Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RBX posted:

I had to watch most of it when my daughter had a Power Rangers series kick on Netflix. Its fine but after about halfway it's kinda is just meh. The story is fine I just never.....idk its hard to explain I just never really got invested into any of the characters or cared about anybody except Doc K. Also the goofy Zords and costumes really clashed with the wannabe snarky dialogue and SRS BUSINESS plot.
It's the last good writing you'll see until they cancel Power Rangers again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is there a reason for the Toquger to be switching colors like that, or is Red just on some kind of crazy :catdrugs: and thought it would be a good idea?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Guys, I finally found a reasonably priced Gokai Blue figure ($20 new) and the website had Ranger Key Series 4 for less than $5. I'm worried that I'm going to try and collect all the ranger keys now. I still haven't seen any of the Super Megaforce keys in stores yet

SpazmasterX posted:

A full fledged zord form that will never appear in the show, no less.
That's nothing new to Saban. They've been doing that with toys since the original Mighty Morphin

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yuko also got to join a long list of Sentai stars who got to play two different rangers. I can only assume Nao Nagasawa is next since she's already in drat near everything (Including two different Kamen Rider roles.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Potsticker posted:

What? Aside from horrible sentence structure, Metal is left out and Joker which is not used by a Dopant is listed twice. :eng99:
Here's Metal. He wasn't anyone significant.

That's because Shotaro is the trump card. No really, Shotaro gets the Joker dopant in that movie and uses it himself in the Lost Driver to become Kamen Rider Joker.

And Luna was the best Dopant. Genki Sudo is :allears:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 23, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Potsticker posted:

I was complaining about the editing, but thanks, and Shotaro does get the T2 Joker Gaiamemory, but using it in the Lost Driver hardly makes him a Dopant! There was some novels or something that were supposed to have a Joker Dopant in it or something? I think I remember something about that posted around here before.
Since Shotaro straight up mentions how he's the only one (I forget the line) I honestly don't mind that there's no Joker dopant, and I love the look of Kamen Rider Joker.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Twisty of Fate posted:

What the what
Toys R Us sells plenty of neat stuff. Including Figuarts.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

Holy Moley, Toys R Us is freakin' awesome! Should make a run out there sometime soon and see if I can get something cool.
You can order online too, if you so desire. Right now the only Figuarts I'm seeing on their website is Red Hawk, which is actually cheaper on Amazon right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Solaris Knight posted:

I haven't even watched Sun Vulcan (I've been meaning to, but given my full time courses and perpectual laziness, it's hard to watch anything but the PR seasons on Netflix and the current toku shows) In addition, I have a unhealthy fixation on Sixth Rangers :awesome:

On a slightly more on topic note, I've been trying to get my girlfriend into Toku. She's enjoyed Akibaranger's first episode, Ninja Storm's first, and didn't care much for Mystic Force's initial 2 parter. What would you guys reccomend for her to watch next? Keep in mind that she can't access torrents, so direct downloads would be preferred.
Does she like Supernatural? Because she'll love the black ranger from RPM. They're basically the same character. It's all on Netflix and you can pay ten bucks for that, which is probably a lot easier than just illegally obtaining it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dr Tran posted:

It's like seeing a Gormin and saying it's a Zangyack

They should have had Basco play Basco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLaNdhr2w6M
His English is even better than the guy who played Kabuto, it would have been great to see him play Basco in both shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

I'm about a dozen episodes into OOO. I can't get enough of Ankh. So far I've liked the first quarter or so of the show a lot more than I liked the first quarter or so of W. The quality is a lot more consistent.

E: Oh my god Ankh's little hissy fit in episode 13. He is too much. :allears:
Most people who fall in love with OOOs fall in love with the side cast (Ankh, Date, ect). It's a really good show, but W is more consistent (Having less bad/slow episodes overall) but Gaim is taking it over as the undisputed king of Hesei era so far.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mikeycp posted:

I think you and I are the only ones here who like OOO this much.
It's so good.

e: I guess there are three MuskOOOteers
I loved the cast so much in OOOs which is why I prefer it over W. W had better episodes and better consistency but I just loved the theme, aesthetics, and characters in OOOs a lot more.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Apollove posted:

Speaking of KLK. Notice anything similar between the OOO last battle and the KLK last battle?
Tons of people have noticed, to the point where they've made image-by-image comparisons and are calling Kill la Kill an homage to OOOs.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I already wanted to watch KLK, but now I have to.
It's got super ADHD animation style (Hard to follow, always poo poo moving in the background) and it has an ungodly amount of non-nude fanservice. It's like FLCL or TTGL so if you liked those it's basically the same.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Did Ryuki and Faiz do that too? Or was it just drama-like scenes/plots that gave those shows a similar feeling?
Agito and Kabuto definitely did, I noticed it harder for those two. They both had a super distinct early 00's feeling in all the shots.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

I'm continuing on with Fourze, I'm in the middle of episode 14 now.

