Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Man I gotta finish Gobusters and catch up with Wizard and then probably watch an older sentai or something since Jetman was a really good watch. Any suggestions on a finished older one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

KyoryuRed has turned the 'I'm too good"-as-a-weakness interview cop-out answer and turned it into a legitimate character flaw. That's fantastic.

I don't know, it seems pretty weak to me. I'm gonna have to assume that the real problem is that he can do things without understanding why, which allowed him to pass the spirit trial thing yet be unable to replicate it in the fight against Meetior. Grey claims to be really hard headed and so is Daigo so I don't know what's up.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also, this is a bit far fetched, but regarding Aigaron- Anyone else think there's a chance he'll have Daigo's father inside him the way Dogold had Utsusemimaru? I feel like him having an attachment to the stone is more than just greed or whatever. I'm not sure if they'll do the same hook again, but if so, maybe we can expect something like that from all of the commanders? Just something I was thinking about during the Deinosgrander episode.

If they do that again, Aigaron will be Ian's dead friend somehow. Also Chaos would more than likely be Daigo's father if they made all of the bad guys related to our heroes.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 11, 2013

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Potsticker posted:

But what about Luckiero and Chanderilla?

I'm pretty sure they could pull some connection out of their asses if they were going for it (hasn't stopped them before!), but I don't think they will since that wouldn't be good.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Gai's ending is neat since it is the opposite of how he was at the start of the series. Then I thought about it and every time Ryu and Kaori celebrate their anniversary they're gonna remember Gai's death. So even in the end he's a dick.

So I guess it's perfect :v:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I finished Go-Busters a little bit ago and the end was really good! Enter was outstanding the whole series and I wish he got to fight more in his evil red buster suit. I would've liked it if they gave Yoko a rival to fight as well, but I don't think a third one would've been as good as Enter and Escape ended up being. I also watched the Beastial Battery movie and man is that a riot! There should've been more Black Puma fighting because I can imagine him bringing an apple with him to all fights and trying to not let it get destroyed.

Now to finish up Dairanger since I've had that sitting around for a bit.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

TheGreenAvenger posted:

Don't forget Ucchi and Dogold.

I hope this ends up like the Gai and Grey rivalry in Jetman. Though if Dogold gets way too greedy and tries to use Deboss as the body for his armor, then I'd be down with it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

RBX posted:

I think they look way too alike for it to be coincidence. He absorbs their essence and transforms/upgrades them into mindless monsters. It fits into their whole motif too well. Plus the whole foreshadowing with Arigon all season and the weird scenes with Chaos and all of them at different points.

Also movie spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/IGjvWQE.jpg

That CG.

Holy poo poo they're making the CG match the era and that's amazing!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

For now. Kind of hope he stops the downward dive into subservience and goes out fighting Endorf.

Man imagine if Dogold and Utchy team up to take out Endorf and then have their final fight :allears:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

Man imagine if Dogold and Utchy team up to take out Endorf and then have their final fight :allears:

It was not quite how I envisioned it, but that'll do Kyoryugers. That'll do. :allears:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ToQger is fun. The enemies look great and I want to see where it goes.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I liked Fourze and thinking about it now, it's all because of Gentaro. God drat was he fun.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I've come to the realization that I miss Akibaranger :smith:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Dr Tran posted:

Why aren't you getting drunk with the Treasure Five?
I know it's not the same, but it's just as funny.

I've got the episodes downloaded but finals have kept me away. I'll get to them soon!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Burkion posted:

Also let's be entirely honest about Jetman here. The romance has NOTHING to do with the plot-it's just another melodramatic tick on the melodramatic bullshit list that Jetman is made of.

nah

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

maybe those people you talked to were wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I'm catching up with ToQgers and the villains are good. I also like Akira and I don't care how but get him as many scenes as possible with Beet J Stag

• Locked thread