Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Karjia posted:

I just pulled this black cat from the local shelter and is my newest foster cat (who will probably end up being a perm. member).

I'm pretty sure the previous owner of that cat used a spraybottle of peroxide for training instead of water :stare:

(It's really really cool and I am jealous)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

My mom is a chai aficionada and when she moved out, she left me (a non-chai aficionada) all her milk cans. I still haven't figured out what to do with them. Pumpkin pie is ABSOLUTELY not an option. :gonk:

My mother makes a concoction called "gooey butter bars" that uses condensed milk, but giving out that recipe might be considered a war crime in my family...

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

marshmallard posted:

She looks like a Betty to me. Whoa, Black Betty, bamalam.

This is the correct answer.

EDIT: http://youtu.be/lMLnDuzgkjo

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I may have told this story before, but when I got Prince at the shelter, I had been checking out this huge, beautiful little man of a Maine Coon, when this black paw appeared between the bars of the adjacent cage, slowly extended the claws, ever so slightly dug into the back of my hand and dragged it over to the cage, where Prince was just looking out at me like "Heh, yeah, you look like a sucker. Take me home, will ya? The food here sucks!" I opened up the cage door and he pretty much exploded into my arms and started purring.

It was the eptiome of :kiddo: and I love my huge black crazy cat.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I'm 6'4 and I haven't bought an extra-long bed yet, so I usually end up sleeping diagonally (this also happens to make lady sleepovers interesting, because my feet hang off the bed and I cant get comfy; sacrifices I suppose), giving Prince a lot of room to make himself comfy.

When I was home and off work after my accident and high as a kite on various painkillers and muscle relaxants, that cat was either hanging out with me being chill or chasing people away from my bed.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Pepper has a FAN-drat-TASTIC floofy-tail :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I get so drat paranoid around Halloween with mine, thinking he'll make a break for the door or something on that night... :ohdear:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

DisMafugga posted:

Story about a black cat named Suika that has been missing since the Tsunami in Japan making it home recently. :3:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/10824207/Cat-missing-since-Japan-tsunami-reunited-with-owners.html

Reminds me of my little black bastard. About three months after I got him, he darted out the door. He'd done this before and would come back for supper, but this time he didn't show. A few days went by and we became more and more frantic. Signs up, the whole lot. I even went and looked at a black cat someone had found that turned out not to be him. after a couple months we gave up.

Six months later I get a call at work from an animal hospital 30 miles away from where I live. He'd showed up in someone's back yard about 23 miles from the house, and the family there took him in to get him scanned for a chip, whereupon my name popped up. I told my boss at my lovely grocery store job that I was taking a two hour lunch RIGHT NOW to go get my cat, a collar, and some food.

Cat positively crawled down my collar after I let him out of the crate in the lobby of the vet's office. The receptionists were absolutely mushy about it too.

He still tries to escape (and occasionally succeeds) but he never fails to come back for his supper anymore.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

crowbb posted:

This is Jinx. Even with a urinary tract infection going on he always has time for boxes.

Stay on top of it; I noticed my boy was having a tough time at the litterbox and it turned into a three-night stay at the vet with catheter for a nice $940. Royal Canin Urinary SO for the rest of his days. Good god I thought wet food stank; I was so wrong.

Here is Prince, after I had to resort to... methods... to restrain him from licking a raw spot on his chest before I could get a cone

Fresh home from the vet, Prince very much wanted to be left alone and sulk at me for having done him the injustice of leaving him at the vet for three days.

"Why do you disturb me, human :catstare:"

Shelter cats are the second-best cats. Best cats being dumpster-cats and parking lot cats, of course.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

DisMafugga posted:

He seems to fit perfectly to me. :3:

Yet more proof that cats are liquids.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I got the little bastard to sit still in some decent lighting while I was watching football:

His name is Prince and he is my shelter cat and I love him most dearly. I have had my mother and two girlfriends try to steal him from me. He is a completely unabashed attention whore that plays hard to get.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Sep 7, 2014

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I got the last two beers in the fridge, and welp.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Does Charm have rings in her tail?! :kimchi:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 14, 2014

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
So I've had my big furry coal spot for a few years now, and he's always been plenty affectionate. But today, I'm was lying in bed reading SA on my phone and he climbs up next to me, stares for a second, then tonks me right between the eyes with his forehead. He's never done that before. Cattes :3:

EDIT: Ohgod mobile posting :downs:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 17, 2015

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
:stare: That's some incredibly good photography of a black cat.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Pixelante posted:

Snowflake's first vet trip.

