like me and Snarls to come back and visit?

"Yes! I like you and I like him too. You should come back and we can play games."

Would you like us to bring anything for you?

Diogines posted:

"Yes. Find Master? Tell him... tell him to come home! Tell him I kept The People safe b-b-but I miss him!

The Very Large Dog breaks down crying again.

"Maaaaaaaster!"

They let out a loud, mournful howl.

A bigger blanket, maybe?

"Yes, like small one. This is nice!"

The special, superior cloth used to make that blanket actually takes quite a lot of time to make, this was not a cheap gift. It is not... civic-engineering-project scale expensive but it is not trivial, ONE blanket of that quality big enough for the entire dog is not a small thing, it really probably is not something you want to devote your limited labor resources too right now? Though of course if you want to, you can. You are the King after all! But the women who would work on it would probably help a lot of your people a lot more doing other things.

[...]

I hope you are feeling better today A Terrible Person.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

"Each other and other things, or some not fight? But they are bad because everyone who can fight needs to fight for THE MAKER! The Maker knows best, almost as good as Master!"

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, this is unrelated to Yeledtov, but related to settling here
During our last baitel trip:

“Over the course of your stay in Baitel you learn the location of many areas inside of Ur where monsters which have yet to be slain reside”

Are any of these areas within a month’s travel from Armanum/Kelashin?
At the speed with which you travel, yes.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Was Master taller than you?

"When I was small. Now we are the same."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, how expensive would a ritual to know what the perfect treat is would cost? Assume we perform it in this chamber right now, and how much cheaper could it get with pusbi’s aid. The Dog is a Martial Champion that worships El, should make it cheaper
To clarify do you mean his favorite food, or just the platonic idea of the Perfect Doggy Treat? The answer I suppose is probably the same either way, 2-4 Shards of Nephesh now, if you did it at home with Puabi's help (or had Puabi here) and did not rush it, you could probably do it for 1 Shard of Nephesh?

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, are there any notorious swords in this city?
Yes though none of vast mystic power but there are some famous ones, including the one owned by Zabdi, which is actual Blooded Bronze. It is quite old and which is known as Swiftclaw, a sword which everyone knows was made by Yeledtov for the first Steward in ages long past.

Mr. Nemo posted:

Any Martial champions or other warriors of El?
Other than the guards you felt at the door, four others like them (who may also just be guards associated with that Melachim?), a few people in the city might give a small tinge of "martial champion" but barely, many common men in Kavodel give a stronger one. So the answer is probably no, not really? As you recall this Ability only seems to concern MEN, it might have tagged Yeledtov if she were not a Very Large Dog? Though to clarify we meant human, not specificially male. It is limited to humans, you think, theoretically, your Abilities concerning Martial Champions would work on women.

alpaca diseases posted:

How did your master beat the winged ones that were crazy?

"He hit them very hard or cut them or did the big WOOSH FATOOSH WHOOO KASOOSH things."

Further attempts to figure out what the heck that means do not go particuarly well, your best guess is he may mean something mystical?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 27, 2024

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ask her if the favorite food looked white and flaky?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Ask her if the favorite food looked white and flaky?

"Yes!!"

They start to drool.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Diogines posted:

"Yes!!"

They start to drool.

Manna like Asahel gave us, so basically nephesh made as a food.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

10 points to Gryffindor.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

Yes though none of vast mystic power but there are some famous ones, including the one owned by Zabdi, which is actual Blooded Bronze. It is quite old and which is known as Swiftclaw, a sword which everyone knows was made by Yeledtov for the first Steward in ages long past.

Do you know how to smith?
Do you know how to make swords?
Do you know how to make items with special powers?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Do you know how to smith?
Do you know how to make swords?
Do you know how to make items with special powers?

"No."

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Question
1. Did your master make explain why that's the food he gives you?
2. Did he also make similar food for the people that fight with him?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We are so close to make this dog anti-slavery.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Enkidel is making the El drat dogs woke!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
My dog spent ten minutes with Enkidel and now they want to treat slaves like people