Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waci posted:

This is literally nothing but excellent recommendations and I wish Morishima wrote more OL stuff instead of more Hanjuku Joshi.

Life is suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Now Loading has the most relatable manga panel in history

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

sockpuppetclock posted:

I was expecting like a medical drama or something but it really is just an isekai. :geno:

Help! I have been reincarnated in Emergency Room: Code Blue!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe this boy is stealing away all this screen time that should belong to the ghost.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Well, I believe in god now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

so this is what representation feels like

god I love those two goobers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This was ok and honestly found it way better than Bokura no Hentai. I don't really like Bokura no Hentai.

Also good ending

e:

Rodyle posted:

Least Lili is around.

Lili should get a spinoff manga with her going on some sort of adventure with the battle Princess from that other country.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 12, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Compendium posted:

What would you say Himegoto has over Bokura no Hentai? I'm really curious since I've read both and I'm not entirely sure if I like one over the other.

Bokura no Hentai's characters just, weren't that interesting? I only end up liking the trans girl and the crossdressing guy who wasn't part of the main three. I mean one of the three leads just ends up kinda falling into the background after a while and never does anything interesting again. Himegoto is way more trashy, and the three were way more toxic to each other, but I found them way more interesting and likable as well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cephas posted:

I really liked Bokura no Hentai's trans character. Most of the trans stuff I've seen in manga has been, I dunno, more dignified? But BnH makes its characters more vulnerable and depicts their internal feelings in panels in ways that made me think "Oh, I've totally been there mentally."

I think I get what you mean, and its not really just a manga thing. When a trans character shows up in something, and is not treated as a joke, its tends to be the "struggles with prejudice" story about them holding their head up high despite it all.

Also I think another large part of this is the whole "trans = crazy" thing that has been prevalent in pop culture forever, so you see writers who want to treat their trans characters with respect make them like, extremely mentally healthy individuals, and never really get into how like messed up dysphoria and poo poo can make you feel. I mean even trans creators themselves seem to tend to shy away from more introverted works.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

StandardVC10 posted:

The art style really complements how completely crazy Shun is

Yes, I too find the Laserdisc sized tongues unnerving.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Najimi is cool and Tadano is the idiot of the relationship if he can not understand how cool his genderfluid friend is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

I want to live in the alternate universe where the comic is about Najimi falling in love with Komi san because she's the first person they have trouble befriending.

I am going to make an Isekai about another world where its exactly the same as ours but decent mangas are replaced with much better counterparts and Najimi manga will feature in it.

e: Also feature would be a version of Yona of the Dawn where Lili is a member of Yona's harem.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 16, 2018

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also in my isekai where the mangas are better, that manga about the love rival being a ghost would have been about the ghost.
And I would have more of that vampire thing to read the prunus girl person is doing.
And Takako Shimura would write better endings.

Rodyle posted:

Both Yona and Geun Tae are spoken for, a true Lili tragedy

There are not enough tears in the world.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rodyle posted:

Maybe she'll become a Sailor Uranus fan and move to Xing.

Oh, so that is the reason why I like Kouren so much and think she is the coolest.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I enjoy that they are both extremely anxious people, instead of just one of them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would agree that they are not on the same level, but she is still pretty anxious. I mean just look at that new chapter.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oh god its my personal nightmare

I am reading the Love Doctor right now and out of all the webtoon yuri stuff I read, this is probably my favorite.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Raenir Salazar posted:

Whats the Yuri manga where a girl is trying to find another girl to sleep with but keeps missing opportunities.

