Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It took me an hour to order last night. I kept thinking "just wait till morning" but I didn't give up. I'm glad I didn't seeing as it is backordered now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dang that sucks. Mine says it shipped and should be here saturday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The lego shop limited it to 5 per person. Who knows what other stores limit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I want it because I love the Saturn V and Apollo. I don't know why everyone else is so obsessed with it. Hopefully these people will be forced to sell it at normal price when no one wants to pay 200 dollars for it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

• It's an Ideas set, so there's always a fear that it will go out of stock and never show up again.

Do people still think this? Ideas sets run for about a year. I remember they pulled all the Wall E sets for a while and made new ones.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

Wow, what a shitlord. I hope Lego restocks super fast and resellers like this end up with a stack of unsellable stock

They have nothing to lose. Whatever they don't sell after 29 days, they take back to the store. What I want to know is, how do they get so many in the first place? Like how does a store let you carry out 30 of them on day one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Mine is still on a truck somewhere.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I got my space rocket, I'll build it some day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Has anyone found a baseball bat case that it fits in?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I haven't thought about the diameter. Looking around, the longest cases have an interior dimension of 38 inches. It would be possible to store it without the escape system probably.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I just completed the S-IC stage and i'll do some more tomorrow. has anyone had the side of their rocket spell out "rear end" yet?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't worry, I took care of it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do all the lego lands ban nerdy goonlords from entering without children?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Tested has several Lego videos.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's really a testament to how well Lego bits hold together.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They will make more, it's only been a few days.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Enigma posted:

Mine too came with a mini Armstrong, Aldrin, Collins...and...um...Dave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoZcbH41Pmc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that changeable via swapping parts?

Is that shape available as quarters? It would probably be tricky to get a hinge that would fit in there and also wouldn't leave a big gap between the S-IVB and the Apollo stack.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At least whoever is doing that knows what they have. Most of us will end up with "here's my dad's dumb toys. $70 or best offer."

I really want that super car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
One on mine definitely swings around noticeably.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are we posting our collections?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The official Wall E treads don't roll very well either. The only way to get them to roll easily is over textured carpet that can grab the treads. I really want to bricklink some parts to color swap my WallE though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SuperSpiff posted:

I was perfectly okay with not getting the Saturn V rocket, but my dad dropped some pretty heavy hints about it for Father's Day. It looks like it's unavailable online and it's being gouged heavily on Amazon/eBay. I'm planning on running to the Lego store today, but my odds are pretty slim at this point, eh?

You could just get him a card and say "I'll get you the saturn V when it's available again."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
All I see is scalpers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Minecraft Lego just seems like Lego telling you how to use a basic Lego set.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It just seems like it's more of a way to trick parents than it is to draw in kids. They could just sell a big bucket of a thousand pieces in Minecraft colors and kids would go nuts over it. Parents probably don't know anything about minecraft other than that their kids are nuts over it. By selling individual sets, Lego can get parents to buy several of them for a higher price than a bucket would be.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad they don't do stickers for the ideas sets because I refuse to do stickers. I always leave them off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ShaneB posted:

are people actually that weird about dish shapes

i'm not sure why i'm asking a question i already know the answer to

The Falcon from the original movies had a round dish, which was knocked off. The falcon in the new movie has a rectangular dish. So people would probably want to have the original dish shape.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
People get upset about about not getting baseplates anymore but they weren't all that great. One of my Aquasharks setes came with that exact baseplate except colored to look like it was under water. It severely limits what you can do with the set. I rarely used them. One of them came with a baseplate that had no studs and it was just a bunch of molded plastic shapes sticking up. Completely useless.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think back then, Technic was just more advanced lego because it was all just Lego bricks with holes in them and pegs and whatever. if you were going to build lego stuff with technic stuff, it might as well just be a technic set. Now Technic is all liftarms and rods and whatnot so technic bricks and pieces can be put into lego sets.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They really should sell those figures again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Lego needs to start up a rocket ship line and keep making more space dicks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are these Lepin sets the factory that makes sets for Lego doing an extra run at night? Or did they just sell old molds to someone else or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Your daughter might be a sociopath.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

duz posted:

They're not the original molds since they don't have the Lego stamp on the pieces. However the quality on them is so high, it very well could be the same factory and they just made two sets of molds, one Lego for during the day and one Lepin for during the night.

I figured they would take older worn out molds and then grind off or fill in the part that says Lego.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Feenix posted:

oh man, I kickstarted some business doing this. Nimuno Loops, I think? They are gonna be crushed.

You just learned the lesson of "Don't kickstart something that can easily be copied."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

Especially if you're using Chinese manufacturing! Fidget cubes were available on aliexpress/baba before the Kickstarter even finished.

Assuming the kickstarter creator didn't just find them on ali and then make a campaign around them, like I've seen plenty of times before.

Fidget cubes was one of the few projects that was actually genuine that was immediately copied by someone in China. There is a guy in China who has connections with some factories who got rich by just looking on Kickstarter for things he can quickly get manufactured and sell.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

I finished the Saturn V last night. The build took evenings most of the week and I got chills as I watched it get taller and taller.
I sat there staring at it for a few minutes just in awe of this cool set.

Lucky me, I get to do it again.

Please tag things as :nms: next time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

xzzy posted:

My rocket got tipped over too, by a cat. Now it's on a shelf that no kitty can reach.

Haha look at this idiot. "A shelf no kitty can reach." You are living in ignorance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That gas station is 120 dollars? That's insane compared to the Saturn V.