Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Apparently this is the prototype Ninninja suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Mach looks really cool. They're really knocking it dead with suit designs this time around.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

What are you talking about, Double was amazing.

So was OOO.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm interested in watching Kamen Rider, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

Watch OOO

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

A bland protagonist, much more interesting secondary characters and an incredibly dull and plodding middle portion?

That's Heisei Kamen Rider to a T.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I guess it's been a while, but they redid the cgi in that scene right? I don't remember kyouryuger using that 2001 Walking With Dinosaurs level T-Rex.

Pretty sure. The Kyoryu t-rex had a mohawk.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It would be nice if they could do a series without real/any subs, but that's almost certainly not one of their top considerations.

e: vv If that means we could get Abaranger, then I'll take it.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 19, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

It's me, the giant nerd who teared up a little during the ToQ finale when Right's mom did the lantern thing.

Is it still the general consensus that I should switch over to Over-Time if they decide to do Nininjer? I've been watching TV-N for years, but I feel like maybe I should change it up.

You should go a step farther and go back in time to switch as soon at O-T becomes a thing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Is it kosher to ask for reseeds in here? Because I've been trying to download the SD Shinkenger batches for like a month to no avail.

If that's better off not asked for, I will promptly remove this post.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

I had no luck at all, and eventually just went with the HDs. It's not that much bigger, and there's a lot more reliable seeders.

I figured. I just wanted to check before I went this route.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

The way TVDB handles Sentai is the loving worst. It makes it a nightmare to organize it in my Plex library.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Yeah, still waiting for them to make progress on Kamen Rider before anything else. I really like their stuff, I wish they could work on it more though.

The wait for KIT to release episodes is angonizing

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I prefer it to Gaim, for the most part

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Nyarlathotep posted:

"Like zyuranger" probably means dvd release, not any televising/streaming service.

I would prefer this to having them on Crunchyroll anyway, TBH

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yosuke posted:

It's the South East Asian Cartoon Network. Philippines/Malaysia/Singapore etc got a tokusatsu block on it. It showed...Blade, Kabuto, and a lot of the Sazer stuff.

Does that mean there's a dub of Blade floating around somewhere??

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've peeked at it a few times throughout its beta.

It's pretty alright.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

That just reminded me that it's been months since KIT put out anything.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Chroma Squad, the toku tactical RPG-tycoon of sorts has 'shipped' to backers, and it's coming out officially on Thursday. :toot:

It's also pretty decent! I don't know what they're charging for it, but it's worth ~$20, I would say.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Watch it be a direct sequel to Decade.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I'm pretty down with that costume if it's the real thing.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Gaim was pretty alright.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I really really dig the suit design.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

WickedHate posted:

My feedback is that it should be called Lightning Brigade Go!.

I agree. This is A Good Comic Book Title.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

That's what I thought as I was looking at it, I was thinking it seems fine enough to watch. Especially if those are the 'worst' parts.

It's certainly better than watching TV-N

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I would love to have a novel or something with Hibiki's original intended plot.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

I'm just

Going to leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMvpAVg8ys

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah I've heard Bacchiri Mina too, which separated is "perfect/great" and "everyone/thing" which I have no idea what to do with. Can't wait to see what they translate it as.

"Everything is Awesome"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

maybeflan posted:

Sorry, looks like it's the latter.

Maybe not, it does have Araki's name at the top of the page.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

If there is no Animal Go-Busters crossover I will be very disappointed.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

there are people in this very thread who say that you'd be better off watching raws than watching TVN for stuff that doesn't have alternate translations available.

You can probably get just as much through inference as you can through TVN's mish-mash of word diarrhea. They're super garbo and shouldn't be given even a first thoughs, let alone a second.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

SHIN Tokusatsu Thread RETURNS: "It's fun to leave it untranslated."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Motto posted:

I agree, we should ignore TVN.

Who?

• Locked thread