Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tendai posted:

Holy poo poo.

:pusheen:

Figured someone would want potato avatars.

Sekkira posted:

Dreggon is actually a cockatoo in disguise.

Lurking through this thread I'd assumed they'd devoured Dreggon in a shrieking mess of white feathers some time ago and Gaston was now impersonating him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"It puts the seeds in the basket, or else it loses another finger".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Potato Salad posted:

I have been asked to think of an explaination.

Fear the little Death...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

learnincurve posted:

I told my mother about Gaston and she reacted with horror and "why would you encourage that by feeding him?!" My mother is a bit funny about wild Australian animals, as their was a traumatic childhood incident involving a kangaroo and a small yappy dog (although not so traumatized as to not gently caress off back home when the weather gets bad in the UK though). Kangaroos are total dicks and Skippy the Bush Kangaroo is a lie.

Here's your basic rundown on some of the more beloved cute and cuddly Australian wildlife;

Kangaroos - steroid muscle jocks. When they fight, they wrestle and it often ends in sleeper-holding the loser out. Piss one off enough and they'll kick your kidneys out your back.

Wombats - Waddling tanks. Look cute and cuddly, right up until they're angry. After that, the official recommended procedure is to get the gently caress off ground-level, or they will smash your ankles to knock you down and then you're really hosed.

Platypus - Nature's cruel joke with a punchline; They're poisonous. They have a neurotoxic sting that stays in your system for weeks and feels like your body's on fire. There's also no known cure for it.

Pelicans - Thieving bastards that will go for anything up to and including small children if they can get away with it. And they drat-well believe they can get away with anything.

Magpies - nui-AAARRRCK-sance little fuc-AAAAARCK-ers prone to swooping peo-AAARCCCK-ple for going near where they want to live. Or just screaming out-AAARCK-side your window in a tree at 5-o'-AAAAARCK-clock in the morning.

Kookaburra - Laughs like a lunatic, hunts like a serial killer. They eat other birds, and are quite patient little devils too when it comes to getting a meal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dammit, I usually get that right :cripes:.

GoldStandardConure posted:

I got attacked by a pelican when I was about 4, as my dad told me a pelican at the zoo was a statue (it was standing very still) and to go up and have a closer look. Pelicans are jerks.

I've been told that when I was two a pelican decided I was lunch and tried to eat me in my stroller.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreggon posted:

this doesnt work

Losing your fingers to wild cockatoos doesn't count, Dreggon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SaNChEzZ posted:

So, this may have just happened:

Sekkira posted:

Let's be honest here. Who doesn't want a taco credit card?

(I know it's Ritz, shut up.)

So, what you're saying is, he's putting on the Ritz? :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mirthless posted:

Status update on the new budgie:

Oh! Hello.

High Res Boodge:

Current name contenders are Muffin and Bagel, in keeping with our breakfast themed pet names. I have also considered yogurt? But I think my wife is vetoing that one.

Snowpeak Finger-Slayer, Destroyer of Lives, The Shrill Death of Men.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Potato Salad posted:

My ears are ringing just looking at it.

It says "voicing", but all I think is they're practicing the Weirding Way;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Twmc6jUrNw

No-one teach them to say Muad'Dib or we're all hosed :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
He'a preening your hair and throwing up on your hand?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

If I move overseas it'll probably be to the UK as I have dual citizenship, or wherever in the EU I can work with that. I admit I'm still kind of horrified by news stories from the US on a regular basis. Realistically I'll probably go to Melbourne at some point or go all out and move to Tasmania :v:

Bad news; We've had a few 45-degree days down in Melbourne too :supaburn:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Potato Salad posted:

code:
Teen-	age	Mu-	tant	Nin-	ja	Tur-	tles

Migh-	ty	Figh-	ty	Bi-	tey	Whi-	tey

Bastards that'll bite you; COCKY POWER!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I have offered them sunnies before and they stare at them contemptuously. Its not enough. The fingats must go.

Season the sunflower seeds with some of your blood first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

*squawk* it's a clip not a magazine *whistle* an armed society is a polite society

*whistle* Up two degrees and a little to the left *KEKEKEKESCREECH* Target down!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I laugh like an idiot every time I see this drat video :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I only have one remote though and it gets barely used (for my TV; the channel never gets changed as it only ever gets used for my PS3) so encouraging him to eat remotes probably won't be too bad by comparison.

