Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GUROUNDO FAROARU*
*Mean 'Ground Floor'

To help with the URL compiling:

Also I feel like the OP should have a note about KRDL in general. You need to register a username with an email, but they're generally the best place to get DDLs of individual rider episodes, if you don't want to mess with torrents/batch files for older series and weeklies.

Also, here's a magnet torrent link someone on /m/ compiled a while back of all of Gomen Rider's Agito sub, saving it from the depths of internet hell!

EDIT: added the Fourze movie. TV-N doesn't get a link because they don't make it easy to single out from their other Fourze releases.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also, the May'n solo of Giant Step was posted near the tail end of the last thread, so it'd be remiss not to open this one up with Shiina's counterpart solo. Especially since it's, in my opinion, the superior version. :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you don't like Nobou/Kyoryublue, I have no idea why you're still watching Kyoryuger. He's pretty much the best.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Just finished Gokaiger. That was pretty drat fantastic. I do feel that the climax of the show happened with the final duel against Basco and everything afterwards was just a very quick mop up. The final fight against Emperor Gil on the Gigant Horse also felt a little flat and underwhelming, until they took it Earthside and ran through every Sentai team throwing everything at him, that was a nice finale.

I mean hell, I barely recognise any of these teams (Zyuranger excepted for obvious reasons) apart from what I've seen/learnt through Gokaiger and it still put a massive smile on my face.

Don't know where I'll go from here, show-wise. I was trading off between Gokaiger and Kamen Rider OOO early on - definitely going to get back to OOO but I don't know whether to marathon through OOO or pick another Sentai series and take a more relaxed pace.

Finish OOO, then go check out Kuuga, which it borrows like 70% of its themes from. (The other 30% is Blade, but I'm loathe to recommend Blade due to only TV-N subs.)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You can practically hear the writers in Decade going 'poo poo, WHAT DO WE DO NOW' at about the halfway point when they run out of Rider Worlds to visit. The staff is entertaining on their own, which is good because for the most part the show barely holds up at times.

Also, Decade and Decade Complete are some of the worst suit designs outside of Blade's base form. Luckily, they also hearld they end of the giant restrictive shoulder armor era.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, from what I remember, most of the various notable solo subbers ended up working with most of the bigger groups. Megaanon I think is working with Grown Ups In Spandex right now? I dunno where Ryuganon went to offhand, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing work with you guys at O-T.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RBX posted:

Thankfully the story, opening theme, Rider design, and Phillip make up for everything. My friend was over today, he doesn't watch toku, I asked him to watch episode 5 with me and he was like "So the girl and boy join bodies? Does he get tits under the suit?" :ssh:

Really, my only complaint is that it feels like the direction of the main villains in the show was scattered everywhere when we finally start facing them directly. They don't really give much expansion on what they want to do and if I remember right their super bad endgame has like three different meanings to it :psyduck:

Thankfully, the acting on everyone's part is top notch and you can largely ignore the villains even have something resembling an endgame for a while.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

In Gaim news, Urobuchi gets to talk about Gaim a bit. I find it pretty interesting that he's drawing more parallels from Black instead of Ryuki, but honestly that has me pretty excited.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'll have to have subs to make better sense of it, but I get a kind of Kuuga-y vibe off Gaim's first ep, which is pretty neat. The dance/Pokemon battles are pretty neatly intertwined, there was at least one scene that was purely Urobuchi (the one where the two guys were talking and they handed off a Sengoku Driver.) and all and all it looked pretty drat great.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Serperoth posted:

So basically it's gonna be subbed by Aesir. Haven't seen any of their stuff, but Magenta has always struck me as pretty cool, and a good translator so I'm hopeful.

As mentioned in the first paragraph, Magenta and the Aesir crew did their own release of Fourze concurrent with O-T's Fourze releases (which, naturally, had HeatMetal on them). I kind of liked Heat's overall translation of the dialogue better, but Magenta's ability to nail character voices is second to none, such as using the royal we for... Aries, I think it was? Which was utterly perfect.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AzraelNewtype posted:

You guys realize that paragraph you two are talking about wasn't there until at least half an hour after the post went up, right? And that's when HKR linked it.