This but instead of to sleep with its to watch Terrace House with and they need to have good opinions on Seina.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

since someone's gonna yell at me any mijnute now https://mangadex.org/manga/10658/baraou-no-souretsu

I finally got around to reading this and boy I like it a lot.
All good things make use of Joan of Arc.
Witchy Jeanne is cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hello my name is Jane da Arch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Oh, this updated again. I read a bit of a while ago because it was by the same person who did the Her anthology that was posted sometime back. I like her stuff.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

gently caress yeah...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

it' s hard to tell because i make all the same posts in both threads :angel:

You haven't tricked us yet with that evil plan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

I haven't read any imas doujins lately besides that one I was posting screens of but that wasn't romance. in the meantime read these

Normally I wouldn't read this, because I am not familiar with where the characters are from. But I did read them because I kinda felt obligated to after bringing them up indirectly.

I was not expecting to enjoy this one as much as I did. Not because I was expecting it to be bad, its just that I figure whatever it was going to end up being wouldn't really be for me, because I am lacking context. But ended up being one of the more relatable things I seen posted in the thread lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ahh yeah.
The baddest mother fuckers this close to the ground.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Did anyone link this in here as well? it was getting talked about in the chat thread https://mangadex.org/manga/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu

I really like it a lot, its the right mix of bummer, goofy, and character stuff for me.

I think this is going to end up going in the direction of the 17 year old realizing she is gay and ending up with the manager girl from her former club, maybe? Its going to be painful though because she has to get over her crush over her dead brother's wife, who also seems like, pretty straight never mind everything else.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

God drat, its like a 5 way Mexican standoff. But the question isn't "who is shooting first", rather it's who is going to spiral into endless depression first.

Anyway please be ok Nico. And well, everyone else.
Also preschool glasses guy, you are cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Woah portaling without the proper foot wear is dangerous!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
To multiclass like that is really game breaking.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

this was unfairly overlooked

i read it when posted earlier, they have different sized boobs, not much to say
as a legs gal, i only get passionate about legs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love the latest chapter of ani no yome to kurashite imasu for giving me "mean smug teacher who never lets go of her coffee."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New Ani No Yome to Kurashite Imasu https://mangadex.org/manga/17170/ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu/chapters/ and manga seems to be going in the direction i was hoping it would go with the club manager girl

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its nice when you can't read the thread for a while and you come back and its nothing but good content.

Also I seem to always miss Double House discussion :(
I would second that rec, manga has a very "cool" feeling to it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't know what Stretch is but everyone was calling Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu a Stretch earlier in this thread and it left me very confused.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, ok. I see it seems to have left a lot of people traumatized.

so the joke is anything with stretching and could be read as gay, can be called a Stretch. that kinda seems like a bad joke because the punchline kinda implies "heh, it won't be gay!" or something.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe I have to kill people now because of DisDisDis said so.

Hel posted:

References to Stretch in this thread is just someone asking in a work is going to be just queerbaiting or actually commit. You can see a similar thing in the dad manga thread with people referencing Usagi Drop(iirc) where after the majority of the series was about a dad raising his adopted kid it ended with them marrying.
Basically it's just someone asking if it's worth getting invested in a series or if it's going to turn into a massive disappointment/creepy and using a specific series as shorthand.

I think that is a very dissimilar example and you could have just said "series shorthand" lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When I was transitioning early on my therapist was very insistent on having me nail down what type of presentation I wanted and it just slowly turned into her asking me "how butch or femme do you want to be???"

I am glad to not have that therapist anymore.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Endorph posted:

i have to say, congrats on getting naoko takeuchi as a therapist

God I wish I was asked which Sailor Senshi I wanted to be because that would have been a lot more easier to answer and palpable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I mean its kinda easy to get confused when I was talking about Living with My Brother's Wife when you quoted me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I said everyone was calling it stretch but really it was just one person and i was being a bit hyperbolic because I saw the stretch reference a dozen times for other things and been confused.

chumbler posted:

I don't think they're going to get married or anything in Brother's Wife, unless I'm forgetting something, but I like seeing the development of what they are to each other and who they are. It's kind of like the saying that your family members are the closest strangers, though maybe somewhat inverted in this case.

Of course they are not going to get married, 17 is going to be marrying the club manager girl.