PS3 controllers probably look pretty remote-y to birds...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

schnickety scribe posted:

Also, Maestro is happily muttering to himself in the birdie cave he made under the blanket. He just said "hashtag." Lol wut, bird?

Your bird's just tweeting.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreggon posted:

whats wrong with that bird it keeps vibrating

It's quaking :v:.

Mizuti posted:

Do any of the bird crazies regulars have a quaker parrot?

Now you can have one too! :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dreggon posted:

wild birds are all independent which is why they're so great

Nice try, Gaston.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Narrator posted:

Link.

The new Jaws for James Bond looking good.

"First thing I'm crunching is your finger". :toughguy:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Once metal bird discovers the secrets of fire, we're doomed.

Well, more doomed.

He's gonna figure out he can make sparks by scratching his beak on certain things. After that comes the spat of mysterious housefires...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

So many cups, not enough songs to sing into them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

All the birds always look like they are plotting murder itt except toast, hes plotting ponytail sexytimes

Amadeus seems pretty happy and non-murderous. He's probably just better at concealing it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trebuchet King posted:

i mean, they make tools. they name their babies. they use syntax. they play. we don't need to be looking to the stars for first contact...just to the skies.

...to find a Cockatoo deliberately dropping pinecones onto your head from a tree branch and laughing at you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

At least teach it to dance for its chip.

The Seagulls in Melbourne are very adept at snatching chips out of the air instead of letting them touch the ground. Probably to stop the Sparrows getting a shot at them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sorry about your imminent fingat loss :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Potato Salad posted:

What's a kea?

*googles*

It looks like a cross between a red-tailed black cockatoo and a golden eagle. drat.

Phoneposting so I cant link directly, but look up Keas on youtube. The phrase "shagged by a rare parrot", specifically.

It's also the origin of :parrot:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You're thinking of kakapos!

Dammit, I am too :cripes:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

H110Hawk posted:

Coming out of retirement just to say: :dogbutton:

Who sees that and says "You know what? Picture time!" Australians have apparently lost their sense of self preservation.

"This is how I died. AVENGE ME!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tendai posted:

What a good birb :3:

It's amazing watching the cockie gesture at the handle like he's trying to explain the concept of it in case they didnt understand :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

And if they aren't huge, they are venomous as all hell.

Like the Irukanji and Chironex jellyfish.

There's a reason most Australians live on the coastline instead of the inner regions of the continent. We dont bother the wildlife there, they dont kill us all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Bloodscreech, Crier of the Damned and Early Mornings.

Doominatus, Lord of Chaos and Dropped Things.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jadebullet posted:

So Gunter has finally found her War Steed.

Uh, pretty sure a parrot is a Chaos unit and not a Space Marine one even if they do look to be Blood Ravens :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jose Oquendo posted:

Shirec, here's some pictures of my Grey to further tempt you.

Let me see if I read your Grey's expressions right;

Dreaming of murder.

Planning murder.

Plotting murder.

Innocuously thinking of Murder.

Plotting murder.

Caught in the act of attempting murder.

Shocked to have their plans for murder discovered.

Sending a very clear warning about your imminent future (murder).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretty sure Max cast a death curse on his owner at around 3:15.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hungry Computer posted:

They were still a bit stressed out when I got home, but otherwise alright.

"Stay the gently caress off our turf, cat" :toughguy:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You're not supposed to show how the trick works. Also doves are generally considered easier to handle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

are bird owners the only pet people that have to tame their pet after they get it? are birds real life pokemon? makes you think.

I assume you accidentally teach them swear words to repeat at inappropriate times for the next 20-80 years, while they teach you to accept dealing with cuts and scratches on your hands.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tendai posted:

Aaaagh Judah's trying to say something new but I don't recognize it yet :kimchi: It's a pattern in his "talking" voice, not a whistle, and it's very clearly enunciated.

I'm just gonna guess the sixteen-year-old girl tried to teach Judah some swear words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"WARRR-IORS.... Come out to pla-AY*SCREECH*"