One of these days we need to get Mags and Alkaid accounts here. It can be a party. A goony party.

I wasn't talking about the edited paragraph, I was talking about the original post where Heat mentions the concurrent Fourze runs between Aesir and O-T.

C'mon, Az, get with the program. :colbert:

Edit: Though I'll agree we need to get Mag and Alkaid accounts for full on toku goonparty.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The first episode has a very Kuuga vibe, and I'd say that Kouta is current shaping up to be a sort of balance of Gentarou and Godai.

I'm looking forward to following this week to week. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Fred is on posted:

Kouta, at least at first glance, seems to fall within the selfless happy-go-lucky main Rider archetype, but the adulthood angle is an interesting twist, and I'm trusting Urobuchi to handle it well. It does seem odd, though, that he'd pick that as a central theme when the main target audience is made up of kids.

Urobuchi was a big rider fan back when the demographics weren't necessarily kid-centric. It wouldn't surprise me if he's making this a kind of show that anyone can watch.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Larryb posted:

Considering there was a next episode preview at the end and we still haven't seen KyoryuSilver yet I'm guessing no. Probably getting close though, I'd say maybe 13-14 more episodes at the least(or maybe less considering how quickly this show's plot seems to be moving).

Go-Bus had a full 50, and Rider tends to sit at around 48 or so. So I'd say that sounds about right. As long as they don't pull a Wizard, we should see the end by late February/Early March.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would hope that they're working on it, if only because if they honestly think they can edge out Pokemon friggin' Sundays, then they're even crazier than any of us could have likely predicted.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm half-tempted to toxx that the 20th anniversary Kamen Rider will be KAmen Rider Score and they'll have a Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Decade and Score or something ridiculous.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

AzraelNewtype posted:

Seeing as the 20th anniversary was 22 years ago, this would be ill advised.

20th Heisei, rather. I'm real good at this! :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That "THEY GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME" comment is especially hilarious since Magenta's verbal reaming of their recent Gaim eps have been causing them to release V2s of them. So you can't even say that they're doing things right currently compared to their previous disasters like Blade and Shinkenger.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Midnight Crew did the first six, but as I recall a lot of them were hosted on Megaupload so when the feds took that down most, in not all of the files were lost too. So no, TV-N's the only subbers who've touched Kabuto.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 29, 2013

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dexie posted:

Traaaaaaaaains!

Is it to much to want a MagiShine cameo somewhere in the series?

While this may be legit, may not be, consider this a reminder that Jefusion is pretty awful and will literally report rumors straight from /m/ regardless of legitimacy. HJU is probably a better site to snag toku news.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh man next week is one of those "wacky misunderstandings everyone gets into costume" episodes. gently caress your trains, I want Samba Dino's forever.

I love Kyoryuger's cast but hate its mechs. Assuming that Tokkyuger continues the rather historic tradition of Good Mechs From Train Designs, we might actually see one of the first not-quite-cumbersome sentai mechs since... hell, Shinkenger? I think all the mechs since then have been kind of clunky as hell.

I just want good toku mech choreography.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If you don't like the Go-Busters mech fights I dunno what to tell you.

The later mech fights are great, but Gorimech makes me very sad on very many levels.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shaezerus posted:

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong because half of Shinkenger's final robot was a literal stand for the actual robot because it could not move under the weight of its own clusterfuck.

That is in fact what I meant. :doh: Shinkenger was kind of the hearld of goofy rear end cumbersome as gently caress mechs in my eyes, and while we have never again reached Shinkenger Parade Float tier, most mechs since Shinkenger happened have been a degree of unwieldy and clumsy as gently caress.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Potsticker posted:

If I recall correctly, there was some trepidation over the Gobusters suits because they were moving away from spandex. Kyoryuger did have some naysayers at the beginning too, the lattice on the arms and the sash/shoulder pad looking weird to some people.

