Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
This is Ollie:

He's about 11 weeks old, possible Lab/Border Collie mix. He's poorly today and off his food. Vet wouldn't do his shots today, and prescribed chicken & boiled rice to eat sprinkled with a probiotic supplement.

We've had him for two weeks today and I'm worried about the poor little bitey bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

After a rough night with much throwing up, Ollie is feeling better now, and in fact can't understand why he can't eat all the chicken and rice at once. Here he is trying to see if any more food is in the offing.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Verman posted:

The biggest difference between puppies and kids, kids are immobile for a while. Puppies are fast right from the start, and they bite.

Also puppies involve a good deal more making GBS threads on the floor, in my experience.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Today is, apparently, National Puppy Day.

Edit: what the hell are you doing Ollie.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 23, 2021

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Goodpancakes posted:

My dumb dog won't play fetch yet and it's frustrating. You would love this you walnut brain
Ollie is very much of the "no take, only throw" persuasion. But we learned he really enjoys the wrestling for the ball/object phase, particularly if you sit on the ground so he can do it on your lap. Eventually he will lose it, then you throw and he brings it back. It's like two games in one.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
6-ish month puppy update: still a big lunk.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

AndyElusive posted:

Edit: pup has been coned.

Poor pupper. I hope he gets better soon.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Relatedly, on the topic of leashes, I loving hate those stupid extending leashes
[...]
Like maybe I could see an excuse if you want to take your dog to run in an open park but it can’t be trusted to come back if it’s off the leash, but just walking down the street there’s absolutely no need for it.

Lots of cities/areas don't allow off-leash dogs except in an enclosed dog-park, so yeah if your dog wants to run around it's sometimes your only option. It's a little awkward but I carry an extra leash, a rope one for walking, and an extending one for while we're at the park.

The flat ribbon kind are better as you can grab them in an emergency without instantly slicing you fingers. A short bungie extension is good too, to absorb the shock when you hit the end of the reel. You have to keep an eye on them for fraying or they will break when you least expect it.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
My vets office will give you the cheap flat fabric version of those slip-leases to you for free if you ask. We use one to keep Ollie in the bath at bathtime.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

StrixNebulosa posted:

>goes into bedroom
>closes door
>finishes up a few minutes later, steps out
>apollo's SAD JUDGMENTAL STARE AT BEING ABANDONED FOREVER

Leaves dog in the car (with passenger, engine still running).
Goes into grocery store
Returns with milk 3 minutes later
Ollie's ALL THE FACE LICKS I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

I said come in! posted:

Would anyone like to see a picture of Millie?

Thoroughly ModernAdorable Millie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Ollie needed an ear infection seen to, but was too stressed out at the vet to be treated.

So they gave him a sedative. Currently zonked out and farting. Ears were successfully treated, though.