Some thoughts:
  • I'm really liking the chemistry the cast has now that we finally have everyone introduced. Hopefully we'll be able to have some proper MOTW for a bit without having to do character intros or hamfisted character development because I think this cast would work quite well with that. I'm looking forward to good MOTW stuff like W had after it got going.
  • The unnecessary butt shots, uncomfortable camera angles, and poor action scene direction of the first six or so episodes seem to have left the building. Hopefully they stay gone.
  • The chairman had a line like "They'll never suspect a teacher!". Maybe if they were all functionally retarded? It'll probably only take four or so episodes, right?
  • The music is still kinda crap compared to W or Gaim or even OOO but oh well, it's not that big a deal.

I'll be watching Megamax next. It looks like there's a female Rider in it? Hopefully they don't kill her off for no reason, I've heard that's a trend with female movie-only Riders.
The female rider is great, but she also brings back one of the things you hated about the series. Panty shots. Just wait until she ends up getting panty shots while in her Rider form! The cast is the best thing about Fourze, although a lot of people can't stand the secondary rider during a long stretch of his introduction (I think it's roughly 10 episodes or more)

If you want spoilers about the female rider:
They kill her off :allears: but they eventually do bring her back in movies a lot later

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

How is that even possible?

EDIT: So Sonada just attacked the main Rider outside of his costume, but with a slow acting poison and she's not going to stick around and watch him die. This is simultaneously pretty smart and incredibly stupid.
Thought she had a skirt, was mistaken. Expect a lot of butt shots/bust shots in her skin-tight suit instead! (The suit actress was Heat Dopant from W so you don't have to worry about man-butt at least)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Darksaber posted:

Does Kabuto turn to poo poo at some point? I finished Black, and I always liked the suits so I figured I'd give it a shot. Aside from the normal dumb TV-N poo poo and some passable melodrama it seems pretty good (up to 5 so far). Tendou's a bit weird, but he doesn't seem horrible, and I like most of the supporting cast.

Edit: Also goddamn ZECTroopers have a worse mortality rate than original XCom soldiers.
Riders Gattack and SaSword are the highlights, and the Hopper Bros get good too. The nonsensical ending and hate of Tendou is why most people hate it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Darksaber posted:

At this point I think I'm leaning somewhere between Ankh and Satonaka, because she's the most ridiculously hyper-competent, cake-eating, obviously-union-card-carrying assistant that I've ever seen and it's glorious. I mean come on, even the super organized carrying case matches her outfit.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=267488039966392

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 31, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

People used to give OOOs a lot of poo poo for having a boring lead rider, but then Wizard happened and god drat did he topple Eiji as most boring rider.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not at all. The Imagin each have their own VAs, which tend to always be back when needed because, well, they are voice actors and thus easier to obtain.

Ryou's actual actor has not come back, hence why his character was turned into a child, and will likely never reappear because he's super-popular now.
He was great in the BECK movie (It also featured Tendou from Kabuto!)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

usb teledildonics posted:

Thanks for the OOO chat and episode guides. I had stalled right after the secondary rider but now I might like it more than Gaim. Is Wizard actively bad or just really boring? Would it be okay for a hatewatch?
It's really loving boring. Beast is one of the better secondary riders but it isn't worth watching the whole series to see him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eiji had PTSD and he was pretty numb. That makes sense both in the context of the show and in the context of people in real life, and he got better. There was a reason for him to be numb to everything and he got better through time through his friendships with Eiji and Hina. There was drama driving the series all the way through.

There was no drama in Wizard Haruto just always won and even if he didn't, it all worked out in the end :downs:

Wizard's whole series was on auto-pilot and there wasn't the excuse of an earthquake or a typhoon that threw it off the rails, it was always just boring and un-motivated.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 6, 2014

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't think people violently hate Showa, they just think it's too dated and uninteresting. There's trolls on /m/ who claim people detest Showa but I never actually see anyone talking about disliking it.

OOOs had an amazing cast of characters, and while people give Eiji a lot of slack, that's half the point of his character because Of basically PTSD draining him of any desire to do anything but wander around as an aimless homeless guy.

There's no loving reason for Haruto to be boring though, there's no excuse for that series at all; Beast was the only good thing to come of that whole series.