I can't see how anyone would dislike the faux-leather suits for Go-Busters. Those were probably one of the better suit designed, between them and Gokai. I was a little worried about the cheststripe on everyone's favorite dinosambas, but that worked out well enough in motion.

I'd be much happier with the suits if the design on the chest was either black or white, and not alternating between them, that's really what makes it look like rear end to me, from a knee-jerk perspective. The rail visors are kind of cool, and at the least are sorta passable as a functioning helmet design.

The mech toy looks like cheap plastic and rear end, and I have basically 2 hopes for it:

1) The non-symmetrical all-vertical style to it means the trains combine on the tracks instead of in the air or something.
2) The mech fight choreography is far and away better than we've seen from Sentai recently.

Also wrist morphers are way cooler than cellphone morphers.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Double Riders vs Kuuga And Agito or bust :colbert:

EDIT:

Looks like that NDA sub guy is Doing Blade now (and is no longer doing Gaim. Eat it Ornac haters). Just released Blade 01. And allegedly The Blade scripts have been rewritten by Tom from GUIS, so they might be better than NDA's bland attempt at Gaim.

Is he doing a scrub, or at least a pass that is visually better than the old TV-N subs? Blade was my first rider, and I'd love to at least enjoy it properly, even if I have my fair share of quibbles about it (that are probably more anti-nostalgia than anything)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Race Realists posted:

I'm on episode 19 of Blade

mutseki can go gently caress himself

Fact: This opinion will not change even slightly over the course of the show. Mutsuki doesn't get his act together for about 25 more episodes. Enjoy. I like Blade but Leangle is seriously the worst secondary/tiertiary rider.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also, yeah, Sentai has basically been in the ratings dumps since Gokai because that's when they started having to compete with Pokemon Sundays. I thought everyone knew that one, at least.

Alternatively, oddball sensibilities between East and West. I know apparently Fourze bombed, maybe not as hard as Go-Bus, but a noticable amount that they tried to play it safe with Wizard, and that just straight-up baffles me.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

jonjonaug posted:

After watching this thing here, here are the other Rider shows I'm interested in from the concept and the designs: Amazon, Kuuga, G (holy poo poo that belt), W, OOO, and Fourze. Black's henshin is one of my favorites in there but I've already watched it. It looks like I've lucked out and all the ones I'm interested in have options other than TV-Nihon so that's cool too.

I already know that G is just a 20 minute special, so I have that downloading and plan to watch it tonight. Can anyone give me more information about the quality of the other ones?

From oldest to newest:

Amazon is a pretty great show that has a lot of trademark old toku cheesiness (foam blood) but is very different from any other Rider to come before and after it. That's not to say it isn't fun, mind, but if you have a very ingrained idea of what Rider is versus what it isn't, you'll probably be put off. (As I recall, Amazon's original actor thought he had killed Kamen Rider with his performance and was shocked when he came out of seclusion like 20 years later to find that not only was it still going strong, but that people loved Amazon.)

Kuuga is a slow-burn cop drama that plays out more like a Showa show than a Heisei show, and is the last thing Ishinomori worked on before his death. It also features the only actual helicopter in Rider history, and is a relatively brutal show. It takes itself pretty seriously, but is amazing and the fact that we still don't have an HD remaster of it is a drat shame.

W is amazingly solid, but I personally have problems with the fact that the main villains' objectively nebulous goal doesn't really go much of anywhere (nor do we really learn what it is, and when we do, it means about three different things depending on who you ask.) There's some dropped characterization in the form of Akiko, and has a few flaws with the 2-episode format already apparent (the villain got away near the end of the episode, so we'll just catch him next week!) BEyond that, I would say the middle section involving Weather is fantastic, and it ramps up into an enjoyable end.

OOO is what you get when you sort of marry the thematics of Kuuga and Blade together, with all the pacing problems of both. OOO has two speeds. "Incredibly Slow" and "JESUS loving CHRIST". It's got a very entertaining supporting cast, and some of the best secondary riders, but it takes about 30 episodes to get its momentum built up, but at that point it gets definitively insane in the best way.

Fourze is what happened when you let Gurren Lagann's head writer write Persona 4 and is about as fun as you'd expect that to be. The characters eventually get a little degraded near the end (a side-effect of multiple writers), but their intros are all solid, and the cast carries the show, even though it's light on plot. I wouldn't say it goes nowhere, but its definitely not the focus. It's a lot better as a binge watch, as it has a very strong week to week momentum. While Meteor does kind of slow things down for a while, he's not necessarily bad, and grows into his own soon enough. Fourze is probably one of my favorite Rider shows, just from how much fun it brings to the table.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Box of Bunnies posted:

Best belt does indeed appear in Wizard, but it's not the title Driver.

Top 5 Belt Rankings, with Correct Opinions:

1. OOODriver
2. DecaDriver
3. Faiz Belt
4. Fourze Driver
5. DoubleDriver

Decade and Faiz can fight over who has the better belt, and Fourze and Double can fight over who comes behind them, but OOO is king of the mountain.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 14, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shaezerus posted:

The Fourze Driver would've been so much better if it didn't have three different voices attached to it, two of which are practically indecipherable over the modulation. The WizarDriver is absolutely fantastic - you can't go wrong with a belt that outright congratulates you for picking the KICK ENEMY IN HALF button.

The Wizardriver is great but it's also too much. I warmed up to it even liking Wizard but there's a few things that just make it even clunkier than the Fourze Driver.

1) That goddamn hand-swapping switch. It's not really useful and doesn't really bring with it much buildup.
2) Spamming the chants every single formchange. I can appreciate them on the initial transformation, but giving time to the chants mid-fight formchange just kills the moment. WATER, PLEASE is really all that would be needed.

These two things would make the Wizardriver so much quicker to use and help chaining the fight choreography together a lot better, in my opinion.

And say what you will about the Fourze Driver, it's quick in battle and doesn't mess with flow. Put in switch, switch it on. Two very quick movements that link into each other - pulling out the switch as a separate action maybe, but it's still better than Wizard's pace-killing transformations.

I'll at least admit the voice modulations are a little wonky on some of the switches, but Fourze's ability to hype up the transformation sequence every single time is so great. There's something about THREE, TWO, ONE that just makes me grin with glee. :allears:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

My favorite Kamen Rider concept that I'd want to see made is one /m/ cooked up before we knew about Gaim. Kamen Rider Radial. His gimmick is that he was a DJ host who stumbled upon like, ghosts trapped in magic records and the like, and he used those against them to exorcise them and save the city. But he also is a walking broadcast tower, so everyone listened into his adventures thinking it was some sort of radio drama. The belt had a Radio Host mic for a centerpiece that he spoke into in order to transform, with the Belt potentially having goofy sounds like "ONE TWO! CHECK THE MIC! YOU'RE ON-AIR!"

It was a pretty cool idea, in all honesty.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not quite as good as Vamola Kyoryuger to me, but I'll wait to pass full judgement when I hear it in a better quality/in the show. It's still quite good.

ToQ is gonna rock.

More like ToQ is gonna roll.

(I'm very excited.)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think it's a lot less about Go-Buster's poor ratings and the fact that Saban realized they need to cut something somewhere considering how perennially behind they've been.

Still, I'm pretty sad about the lack of Power Rangers Task Force.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Justin_Brett posted:

He's pretty much the worst secondary ever, probably even worse than Kaixa.

Leangle is the worst secondary rider to appear in a Kamen Rider series, and I'm not sure anyone who's ever watched Blade (or tried to, thanks TV-N) will disagree with this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

HKR posted:

The ultimate robot is going to be the king of clusterfucks and I can't wait.

Sounds like someone doesn't remember the true King of Clusterfucks, the Shinken Parade Float :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Justin_Brett posted:

I won't stand to see you slandering the good name name of General Schwartz, sir.

Do we know what the system requirements for Chroma Squad are?

Behold's other notable work, Knights of Pen and Paper, was built for iOS/Android devices and then ported to PC, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a unity-built game that also allows that.

• Locked thread