Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I don't think most adult collectors actually play with poo poo. They just own it to display or sometimes just to own it.

I don't know about other people, but I definitely play with all my expensive Japanese children's toys. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I recall a similar thing happening with Goseiger when it wasn't as good as Shinkenger.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

How well do the leg stickers on the candy keys hold up? If they've still got painted chests and the black leg space stickers aren't total crap, I may just go with Candy keys for everything. I just have found that the chest stickers on the cheapest keys peel waaaaaaaaay too much to be satisfying collectables.

I have more than a few candy keys and have had no leg sticker issues as of yet.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

ToQGer is just fine. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Except Ticket. Ticket is great.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

No, just forgot about her. She's alright too.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I think you and I are the only ones here who like OOO this much.
It's so good.

e: I guess there are three MuskOOOteers

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 4, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I love the fruit suits, for the most part.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Watch OOO. Cake Boss is a delight. Also the other characters.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

Truly we're in a Toku golden age. Someone is subbing Goranger and moving on to JAKQ, and now another group is doing Ginga and Oh. My Sentai wish list is getting pretty empty.

Then there's a whole other list of Kamen Rider that needs (competent) translation.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

So I guess the next Kamen Rider is "Drive?"

e:So will he have a DriveDriver?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

TerminusEst13 posted:

Drive can refer to a lot of things, it's not just vehicles. It could also be a hard drive.
Or it could be golf.

I'd watch the poo poo out of a golf Rider.

OH poo poo. I think I would love a Golf Rider. I don't know how it would work, but it would be (hopefully) interesting.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Rei_ posted:

edit: Also I'm hearing ToQGer picked up a bit? Is it worth catching up on?

It's had some pretty good episodes lately, and I enjoyed catching up. I can't say for sure if it'll keep on the upswing, but I would say it's at least worth it right now.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Also Eiji being boring was arguably part of his character.
Haruto has no such excuse.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

what? Decade's driver is ugly and has a stupid voice.

Decade's driver rules.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

So where in the world did this Kabuto dub come from and are there any other shows like it?

I think it came from the Phillipines. From what I can tell, Kiva and Decade also got the dub treatment, but I don't know if those episodes made it online.

e: Or maybe it was Singapore? I'm not 100% sure...

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 21, 2014

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

HKR posted:

OOOs is great, everyone watch OOOs.

Listen to this person, all you people.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

A poster in this thread just thought more about Haruto's character than the people who wrote him ever did.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I haven't watched a lot of Goseiger, but what I've seen is good and I will definitely be continuing it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Twistys Rapture posted:

If anyone can find the post where I wanted to sell my rider and sentai stuff, I'll sell any belt for 15 plus shipping. I just want to get rid of this stuff

I've PM'd you about a couple things.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cake Boss is the best boss.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I am so so very happy that it's called the Drive Driver.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

OOOwns

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Go-Busters was especially ugly.

Wait, what?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Literally The Worst posted:

More like NegativoIncorrectus.

Pretty much. The blue and yellow buddyroids, as well as most of the combined robots are the only things I would say didn't look at least good, if not great.

The glasses owned.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

TVN is so ubiquitous that for a few series, it's actually a necessary evil.

It's not that hard to refuse to watch any of their garbage.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

AzraelNewtype posted:

I think the argument is that it's not worth even bothering to watch the show if that's your only option.

That is exactly what I was getting at.

e: Also Drive looks cool

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of MAXIMUM DRIVE

That's a weird way to write TAJADORUUUU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

You should probably localize it to shady motel TBH

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Too bad Ryuki isn't subbed by a good group AFAIK.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I can't even imagine how they're going to manage that. They'll probably just use a couple suits or something.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

oh noo now we won't have a lovely english bastardization of a good show. whatever will we doooo?

Pretty much this. I'm glad that I don't have to see how they would ruin Go-Busters. Same goes for ToQ.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I really love the Ohranger suits. I wish there were subs for it, even if it does fall into a shithole like Hibiki (coincidentally the show with arguably my favorite rider suits).

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Magiranger please.

I would also love to be able to watch Magi Ranger. Also Hibiki and Blade.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

My first live Rider was Wizard... :negative:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

Wait, they made another liveaction Flash show? Is it any good? I assume its a Barry show?

We've only seen the first episode, but as it is it's very good. Multiplex is the villain in the next episode.

We've also seen some stills of Captain Cold. This is on top of a bunch of other casting news over the past few months.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Welp, time to watch Crunchyroll again. Watch them add Bioman next. Or Ultra Seven :unsmigghh:

I would only be please with Crunchyroll picking up a toku show if they picked one of the TV-N only shows that's not getting any love from a decent group.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

I would be pleased with them picking up ANY Toku shows.

Because that is only a good thing for the fandom.

It would be, I won't dispute that. I just don't like Crunchyroll very much for reasons I can't quite articulate.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Shuriken Sentai Ninninger/Ninninja

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Wait, they announced the new season ALREADY?

Well, they didn't technically announce it as much as they filed the trademark and fans found the information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Oh wow. I didn't realize that there aren't even garbage subs for it. That sucks. The Hurricanger suits look so cool.

• Locked thread