I watched a J-Drama featuring Micchy from Gaim and Phillip from W as two High School bullies and I couldn't stop laughing at those two goofy nerds somehow holding the school ransom multiple times.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fooley posted:

This is something I need to see, name? I haven't watched a jdrama without karate bugmen since loving Densha.
It's like Great Teacher Onizuka but there's so many loving dumb moments in this series and none of the side characters retain hardly any personality, but it's only 12 episodes and there's some bright moments. The series is called "No Dropping Out: Back to School at 35" and you can watch it legally on Crunchy Roll. It's GTO but from the perspective of a 35 year old returning student instead of a young, delinquent teacher.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

A friend of mine is in Hong Kong and she's buying a bunch of cheap, knock-off Toku merch just because it's too funny to pass up. She bought $30 worth of merchandise including this belt for like $15
http://instagram.com/p/ukZuFvgG42/

She also bought an entire core medals set, some gaia memories, and some astro switches. It's cheap knock-offs, so hopefully it doesn't explode on me or become toxic and kill me from fumes or something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

Just saw the fist few episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuto, and I came away with the impression that Tendou Souji's ego is so big it affects reality.
I love it.

The pure self-assuredness is so amazing to see in action.
People either really love, or really hate Tendou, but Kagami is the true main character and the supporting cast is the best part of the show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Did everyone forget Gaim exists? I see all these recommendations and even though I didn't finish it (About 10 eps left) I think it was still as good as W was up to that point.

PS: Does anyone know where to buy reasonably prices lockseeds? My friend brought some back from Hong Kong and they're still HK ripoffs but they stole the molds and they make noises and everything (Just not reliably) and I'd love to have some of the real seeds.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh yeah. Dan Slott literally rando'd me on Twitter to be a dick about how I was wrong about that. I ended up literally having to block a Professional Comics Writer from Twitter for being a dick.
You never have to @ Dan Slott because he searches for his name and comics so if you say anything mean he can act like the victim of bullying and threaten to call the police on you.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

gourdcaptain posted:

If I'm about to start watching Kamen Rider Fourze again to try to actually finish it (it was the second Rider series I ever tried to watch after I started on and loved OOO), which of the Over-Time or Aesir subs would you guys recommend? I quit watching due to apathy towards the series during the Ryusei stuff in the 20's, but I've heard it gets better after that, and my first viewing was with a random mixture of the three various subs that I could find on Youtube and a couple other streaming sites. That really probably didn't help my opinion of it. (Mostly returning to re-watch it because after I finish Den-O in the near future it'll be the only Heisei Rider series I haven't finished.)
You can't go wrong either way. There's only minor translation differences between the two. I preferred O-T. I think they were even sharing some of the staff for these translations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I need figuarts of this sentai, yesterday. They didn't sell that well so I'm guessing that Figuarts haven't been doing releases of Sentai as often anymore, right?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

Kamen Rider W, with its grand total of 8 (9 counting Accel) Gaia Memories to collect, is the reason Gokaiger had a loving metric tonne of keys, curse you Kamen Rider.

Really I just don't get how someone can hate on cyborg karate bugmen kicking poo poo so hard it explodes.
It's actually Decade's fault for introducing trading cards.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

"Let's subtitle Akibaranger in English and put it on Youtube free to watch!"

"Good idea! Hey, as long as we're making it free to watch, why not make it available to the west?"

"Nah, gently caress 'em."

I guess there are probably rights and poo poo involved, but come oooon.
When they do stuff like that I feel like it's almost always for Taiwan or something. I know someone who would commentate Japanese wrestling shows for TV but he did it in English for some reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Anyone have an idea if/when the blu-ray rips are coming out for Gaim? I want to rewatch the series but I'm waiting on Asir to clean up the blu-rays

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV-N doesn't understand the concept of tone and translating for an audience. You don't go to a movie with professional translations in it and find a bunch of inane poo poo and TL notes. Not everyone wants to learn Japanese, and TVN isn't even good at translating to begin with.

I don't know why there's a shocker that most Sentai revolves around red. Red has always been the leader and leading role of every single series for decades, it's like that for every single one of them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Akiko doesn't truly settle down, until she well. Settles down. She develops a relationship and eventual marriage to a character in the show

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 11, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dexie posted:

She's a lot better then Hina, that's for sure.
Find a girl worse than Hiyori from Kabuto.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's fun little games you can play with it relating to Toku too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Burkion posted:

Sadly I think it is. Licensing issues.

There might be a way to trick it into thinking you're in the American region, but I wouldn't be the one to ask about how.
Hola Unblocker, which I don't think is anymore illegal than just traveling to another country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I donno if that explains why my network has been using up 30 gigs of data a day or not. Whoops, yeah. Is there a recommendation for a different VPN?

• Locked thread