Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I couldn't stand more than like 5 minutes of TV-N Gokaiger. Their subs are borderline unwatchable for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
You might be doing more catching up than just Fourze and Wizard...

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

So what are the odds them continuing the tradition of dino-themed sentai having an evil-ranger?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

Okay so if I don't know anything at all about most of this stuff where do I start? I really wanna watch goofy action shows and this seems like a goldmine of goofy action.

If you want one dude, start here:

http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-ooo-full-series-batch/

If you want a bunch of dudes and some ladies, start here:

http://over-ti.me/releases/pirate-sentai-gokaiger-full-series-batch/

You really can't go wrong with either of those.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

I watched the first few episodes of Os, and wow, this is a lot better than I was expecting. I mean, I was just looking for goofy action, but the back and forth between Ankh and Eiji is actually a pretty interesting take on the HERO DEFEATS BAD GUY tropes.

Also, the birthday cake guy is the best.

The back and forth is wonderful.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

HKR posted:

Those of you who dropped Wizard before Beast came on really need to pick it back up. The show has been going full pace now for the last several weeks and is getting really good.

Listen to this. This is good advice. Go watch Wizard.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Isn't that how upgrades are for pretty much every other Rider show?
OOO and Fourze definitely did that too.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

How long does it take for the first Garo to really get going?
I watched the first episode, but afterwards wasn't compelled to watch the next instead whichever Rider or Sentai it was I was watching at the time.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Chibs posted:

A new Ultraman TV series is starting up, and it's not a compilation or a grimdark!

http://herotaku.com/2013/04/12/99596/ultraman-ginga-unveiled/

The episode count is fine, but... I really don't get the scheduling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdW85NQ9wQ

Aaaand toys

So it's basically Gokultraman Decade?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Box of Bunnies posted:

It's Mobirates time.

Silver is standing there, blue, yellow, and black are gokai-changing, pink is kinda confused, and red is doing something completely different.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Say what you want about the Infinity costume, but something inside you is broken if you don't like the giant axe that you high five.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

I'm also starting to see why people dog on TV-Nihon's subs. I honestly prefer their Gokaiger ones, but man...they leave a LOT of random Japanese in the Shinkenger ones. Is that due to the glorious Nippon-ness of the source material, or is it just TVN being TVN?

It's TVN being TVN. There's a reason why I'm waiting the long wait for OverTime to have time for Shinkenger.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

YESSSSS. I know what I want for Christmas.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Xmas? Man, those things will be sold out by September.

Buying it immediately, but not opening until December, because I can't justify that much on a toy otherwise.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Bake it into a giant cake, it's the only way.

You're absolutely right. This is the only way to receive this belt.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Oh man, that guy is so incredibly full of himself.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Go Go Podcast Rangers
Podcast Sentai Chatman
Secretly Wearing Spandex

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Podcasters With Attitude.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Glad to see my name stuck! :)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

I really can't see how they could possibly combine Go-Busters and Kyoryuger. It makes even less sense than the Goesi-Gokai merge.

I don't know, but there's a sick part of me that wants to see them try...

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

So Movie War Ultimatum...I'm not completely wrong in thinking that it's not very good, right?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Potsticker posted:

I really enjoyed Ultimatum, but I confess the Wizard parts really dragged because Nitou doesn't exist yet and Haruto has just the lame dragon ring power ups. Also, the constant shots of girls thighs and accompanying sound effects whenever any female character did anything was really annoying.

I think it might be this. I forgot how boring pre-Beast Wizard was.

Also the thigh shots and sound effects were dumb, and I don't understand why they are in this, and why in such volume.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Fred is on posted:

It really captures that mid-season upgrade look of being visually busy and having a bad color scheme.

That said, I do kind of like that helmet on its own.

Then is the mid-season suit gonna actually look good? Or is it going to make eyes bleed?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Only vaguely related. I would like to thank our resident OT staff for leaving the Fast and Furious commercial in episode 35 of Go-Busters. It just made my day. :)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Secondary rider is going to be a fruit ninja.
Calling it right now.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm starting to be a fan of that belt.
I need to see more of it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

They aren't playing around with this fruit theme.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Welp, I just ordered the OOO belt.
Hopefully this will be the last TokuToy I buy for a while...until GoBus comes out in Hong Kong...:negative:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on them, especially if you like Enter as much as you seem to.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I said stuff on Facebook and Twitter in the slimmest of hopes that maybe one of the 10 people that actually look at things I say would throw in a few bucks. :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Looks like Chroma Squad was able to hit the Rider stretch goal!
This is pretty exciting.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The Blackest Goon posted:

Since I'm almost done, I'll go ahead and ask:

Black, Kabuto, or OOO.

Which should I watch (or i should say watch completely :smug:) next?

I say OOO, but that's my favorite tokusatsu, so I'm a bit biased there.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I hope to one day be able to actually watch Shinkenger (in a way that doesn't annoy me).

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Level Slide posted:

30 episodes into Gobuster. I wasn't expecting the initial conflict to get resolved so soon. Honorable mention to Enter's short-lived giant robot. That implies someone in the Megazord research team was a fan of Zone of the Enders, and that's cool. What's the remaining 20 going to have? Nobody answer that question.

It has more of J being The Best.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

RBX posted:

Watch the dub like I am.

Do this. The dub seems pretty decent.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Ressha Sentai Tokyuuger

Holy poo poo yes!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I really liked that he had to figure out how everything worked on the fly. It's also nice that he seems to have actual personality and goals. It's a welcome change from Wizard, who had none of these qualities.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Wristmorphers 4 Lyfe

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Is there anywhere to actually watch G anymore? I've only ever been able to find broken links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It was a where the cast sang the theme song for serious, plot purposes. I don't see how such an episode can be disappointing.

It was a really good ending.

• Locked thread