So much anger. :kimchi:

Such a tiny package :swoon:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Wasn't able to make the bed today. One does not disturb a sleeping beast with such terrible fangs :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Well, I can't say it's a terrible idea for catching bird, but he might reconsider when I finish installing the fogger.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
My black cat lives with my parents since I began to exhibit allergy symptoms in his presence. I came home for Christmas and he's definitely not feeling good. Leftover stool on the anus (extremely uncharacteristic, Prince is usually very clean), grumpy, seemingly tender in the lower abdomen doesn't want to cuddle or purr. Going to the vet, hope it's not another urinary problem, I've had him on RC Urinary SO since his first bout with crystals three years ago. Last time that cost me nearly $3000 and I would really like to save that for a replacement vehicle.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I know it's probably perspective, but that paw looks absolutely massive :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Today I learned that my boy Prince is having heart trouble :( I hope to hear more from the vet soon about keeping a feline cardiac patient.

Edit: We've currently got a diuretic to deal with the thoracic fluid buildup and lower-sodium urinary food, since the Royal Canin Urinary SO apparently has a lot of sodium. We'll see how things play out.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 27, 2018

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Got a photo of him with his brother this weekend, the sun helps

Oh those photos and kitties are gorgeous :swoon:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Packed Lunch posted:

Guy went AWOL after new years... Massively bummed about it and constantly looking out for him.
Don't really appreciate how much of your daily routine revolves around the furry bastards until they're no longer there to swat at your legs when you walk past. Miss ya Sherman!

My boy Prince once went on a 6 month walkabout before I got a call from a vet 25 miles away: "Mr. Bum? We have your cat." "I don't own a... wait, PRINCE?!" Chips for the win. (I hope your catte is chipped :ohdear:, best of fortune for his return)

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 7, 2021

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Is that a kitty window hammock?! How adorable!

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

He was just laying on that rock watching me while I was working:

Your supervisor is adorable. Don't tell him I said that though it looks like he takes the job very seriously.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Hi posted:

Always feel bad that I cant bring her inside though, so when toys r us went out of business I bought a childrens club house :krad: Cat Mansion and built it for her

its got food and water of course, a pet bed,

and a thermostatically controlled heat lamp to keep her warm when it gets cold

My dude literally built a house for the outside kitties :syoon: what a cool cat :haw:

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 27, 2021

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

What a murderously adorable creature :allears:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

Oh man it was Black Cat Day yesterday apparently. Post your black cats

https://i.imgur.com/19qKuJT.mp4

How do you not mess with that tail

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kuskus posted:

This old man is keeping my testicles extremely warm while I work. I love him and I hope he never dies.

That is a majestic set of whiskers

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Pixelante posted:

Ethics really likes my cube shelving, especially the bin I keep my pajamas in.

Naming a cat "Ethics", wow. That's like, I dunno, calling your bicycle a boat :v: I love it

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

I have a new friend from Florida! One of the hurricane refugees.

Her name is Commander George Shepard. She's like 2.5 months old and 2.5lbs. Full on snuggle monster vibrating machine.

So far the introductions have been going pretty well with my 6 year old boy and 14 year old lady.

Always wanted to be able to post here :kimchi:

The fuzziness of her coat reminds me of an old wizards beard :3:

Mederlock posted:

Can confirm our first cat was lonely and would cry at the door whenever we left and came back, which 100% stopped once we got her a fine tuxedo gentleman to hang out with. And it truly is not much more work.

yes but then you end up doing the n+1 thing with cattes and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Letmebefrank posted:

Spring time for the old man

ol' kinky whiskers :3:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

And Rumbus. He's about 8 months old. He was a stray that hung out around my apartment complex and when I found his also-black sibling dead I decided they weren't both gonna die and he came inside. He's super food motivated and he is gonna be a BEEFER.

Oh sweet heavens what a beautiful wee beastie :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my sweet heavens :syoon: :five: