Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

If you like Holmes on Homes, don't forget to look for Holmes Inspection and Holmes Makes it Right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

canyoneer posted:

http://i.imgur.com/bjbo02f.gifv

Linked because maybe dead.
For those who don't click through, it's a guy Looney-Tunes'ing himself off a concrete ledge with a jackhammer.

This disappointed me because your description made me think his feet came off the ground and the jackhammer carried him pogo-stick style off the edge of the platform.

Edit: Possibly with a mid-air pause while gravity considerately waited for him to realize he wasn't standing on anything before pulling him down.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Those garage doors are false. The driveway is hinged at the top and swings up to reveal the real garage underneath.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I know gfycat picks the url randomly, but that was drat near spot on.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Window seats suck because they're a plank of hard wood that someone put a one-inch-thick slab of "cushion" on. No back, no give, terrible. I bet if you approached the window seat as if you were building a daybed or couch, with a tiny mattress, thick cushioned sides you could put your back against, etc. it'd become an actually nice place to sit.

Today's McMansion has something kind of like that:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

If you push on that wall, it should slide back and reveal a key.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

That bar projecting from under the eaves is for hoisting the wheelchair.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Bonster posted:

Can you imagine how freezing cold that place would be? Wide open floor plans are nice, but really hard to heat, especially bathrooms,

I think you just explained the open stairway to the bathroom.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

That has the added benefit of also testing for asbestos.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'm glad someone realized they might need to call three electricians at once.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

kid sinister posted:

Fire exit is blocked, opens inwards, no door handle.

To be fair, the fire would probably burn through that door before you even got lightly singed.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

This looks like one guy could somehow hear the soundtrack so he dressed it up like an evil nun.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

The way he phrased that means he's going to put 5 more machines in that bathroom.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

This picture makes me understand what Orwell meant by "doublethink" because I know for a fact that is not me on the right but I SWEAR that is me on the right.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'd be so tempted to grab some primary coloured cellophane and Mondrian these babies up.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Way back in the day when chandeliers used candles, a recess would've helped contain the soot stains.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I'm guessing this place belongs to a blind guy, he can't see out the front door, but his dog likes to look.

To be fair though, a lot of pics in that gallery could belong to a blind guy.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Given his use of "bloody" and "fuming" (although I'd argue his neighbours were the fumees) I'd say he's in England, and there's no shortage of walled up fireplaces in older homes there.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

He always seemed like he has a hell of a mean streak to me.

Can't spell Villain without Vila. :colbert:

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Just install a fireman's pole next to the staircase.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I would not be surprised if they were installed straight and the added weight caused the roof to sag.

EDIT: It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the solar panels will line up once installed.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I assume some kind of pipe/duct is going in there later.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Sirotan posted:

A foot out from the wall in the middle of two doorways?

They're stupid enough to put a tree there, is it really a stretch to think they'd put a pipe there?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

While I don't really begrudge Swastika, Ontario playing the "We had it first" card, 1922 honestly isn't a lot of time before Hitler hosed up the swastika for everyone.

EDIT: I am aware that is pretty low on the list of Hitler's offenses.

Hispanic! At The Disco fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 29, 2022

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Permission to treat the witness as hostile

Really this should be in effect for the whole drat thread.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I used to work in a hardware store, and on one occasion a co-worker was using the computer to look up something called a 'sozzle'. It took me nearly a minute to decipher that one.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Zil posted:

Do you ever just want to build a shame cube in the middle of your living room for your refrigerator?

If you press a switch on the other side of the house, the whole thing sinks flush with the floor and there's some kind of power-up on top.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I've found that if I pour Bud Light directly in the toilet it saves time, I don't have to taste it, and I don't get any less drunk.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Windows on both sides of the kitchen suggests that it is a tiny house, and these are hardly the stupidest stairs I've seen in a tiny house.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

That's the bathroom at the Marx Bros. mansion.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

If yall aren't aware, you can drive a semi-truck in the US without any training or license or inspection if you slap an "RV" on top of it. Literally any 80 year old can drive around something that requires schooling and a commercial driver's license

The Region of Peel is in southern Ontario, Canada. I have no idea if the RV trick works there.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the tiles toilet will line up once installed.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Harry_Potato posted:

The fridge door will only open 80 degrees. Your killin me smalls.

They just need to recess a hotel pan into the wall.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

And if you can somehow convincingly communicate that what is down there will kill you, people will think "So I can use it to kill my enemies".

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Tesla opted for the One Giant Knob owner instead.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Sirotan posted:

Even the beat to hell ones can be saved. Former owner was a wheelchair user at the end of his life, and most of the doors and almost all the door trim was ground down at the same height from a wheelchair rubbing on it for years.

Christ, that was a loving tall wheelchair.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I hate strangers in my bathroom too, but Hitler's reaction was a little extreme.

Edit: OK, it turns out Hitler had a history of extreme reactions.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

It's nearly impossible to predict exactly where the disco lights will line up once installed.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I think the 4" ones are for people who can't be bothered to take the old sheet of drywall down first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I assume the d in toolguyd.com stands for "died."