Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
It’s pretty common in McMansion construction to have a patch of field or flag stone so it looks like you bought a castle... sort of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Two trees enter, no tree leaves.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Atticus_1354 posted:

Going to make those for my kitchen corner. I hate the drat spinner in the corner that is so popular.

We got around having a spinner corner cabinet by not having any corners in our galley kitchen.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Using your disposal for anything beyond small bits is uncivilized and I won’t hear of it.

Compost your scraps you heathens.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, but that's not really a garbage disposal problem since you can dump grease down any old drain.

I've had a disposal in my house practically my whole life. I actually get really annoyed not having one because then you have to scrape off bits into the garbage. I have learned not to go hog wild with it though and dump big stuff down the disposal. I've also gotten a lot better at composting, which takes care of a huge amount of my food waste anyway, but if you don't have a garden, then composting is pretty pointless.

Lots of cities collect compost as part of trash and recycling services.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

More disguised mobile home photos: https://imgur.com/a/IGdSd

:thunk:

lmao is that an internal vent stack?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Dr.Smasher posted:

Does it have a hot chicks room?

Bucket Of Truth or it’s no deal.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

A lot of listings will call it a bonus room if it doesn’t have legal fire egress out of a window and/or if it doesn’t have a legit closet in it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Want to see those stairs after five years of renting it out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Since company bonuses came out last month I am seeing a rash of brand new big-rear end trucks at work. Lots of shiny chrome. I call them Fisher Price War Boys.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

This is the crisis of the 21st Century Man Child: “I can fix my own poo poo?”

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Jaded Burnout posted:

IMO the true crisis is "Can I fix this, or does it just look easy when done by someone else on youtube"

Def watched a yt video of a guy removing the interior panel of my car and said “that dudes forearms are like 3x mine” and decided otherwise.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

And if I show up with a slip of paper saying I read ten Encyclopedia Brown books, you gotta give me a free personal pan pizza.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

It's now waterbottom property.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

dumb. posted:

From the funny pictures PYF

Psst

Psssst hey kid

piss tape is real

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I imagine they just need to build a deck and haven’t done so yet. I’ve seen this in new builds before.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why wouldn’t you just make a custom cutout for the rear end end of your car like a regular person?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Can someone repost the truck_garage_ass_cutout.jpg

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

God bless you.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

We just trained our cats to gently caress off at night. Took us like six weeks and we replaced the bedroom door afterward.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Beasts? gently caress that those are my familiars.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Same here. I can’t look at any sort of rod or pole and not think “how can i grease that sumbitch down and shove it up my butt?”

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Looks like an upscale prison

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Is that siding? Instead of brick?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I took the ornamental shutters off my house almost immediately. They look tacky as gently caress in addition to being stupid as hell because they don’t actually do anything.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why are you putting any of your own time or money into a rental?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah but are you stripping wallpaper?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Blew their budget and couldn’t get a patio set lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Great shot from 2mi away my man. Frame that one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That’s literally the entire show except for when they’re fighting. Then they talk to other folks a ton instead.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Those doors are gonna look tacky and dated as hell in four years or less.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Less of a water closet and more of a water alcove.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

JoshGuitar posted:

I've re-tensioned those a couple times (after having to temporarily remove a door). You do have to be careful, but being careful with those is pretty easy:
1) Use the correct tool (either a pair of officially licensed Windin' Sticks or a couple of 18" pieces of round stock of the correct diameter).
2) Make sure one tool is fully seated in the socket, before you remove the other tool or apply any force to the tool you just stuck in the hole.
3) Be absolutely certain the set screw is tight before removing your officially licensed Windin' Stick.

You don't even have to put that much force on the winding bars. The horror stories I read lead me to believe I'd be balanced precariously on a ladder while using my entire body weight to wind the spring. When they're fully tensioned you're putting, I dunno, 25 pounds of force on an 18" lever? It's been a while and I didn't measure or anything, but it's somewhere in that ballpark.

That’s about 450 in lbs of torque. I don’t know how this helps but I do a lot of torque calibrations at work and I took the day off so my brain doesn’t know what to do with this information.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

minor nitpick, metric thread pitch specifies the distance between threads. M8x1.5 has threads that are spaced 1.5mm apart

I recently had to deal with getting measurements for a unit manufactured in Sweden and realizing that metric thread pitch is calculated in a completely different manner than standard measurements was one of those things where i had to look at the wiki for multiple minutes to suss out wtf was going on.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

My house is a literal cube with a slight roof pitch. Anything else is affront to my civilities.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I grew up living in suburban neighborhoods that were comprised of houses that were always always always built within three years of each other.

Now I live in a neighborhood where the houses span between 1930 and 2009 in build year and it is such a nice change.

The one interesting effect this has is that it makes the house prices fluctuate wildly from house to house. Growing up it was understood that your friends house down the street was almost identical to yours in layout and amenities and they were probably worth the same amount unless someone put in a pool or something.

The house on my street that was built in 2009 is the most expensive house on the block by over $200k. There are a few houses worth about half of its last sale value at this point.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

You couldn’t pay me to get a car with a sunroof. I would refuse the payment.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

No that owns.

I just had my own fence built almost identical to that one so I might be biased though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Sloppy posted:

No HOA should be involved in anything aesthetic ever, just repairs.

There's a house on my street with a front door that has glass panes in it. One of the panes has been shattered since I moved in. That was 2012.

Gives the block character if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

i like the noise metal makes when it rains :3: i love mine, and just checking that the gaskets on the screws are still good is about as much maintenance to it as i want to do

I have a metal roof that is absolutely silent indoors because we blew in a bunch of insulation into the attic when we did it.

But if you step outside (or open a window) while it's raining, you can hear the pings and whatnot.